OT Halloween Horror Nights Rant

Old October 1st 03, 11:34 PM
Nurse Ratched

Default OT Halloween Horror Nights Rant

Does anyone else live near a Universal Studios attraction?

I do, and they've been running ads for their Halloween Horror Nights event.
The ad shows a maniacal-looking guy ("The Director") setting up camera shots of
a terrified man in a bathtub full of water, who is then electrocuted (you see a
hand throwing a big switch and hear a scream). Where I come from, the theme of
this commercial is clearly "the making of a snuff film". Anyone else see it
that way?

I've just finished complaining to Universal and to the TV station, and am
debating about how best to make my objections more public. I'm thinking about
complaining to the local vice cops, since snuff films are illegal.

Nurse Ratched (remove "cuckoo" from address to reply)
We'll all get back to normal if we put our nation first,
But the trouble with "normal" is, it always gets worse. ~Bruce Cockburn
Old October 2nd 03, 12:13 AM
frood

I don't live near one of those, but I'm ticked off anyway. I think this sort
of thing is absolutely horrid! (I also hate the show Fear Factor, but that's
a different rant.) Now, I love Halloween - it is my favorite holiday. I also
think a little scare is fun. The kind of thing that makes the hair on the
back of your neck tingle, but too scary is not fun. I don't want nightmares;
I don't want my kids to have nightmares. There is enough real violence in
the world without making stuff up.

Give me a 3-foot-tall pirate with the sniffles any day. I'll give 'em candy,
and pretend to be scared. Now that sounds like fun to me.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old October 2nd 03, 04:52 AM
Carolyn McCarty

I agree, 100%!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. Carolyn McCarty

m...

Old October 2nd 03, 04:58 AM
nzl*

ditto!!
"make quilts not uh uh uh, that other thing"
jeanne*

"Carolyn McCarty" wrote...

Old October 2nd 03, 08:47 PM
Pat in Virginia

Nursie:
Yes, it is terribly crude and certainly NOT appropriate for
children. At the very least there should be a warning to parents.
To say nothing about scairdy cats like me!! The scary stuff I
like is more on the order of hanging threads across the doorway
so it seems like spider webs. Oh, wait, that describes most
quilters' sewing rooms!
PAT in VA/USA
PS: Have you written letters to the new papers?

Old October 2nd 03, 10:32 PM
Royce

I agree with you, Nurse. Fight it & call the news media, (papers & TV
stations).

--
Royce
A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Old October 3rd 03, 06:34 AM
nzl*

omg, i agree. this is just appropriate anywhere in public.
they arrest people for 'inciting to riot', isnt this inciting to zap
yourself or someone else, even if by accidental stupidity of some people.
i'm amazed what crap gets out there. we get it down here too.
to hell on a handcart.
jeanne

Old October 3rd 03, 04:40 PM
Royce

Hey everyone, here's a copy of a response to this thread that was sent to me
privately. Did any of you who agreed with Nurse get this also?

OT Halloween rant Lee Needlework 57 November 7th 03 01:23 AM
AD ~ Halloween Specials and NEW stuff in the store! Mj Beads 1 October 29th 03 04:51 PM
AD: Assorted Fiber Sets, Sampler Sets & Halloween Page Kits Spot Rubberstamps 0 October 12th 03 07:28 PM
Halloween Designs Secrets of Embroidery Needlework 0 October 4th 03 11:19 AM
Halloween not really OT Carolyn Williams Quilting 16 September 14th 03 07:09 PM