OT- Gas Prices

Old September 1st 05, 02:20 AM
~KK in BC~

I know MY budget didn't allow for a jump from 89 cents a litre to this kind
of price!!!

-~~KK inBC~
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
I haven't outgrown the need to play with blocks.
http://community.webshots.com/user/koffeekupz

koffee_kupz on Yahoo Messenger
-rarely use messenger-
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
In article ,
"Allyson Brown" wrote:

Driving home tonight, the price was $1.25/litre.....which is equal to
$4.73/gallon CDN. Just thought I'd help you realize that 2.99 is not so
bad!

allyson in ontario

I suspect your budget is set to allow for $1.25 a litre. Many folks
around here don't currently have the extra in their budget for the jump
in gas prices.

marcella

Old September 1st 05, 02:22 AM
ALZ

I saw that story too, but they started with the 1980s when gas began
going over $1.00 a gallon. If they had started when I started driving,
which was 1972, when gas was 33 cents a gallon (and this was the name
brands, not the independents) I don't think that would be the case.

The fact remains that the oil companies and those who control them are
getting richer and richer every day from the War in Iraq and now from
Katrina. And we all know who controls the oil companies!

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:12:44 GMT, "Pauline"
wrote:

I heard a news report the other day & then heard a discussion about it on
the radio that says our gas prices are actually lower than they were in the
70's, when you figure inflation in. There was an article in today's paper
about how severely the increased price of gasoline is affecting our economy.
An informal survey was conducted & the people that responded that they are
going out less, so as a result, are spending less on dining out, shopping,
vacationing, etc. We can't play this game too much longer - we went to the
wine country today & on the way, regular gas was $2.83 - on the way back, it
was $2.99 (when we decided to stop & fill up) - just a few hours later.

Pauline
"Allyson Brown" wrote in message
. ..
Driving home tonight, the price was $1.25/litre.....which is equal to
$4.73/gallon CDN. Just thought I'd help you realize that 2.99 is not so

bad!

allyson in ontario

"ALZ" wrote in message
Gas prices have gone up TWICE today. From 8:30 to 1:00, they jumped 20
cents a gallon and I was just out at 4:00 and they are up another 10
cents a gallon!

I can't believe someone isn't making oodles on this and using the
hurricane as an easy excuse.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old September 1st 05, 02:41 AM
Roberta

Pat in Virginia wrote:
A little surprize! Today I passed a station where the price for all
three grades of gasoline were the same. The price was lower than most
stations are now charging for the low grade. It was $2.69. I thought
this was really kind hearted of the owners. But I had just gotten a full
tank, $2.59 for the low grade. Now THAT was a bargain of sorts.

Roberta, where the heck are you buying gasoline?? Not the place around
the corner, I hope! That is the most expensive place near here.

PAT in VA/USA

No - I didn't buy gas there
I actually didn't get gas, just drove by the BP near the K-mart. My mom
did say that the Walmart on Jefferson had regular for $2.69 (and if you
go in and put your gas money on a gift card, you save and additional 3
cents per gallon)

Roberta (in VA)
Roberta wrote:

ALZ wrote:

Gas prices have gone up TWICE today. From 8:30 to 1:00, they jumped 20
cents a gallon and I was just out at 4:00 and they are up another 10
cents a gallon!

I can't believe someone isn't making oodles on this and using the
hurricane as an easy excuse.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Yep - regular is up to $2.99 a gallon here :/

Roberta (in VA)

Old September 1st 05, 03:17 AM
Carolyn McCarty

On the news tonight I saw signs from an Atlanta station that advertised over
$6.00 per gallon! Is that nuts, or what!?!?!

On the other hand, if gasoline gets really scarce, a lot of those folks who
own stations are likely to be unemployed for a while..............

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

"Elaine Abner" wrote in message
I live 45 miles east of Atlanta and the highest price here has been
$3.99 per gallon and that was only at 1 station. Most are from
$2.89-$3.29. Heard that GA governor has frozen prices to prevent
gouging. Some of the media has said that GA is running out of gas but
that is not true. We get only a small percentage of our gas from LA.
Elaine

Old September 1st 05, 03:42 AM
AliceW

NJ Turnpike can only change the gas prices once per week at midnight on
Thursday. Worked great for me when price was at $2.37 there and was over
$2.50 elsewhere. I filled up every night on my way home from work. But
then it went to $2.57 last Friday. I was wondering how they would handle
the current price hike which was about 20 cents at most stations. Came home
from work today and it was $2.89 for regular and $2.99 and $3.09 for the
other grades. That's a 32 cent increase overnight and it's supposed to go
up again at midnight tonight.

I use 5 gallons per day just go get to work and we have started talking
about 4 day work weeks and work at home days. I have staff members who
travel 65 miles one way. They say they can work at the local Home Depot and
take a pay cut and still make what they do now and not have the gas prices
to deal with. Gas prices are hitting more than just the wallet. I'm
waiting to see what the price of food items in the stores start climbing to.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

:

Old September 1st 05, 03:46 AM
KJ

No refineries have been built for over 30 years!

"Christina in Ok" wrote in message
Gas prices are going to be higher in the US ever, Reports are now coming
out of GA they are seeing $5.87 in the capital a Gal for gas.
By the weekend we all may be seeing this price in the entire USA.
They are now speaking of Tickets for gas, ( limits on how much your able
to fill)
We are ready seeing gas at around or over $3.00 a gal.

It is not the oil, but the refineriarry (SP? ) to make oil into gas that
is going to be the problem. No New refineriarys (SP? ) have been built in
the USA for 10 years. and the ones we do have are down in the gulf,
others have problems and cannot keep up with the demand.

Old September 1st 05, 04:47 AM
Mika

I couldn't believe it. DH and I went to Walmart this evening and gas around
her had hit $3.29/gal. That sad thing about living on Long Island is that
you have to pay to get on or off the island and that cause the cost of
EVERYTHING here to be high. It's ridiculous that the government isn't
stepping in and putting a price cap on gas or doing something.

Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

Old September 1st 05, 10:45 AM
bdiane

Could someone in the UK tell people what you pay for gas? When we
lived over there it was a LOT and that was in 1990. Do share.

Old September 1st 05, 11:20 AM
Kate Dicey

bdiane wrote:

Could someone in the UK tell people what you pay for gas? When we
lived over there it was a LOT and that was in 1990. Do share.

It was 90p a litre in the middle of the month, before Katrina blew up,
which is about $6.15 per US gallon. Recent events have affected the
price by a couple of pence per litre. I'm afraid your recent price
hikes leave us a little cold, and, as a country, rather unsympathetic
(however sympathetic I feel personally for friends on the group). Looks
like you may end up with either another goodly price hike or rationing.

We run on diesel, and the Ibiza does about 55 UK miles per Imperial
gallon. We run one car.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 1st 05, 12:16 PM
ALZ

There is a law in NYS that you can only raise gas prices once every 24
hours, but it is being ignored. The thing is the gas they are charging
more for is gas that they already had and paid a lower price for.
Someone is taking advantage of this. If Eliot Spitzer really wants to
be governor, he will do a throrough investigation.
Linda (who cancelled her trip to see her daughter in Delaware this
weekend)
PATCHogue, NY

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:47:04 -0400, "Mika"
wrote:

I couldn't believe it. DH and I went to Walmart this evening and gas around
her had hit $3.29/gal. That sad thing about living on Long Island is that
you have to pay to get on or off the island and that cause the cost of
EVERYTHING here to be high. It's ridiculous that the government isn't
stepping in and putting a price cap on gas or doing something.

Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

.. .

SM prices online? muse9 Quilting 37 January 1st 05 06:32 PM
New Sewing Machines Forsale ! Huge Selection ! Low Prices ! Walmart Marketplace 0 December 29th 04 09:19 PM
[ADVERT] Online guide to gemstone prices Tana Jewelry 0 May 17th 04 01:42 AM
Have diamond prices dropped over the past 2 years? P.Nichols Jewelry 9 October 15th 03 05:45 AM
OT OT People fed up with gas prices being jerked around in Canada Suzanne N. Fernandes Needlework 12 September 1st 03 02:25 PM