Commemorating Memorial Day

Old May 29th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Commemorating Memorial Day

Anyone doing anything special today to commemorate the fallen?
Hugs,
Noreen

But I am old enough to have had ENOUGH of wars.....
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0621-4, 05/26/2006
Tested: 5/29/2006 10:11:01 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old May 30th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

YarnWright wrote:
Anyone doing anything special today to commemorate the fallen?

Not in Canada, although I pray for them regularly.

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 30th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Mon, 29 May 2006 23:31:17 -0300, Katherine spun a fine yarn

YarnWright wrote:
Anyone doing anything special today to commemorate the fallen?

Not in Canada, although I pray for them regularly.

Higs,
Katherine

Isn't that a hoot that the ONLY person who answered that post is
Canadian?
Where's your Patriotism, USA-ers???
Hugs to Katherine, raspberries to 'others', LOL!
Noreen

- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0622-1, 05/29/2006
Tested: 5/29/2006 11:24:11 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old May 30th 06, 06:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Noreen,

We are in Atoka TN, at my sister's. Been here for the last 4 days. We
went to the National Cemetary in Memphis with the local Legion. I was
a very nice service. When we went to the area where the young poeple
are now there was not a dry eye in the crowd.

I hope every one did something.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Old May 30th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

YarnWright wrote:
Anyone doing anything special today to commemorate the fallen?

Not in Canada, although I pray for them regularly.

Higs,
Katherine

Isn't that a hoot that the ONLY person who answered that post is
Canadian?
Where's your Patriotism, USA-ers???
Hugs to Katherine, raspberries to 'others', LOL!

LOL Maybe they were all "doing things" for Memorial Day.

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 30th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

YarnWright wrote:
Anyone doing anything special today to commemorate the fallen?

Not in Canada, although I pray for them regularly.

Higs,
Katherine

Isn't that a hoot that the ONLY person who answered that post is
Canadian?
Where's your Patriotism, USA-ers???
Hugs to Katherine, raspberries to 'others', LOL!
Noreen

Now now Noreen, first of all raspberries are delicious so go ahead....LOL,
maybe most of your country men were celebrating the day, and had no time
to answer you, always think the best of others.....

I think however, that most of us, when we hear and read about the fallen
soldiers, no matter what war it is,or was, do remember, it affects us
all. We all remember in our own private ways. Some of us out loud and
some of us privately.

Hope you had a great day

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old May 30th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Els van Dam" wrote in message

I think however, that most of us, when we hear and read about the fallen
soldiers, no matter what war it is,or was, do remember, it affects us
all. We all remember in our own private ways. Some of us out loud and
some of us privately.
Els

You are so right Els. My son served two tours a few years ago overflying
Boznia and I was a mess the whole time he was gone. Thank heavens he
doesn't have to go to Afghanistan. There's a hopeless cause.

Shelagh

Old May 31st 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Thanks for your lovely comments, Els. It makes me all the more eager to
meet you in person. I'm probably one of the few who wasn't out celebrating
yesterday; unless I have to go out on a day as hot as it was, I stay inside.

--
Jan in MN

"Els van Dam" wrote ...

Old May 31st 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article , "Shillelagh" wrote:

"Els van Dam" wrote in message

I think however, that most of us, when we hear and read about the fallen
soldiers, no matter what war it is,or was, do remember, it affects us
all. We all remember in our own private ways. Some of us out loud and
some of us privately.
Els

You are so right Els. My son served two tours a few years ago overflying
Boznia and I was a mess the whole time he was gone. Thank heavens he
doesn't have to go to Afghanistan. There's a hopeless cause.

Shelagh

Shelagh, I can imagine that that must have been a difficult time. I
think that there are quite a few mothers here in this group with children
and husbands in the militairy. Though times for sure.

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old June 1st 06, 06:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article ,
"Your friend" wrote:

Thanks for your lovely comments, Els. It makes me all the more eager to
meet you in person. I'm probably one of the few who wasn't out celebrating
yesterday; unless I have to go out on a day as hot as it was, I stay inside.

Thank you Jan, what a nice thing to say

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr

Memorial Quilts for Marine Families Page Quilting 1 March 3rd 05 12:03 AM
Memorial Needleworks - Old & New lula Needlework 0 March 22nd 04 06:38 AM
Crazy Horse Memorial Omar Zia Carving 0 January 11th 04 09:22 PM
Our own MeSue memorial? annie Quilting 21 October 21st 03 09:32 PM
Ot memorial embroidery Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Needlework 1 September 6th 03 09:48 PM