Don't you hate it when...

Old June 1st 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Don't you hate it when...

....you start a project expecting NOT to like it and it turns out rather
nicely? My DD2 has a birthday party to go to tomorrow so we decided on
a lime green purse as a present (ewwww!) I figured the resultant purse
would be not to my taste at all, but instead i got a rather pleasing
surprise. There's a photo under 'New Stuff'
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/qui..._mom/my_photos

Anyone else experience this?

Michelle

Old June 1st 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Michelle,

Very cute purse, very cute girls! Very lucky birthday girl.

I haven't had that experience, but I have had the exact opposite more
times than I care to remember.

Smiles,

Hesira

Old June 1st 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Been there, done that! An outfit called "Land of Odds" holds an ugly
necklace contest each year--the goal is to produce the ugliest necklace. I
have never entered, but from what I read, it is surprisingly difficult to
intentionally produce something ugly. Maybe we do come with an innate sense
of design...

Georgia

ups.com...

Old June 2nd 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

hesira wrote:
Michelle,

Very cute purse, very cute girls!

And a boy, too

Very lucky birthday girl.

Thank you

I haven't had that experience, but I have had the exact opposite more
times than I care to remember.

Smiles,

Hesira

This isn't my first time with it, but I've ripped out more 'that's NOT
what I wanted' things than I care to remember.

Michelle

Old June 2nd 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Georgia wrote:
Been there, done that! An outfit called "Land of Odds" holds an ugly
necklace contest each year--the goal is to produce the ugliest necklace. I
have never entered, but from what I read, it is surprisingly difficult to
intentionally produce something ugly. Maybe we do come with an innate sense
of design...

Georgia

Hi Georgia

*Intentionally* ugly is *very* hard; I've tried! (don't ask, I get in
some odd moods). You may be onto something with 'innate sense of
design' though....I was SO sure that lime green would be unbearable but
it turned out to be something I might repeat...

If only *un*intentionally ugly was as difficult....

Michelle

Old June 2nd 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I agree with you on lime green generally but I had somewhat of a
similar experience when DGD#2 wanted a lime green pullover - I thought
UGH. but I got some Dale bright lime green and yellow - really almost
dayglo - and it turned out really cute on her. She is twelve - and
loved the bright color. She would think the purse was really cute too
(it is, actually) .

Old June 2nd 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

JCT wrote:
I agree with you on lime green generally but I had somewhat of a
similar experience when DGD#2 wanted a lime green pullover - I thought
UGH. but I got some Dale bright lime green and yellow - really almost
dayglo - and it turned out really cute on her. She is twelve - and
loved the bright color. She would think the purse was really cute too
(it is, actually) .

What IS it with kids and lime green?? or hot pink or screaming yellow
and orange?

Funnily enough my kids always seem to come out with good results even
if my first impression is 'ew'...their colours seem to meld.

Michelle

Old June 2nd 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hmm. Does this make me a kid? I'm accessorizing my dark-chocolate-brown
dress for my daughter's wedding with lime green shoes and a lime green wrap!

Maybe so. I celebrated my 5th decade by acting my age as 5 10-year-olds--and
I think my sixth is as 10 6-year olds!

Georgia

"Eastern Edge" wrote in message
ps.com...

Old June 2nd 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Georgia wrote:
Hmm. Does this make me a kid? I'm accessorizing my dark-chocolate-brown
dress for my daughter's wedding with lime green shoes and a lime green wrap!

Maybe so. I celebrated my 5th decade by acting my age as 5 10-year-olds--and
I think my sixth is as 10 6-year olds!

Georgia

That sounds yummy! And fun to boot....

I saw a backpack today that was chocolate brown with cream and pink
trim....all I could do to leave it in the store!

Michelle

Old June 2nd 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Eastern Edge wrote:
...you start a project expecting NOT to like it and it turns out
rather nicely? My DD2 has a birthday party to go to tomorrow so we
decided on a lime green purse as a present (ewwww!) I figured the
resultant purse would be not to my taste at all, but instead i got a
rather pleasing surprise. There's a photo under 'New Stuff'
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/qui..._mom/my_photos

Anyone else experience this?

How cute is that! ANd yes, that has happened to me, too. I hate it then,
because I so want to keep the item for myself.

Higs,
Katherine

Jiggaboos, it should taste once, hate steadily, then help without the smog outside the fire, Deaf Jerk. Stella Fenley Yarn 0 May 12th 06 07:47 AM
I hate Sunbonnet Sue. MoragP Quilting 14 November 11th 04 04:58 PM
WAY OT -- I hate Spring -- long Rhiannon Needlework 7 March 17th 04 01:02 AM