OT Uh ..... Hi?

Old January 13th 04, 03:43 AM
Sarah Curry

Hell, Suzie, I haven't pinned one in a LONG time, but if I DO again, the
"beer-measurement" will ABSOLUTELY be part of it!
That beer would be solely for "medicinal/measurement" purposes, of
course ...
And I DID get your e-, a while back, and I DID respond, but of course
missed the "nospam" part completely (just never have understood that
theory, so I don't pay attention), so it bounced, and by the time I
figured that out, I'd deleted the original, and STILL didn't have an
address! (and then just flung up my hands)
How's life under the Pier, these days? And yes, my little cannon is
still where I can see it :-). USED that schoolbus-yella suitcase,
lately? And if you did, was your host as ALERT as I (hmph ... "just
slid off the stash-shelf of its own volition and into the yella
suitcase", my ... hmph ... :-) )

Grins,

Sairey (who's not ENTIRELY sure about that "sane" part ... :-) )

Paul & Suzie Beckwith wrote:

Howdy do Sairey - welcome back to the sane part of the universe!!

I have to ask - do you still consider swiggin a beer as an essential
part of basting a quilt? 'cos I'm about to get basting, and want to
make sure I do it right...

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Old January 13th 04, 03:45 AM
Sarah Curry

And again, thanks, guyz ... oldies and newbies alike ...

Grins,

Sairey

Dr. Quilter wrote:

glad to have you back Sarah.... ! hope you stay around this time!

Old January 13th 04, 10:33 AM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:43:05 -0700, Sarah Curry
wrote:

[...]

The Pier is jus' fine, they have just finished building a new
fancypants entrance to it, and are now busy digging up the other side
of the road, taking out the gardens and putting lord know what in its
place...

....the schoolbus-yella suitcases are currently in the attic awaiting
our next Grand Tour, hell we're still paying for America '99 here on
the credit card, but we're sure hoping to go away somewhere nice this
year and use them... we did take one to Poland in 2002, as well as one
of the grey ones, so that breakable stuff could make it home in the
hold of the coach...

Glad to hear that the cannon survived the mass-throwout in your sewing
room - sometimes it can be the smaller bits and bobs that we all have
knocking around that succumb to the "tidying up and throwing out"
party that occurs just after Christmas... personally I've just got rid
of 2 large dustbin bags full of half-finished craft stuff and odds and
sods that have been dust-bunny retreats for ages... evicting those
little darlings is certainly good for the soul! Its part of the "New
Year, New You" regime I've fallen into, along with going back to
Weigh****chers and carrying on losing weight and trying to get fit
again!

And quilting - well thats had to pick up the pace as the current quilt
I'm making (as a birthday present for a colleague at work) has
reminded me that her birthday is Valentines Day, and the blocks
haven't even been sashed yet... eek - gotta get a move on with them!
I've use the quillow pattern from Lynne Edwards "Making Scarp Quilts
to use it up" book, a foundation-pieced wonky log cabin using
"whoa-there" brights with a sort-of "I-spy" fussy-cut in the centre of
each block. Its certainly looking bright and sassy, which will suit my
friend down to the ground.

Pictures? yeah well wait until I've sashed and sorted the borders out
please!

Welcome back Sairey - keep posting - this group needs some NM humour
now and then - as well as the formula for beer-bastin'!!

Suzie B
Old January 13th 04, 02:26 PM

Another of the Virginia contingent tagging on to welcome you back.

I am interested in this FLW quilt as a friend of mine had gifted me with
a quilt book of FLW designs- I think it was a big fat hint for a quilt
It will have to stand in line behind at least the 5 that are in process.
Anywho- the book has patterns etc, so I want to know if it is a door that
is a pattern in there or one you are winging yourself.

HUGS
Julie
Richmond, VA
aka silverbells

said...
mailed & posted

ROFL .... I *knew* that tea urn comment would bring out the best,
(or is that beast?) in you Sarah!
Hey, I've saved a stool right here next to the beer cooler. Got
some diorites, if you bring the salsa we're set.
To keep this on topic, I want to know which FLW door you plan to
render in fabric.
TTFN, PAT in cold but sunny VA/USA (it's a damp cold!)

Sarah Curry wrote:

snipped
I HAVE started the FLW (in the spirit of Frank Lloyd
Wright ... I've had the picture of that stained-glass door around for
YEARS) quilt, but it's gonna be a LONG time in the making!

Old January 13th 04, 09:05 PM
Royce

It's about time you got back here, Miz Sairey. I'm just catchin up, too.
Been off since B4 Christmas. Can't read 'em all, jus' skimmin' for now.
Grab a seat & stay a while, dearie!

--
Royce - playin' catch-up...and pretty soon it'll be Baseball Season!
A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

"Sarah Curry" wrote in message
Well, shuckins, folks (digging toe in dirt, of course :-) ), thankee!
I couldn't be more pleased ... well, except for that TEA-URN part!
Sheesh! Relegated to the TEA-urn? I don't mind losin' my chair (whould
have, and I can butt-bump with the best :-) ), but good grief! I
BROUGHT beer! Mebbe I could just scootch in someplace besides next to
the TEA???? (thanks, nzl, btw :-) ) And chocolate? Hmph. I get MY
endorphins with chile (three hundred HOW many tamales? What a task!)

Not playin' pool this evening (just worn plumb OUT after a crazy day at
work), so Swee'Pea (for the newbies, that's my pool cue) will just hafta
wait a week or so, and tonight, I'll play a little more catchup, answer
some questions (nope, I'm NOT gonna clutter up the ng with out-loud
answers to every single welcome -- just know that I read them all, and
teared up a little, and ... well, glad you left the light on for me!
:-) ). Will call out a couple of names from time to time ... that
doesn't mean I didn't "see" the rest of you!

Several asked about MSM ("My Sainted Mother" ... yes, newbies, I coined
that acronym ... you see, she HAD to have been a saint to've got me
raised at all, much less raised fairly well :-) ). She's cookin'
right along, will turn 91 next month, and while less mobile, is still
fiesty -- and ****ed as hell that she "walks like an old woman" (which
she does, with a cane). She'll drive to Hobbs (my hometown ... I keep
thinking newbies are reading this, so I keep explaining ... you know
where your delete-keys are! :-) ) later this month. Nope, not the
whole 4.5 hours in one fell swoop, any more. She stops and spends the
night with a friend in Cloudcroft, goes on the next day.
Our relationship will ALWAYS be ... erm ... "complicated," but some
things just aren't gonna change :-)
We showed her HUG at a breast cancer shindig in November, and she was
just WILD to get it back (I'll GET it, Mama, I'll GET it).

Quilting? Haven't done ANY, to speak of, in over a year. Last 6 months
of the Bassman saga, I was on the road a LOT of the time, and that split
set me into such a tailspin that I was completely quilt-inert for MONTHS
-- and by that time, the sewin' room was such a bomb-went-off-in-here
disaster that I couldn't FIND the machine (or the cutting table, or the
ironing board, etc.). I TRIED, from time to time, but the efforts were
half-hearted, at best, and I just sighed and shut the door on the mess
for another while. I HAVE started the FLW (in the spirit of Frank Lloyd
Wright ... I've had the picture of that stained-glass door around for
YEARS) quilt, but it's gonna be a LONG time in the making!

Them Red Rabbit Ballz are still hangin', my dears, and nicely (and let
the newbies just WONDER about that one :-) ) under the Bordello Lamp
:-) ...

Oh, Wayne! OW! Ribs are HARD! Never BROKE one (much less two), but I
cracked a couple once (law school party), and that HURT! And nope, I
don't see Wayne cutting much fabric, either ... but he's GREAT at
hauling bolts off the shelves (as was Cpl Cannon :-) ), eggin' on the
S.E.X ... so hugs to ya, Egger-Onner ... this, too, shall pass!

Ah, me little rubber ducky, good to see you, too! If mine brought you
out of lurkdom, GOOD FOR ME!!!!! (Krysia is my "adoptee", Butterfly's
sis (weren't there triplets, or something? :-) ), and one of the stars
(or something like that) in the long-ago "opera" that drove a lot of
people CRAZY. :-) )

Joyce, I'm a little afraid to ask, but I really have to. Private is fine.

Jeanbaby (smoochies to Cute Chuck, and some absolutely shameless
begging, here), you and/or HoBo made any of those WEEENY little log
cabins recently? (at the meet-up in Burbank, those two passed out TINY
(I mean LITTLE! 2" square!) log cabin quilts (yes, QUILTS! QUILTED!)
with key-chain eyelets ). Mine is now THREADBARE (and am *I* gonna make
a 2" PIECED square, with "logs" all of 1/4"?????? Not if I can BEG
one!) ....

Natalie-in-Oz, thank you, and welcome! (so enjoyed my stay in 'Straylia!)

And that brings me to the Atlas. Nah. After the LAST crash, esp when I
hadn't been here in such a long time, I just chucked it all. Yes, if
someone wants to carry that torch (but will have to re-invent it), more
power to ya! It won't be me. I'll always ASK, but I won't be doing any
more "pinning" on the Atlas.

Not thrilled with the way Netscape is now doing newsgroups (as usual, I
liked/got used to the "old way" :-) ), so it's harder, now, to figure
out what's happening. In any event, I'll try to keep up, tell a tale
now and then, and keep this as little ON topic as possible (they don't
call me "QOOT" for nothin'!)

Happy Trails,

Sairey in Las Cruces, NM