A Quilt For Me This Year club

Old January 5th 04, 01:21 AM
M. Wetmore

On 4 Jan 2004 12:07:13 -0800, (Bonnie) wrote:

"Jalynne" wrote in message hlink.net...
I've seen several people who are planning on making a quilt for themselves this year.

OK, since I've started the ultimate scrappy star quilt, I would love
to join. I'm still working on the strippy borders, but this should
give me incentive to keep going ( along with the DIY blocks).

Bonnie in OR
http://community.webshots.com/user/seabreezy

Hi Bonnie:

Go to http://www.mardiweb.com/RCTQ/ and join the RCTQ DIY BOM.

You can call it your "do it for yourself (DIFY) quilt.

Mardi
Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot com.
____________________

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat
Old January 5th 04, 01:23 AM
M. Wetmore

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 22:13:11 GMT, "Jalynne"
wrote:

What we can do is report here with "A Quilt for ME" as the subject, and add the
month, so that we can all give our progress for the month. I'll try to keep track of
those who are interested (no commitment or nagging will be required, so don't feel
pressured about that, it's just so that i don't get confused...lol.)

Or join the RCTQ DIY BOM at http://www.mardiweb.com/RCTQ/ and call it
your "DIFM" (do it for me) quilt. I am providing the web space and
the posting service. Come on in and join us.

Old January 5th 04, 01:27 AM
Jalynne

Well, i've got too many projects right now to add another to the list. That's why i
thought of this group. No reason people can't do both, eh?
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old January 5th 04, 01:34 AM
Diana Curtis

Over achiever. Wanna come wash mine for me please?
:-)
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
So far: picked out fabrics and pattern and washed half the fabrics.

Larisa

Jalynne wrote:
Well, looks like we have a good sized group. Here's what we do...and

thanks to
Butterfly for the suggestions.

We post here to the group on a monthly basis. I'll try to be the first

to post an
update, and the rest of you can follow my lead. I may have to have

someone post in
April for me, because i'm having surgery that first week...but we'll

deal with that
when the time comes. Posts will be titled "A Quilt for ME - January (or

whatever
month it happens to be)"

With your post, just tell us what you did this past month to further

your completion
of your quilt, even if it's just to say you picked out a pattern, etc.

If you wish
to show us a photo, i can offer space on my website (i'll be putting my

progress pix
there), or you can use your own photo sharing site. Whichever, just

know that the
option is open.

That's it, that's all there is to it. This is a no-pressure club. No

deadlines,
other than having your quilt finished by twelve months after you start

it, and even
that's pretty loose. I won't be hunting you down if you don't make an

update
post...nothing like that. My idea here is to encourage you (and me) to

make that one
quilt you've put off making for yourself, without adding pressure.

Thanks for
playing! I can't wait to see your progress.

Old January 5th 04, 01:38 AM
Two x over

uhmmmm...i picked out the pattern, does that count as a start???
betsey
"we do not inherit the earth, we caretake it for our children"
Old January 5th 04, 01:39 AM
Bonnie

Count me in. Now I have to decide what quilt I want to do
for my room. I decides to do a block of the month for the
guestroom, Moondance from Applewood. I saw that and loved
the look. Can't wait to begin! It doesn't start until Jan
15th.

--
Bonnie, the Quilt Lady
NJ

Old January 5th 04, 01:51 AM
CNYstitcher

nope! I was washing as I bought, but then I just started shoving it in
a box so that it was all in the same box.

Old January 5th 04, 04:53 AM
Butterfly

My 'design fabric' is cut out (since 2001?). The background fabric is not
but is washed and ready to be. Depending on "life" this month--I may not get
any further .
((((Stack n Whack pattern
Fabric: Butterflies...
Background: cream butterfly outlines on cream ))))
Butterfly (maybe THAT much commitment will get me going on it )