Baltimore Quilts

Old March 26th 05, 12:06 AM
Pat EAXStitch

Default Baltimore Quilts

Just been having a squizz around and found a UK source for Reynolds freezer
paper - at http://www.sewessential.co.uk/Catego...CategoryID=421 -
thought I`d post it here in case it`s of any use to anyone else!

Pat P

Old March 26th 05, 02:35 PM
anne

Pat EAXStitch said
Just been having a squizz around and found a UK source for Reynolds freezer
paper - at http://www.sewessential.co.uk/Catego...CategoryID=421 -
thought I`d post it here in case it`s of any use to anyone else!

Yikes, you'll be paying almost 3 times as much as we do here in the U.S. You
might come out ahead if you find a similar product at a restaurant or butcher
supply company or even if someone here sent you a package.

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old March 26th 05, 07:56 PM
Pat EAXStitch

Actually it`s not all that bad - £5.50 for a 50 ft roll of Reynold Freezer
paper. It would probably be cheaper if they didn`t have to get it from the
States. It seems so silly that we don`t keep it as a matter of course in
all our supermarkets.

Pat P

"anne" wrote in message
ews.com...
Pat EAXStitch said

Old March 26th 05, 09:59 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Our local butcher wraps the meat in freezer paper. Do yours? I was
thinking of that as another source for you to try.

Dianne

Pat EAXStitch wrote:
Actually it`s not all that bad - £5.50 for a 50 ft roll of Reynold Freezer
paper. It would probably be cheaper if they didn`t have to get it from the
States. It seems so silly that we don`t keep it as a matter of course in
all our supermarkets.

Pat P

"anne" wrote in message
ews.com...

Pat EAXStitch said

Just been having a squizz around and found a UK source for Reynolds

freezer

paper - at http://www.sewessential.co.uk/Catego...CategoryID=421 -
thought I`d post it here in case it`s of any use to anyone else!

Yikes, you'll be paying almost 3 times as much as we do here in the U.S.

You

might come out ahead if you find a similar product at a restaurant or

butcher

supply company or even if someone here sent you a package.

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply

--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

Old March 26th 05, 11:24 PM
Sally Swindells

Hi Pat

I replied to you on RCTQ but you obviously haven't seen it.

You can get freezer paper at most quilting shops.

I would suggest Quilters Haven in Wickham Market. They have a
fantastic stock of all quilting items; very helpful staff, and don't
charge postage if you go to the shop! - It is only about 20 mins away
from you!

If you want a preview of the shop they have a web site:
http://www.quilters-haven.co.uk/

No affiliation - they just take my money!

If you have any probs let me know and I'll send you some.

Hope your foot's mended now

Sally

Old March 26th 05, 11:30 PM
Sally Swindells

Forgot to say I know Quilters Haven at Wickham Market definitely have
the freezer paper - thats where I got mine and they were selling
someone a roll when I was in at the begoinning of the week.

Old March 26th 05, 11:53 PM
Pat EAXStitch

"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote in message
Our local butcher wraps the meat in freezer paper. Do yours? I was
thinking of that as another source for you to try.

Dianne

Thanks Dianne, but unfortunately not. They just use a coarse kind of plain
white paper.

Pat P

Old March 26th 05, 11:55 PM
Pat EAXStitch

I don`t know that we do! Having seen it at our demo. I can see the
advantage of it for wrapping stuff for the freezer and just writing straight
on it.

Pat P

"Tara D" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:56:20 GMT, "Pat EAXStitch"
wrote:

Actually it`s not all that bad - £5.50 for a 50 ft roll of Reynold

Freezer
paper. It would probably be cheaper if they didn`t have to get it from

the
States. It seems so silly that we don`t keep it as a matter of course in
all our supermarkets.

Pat P

Why Pat? You've gone how many years without needing it so far. There
must obviously be a replacement that works well food wise.

Tara

Old March 27th 05, 12:00 AM
Pat EAXStitch

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message

Hi Pat

I replied to you on RCTQ but you obviously haven't seen it.

You can get freezer paper at most quilting shops.

I would suggest Quilters Haven in Wickham Market. They have a
fantastic stock of all quilting items; very helpful staff, and don't
charge postage if you go to the shop! - It is only about 20 mins away
from you!

If you want a preview of the shop they have a web site:
http://www.quilters-haven.co.uk/

No affiliation - they just take my money!

If you have any probs let me know and I'll send you some.

Hope your foot's mended now

Sally

Thanks, Sally, but I hear they sell it by the yard - but I`ll find out how
much they charge for it. It would probably be cheaper to buy a roll!

The foot`s much better now, thanks, my main problem now is the tummy bug I
had last week that just keeps coming back! One darned thing after another.
Hope John doesn`t get it in the next couple of weeks - he has his cataract
done on the 13th and has to lie VERY STILL for 40 minutes! That should be
interesting, particularly if he goes to sleep, as he thrashes around like
crazy in his sleep. Still, I shouldn`t think that that`s likely.

Pat P

Old March 27th 05, 12:30 AM
Sally Swindells

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 00:00:21 GMT, "Pat EAXStitch"
wrote:

Thanks, Sally, but I hear they sell it by the yard - but I`ll find out how
much they charge for it. It would probably be cheaper to buy a roll!

No they sell it by the roll - its about £5.50. They will sell it by
the yard too if people only want a bit for a course or something. My
roll came from there and will last me for ever!

Sally