OT Note from School

Old July 30th 09, 01:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT Note from School

I will happily make pie and punch for everybody who wants to make a
field trip to behold the school staff in their native habitat.

Here it is, word for word, comma for comma:

"Dear Parents,

The Erie Zoo Field Trip scheduled for Friday July 31st as been changed
to tommorow, Thursday July 30th due to the weather forecasted for
Friday."

I've gotten so used to editing my own typos and mangleings of the
language, I had to proofread very carefully to get their errors right.

I must say I don't feel so bad about my goofs when I get notes like
this from the school! LOL

NightMist
--

Legolas is my house elf

Old July 30th 09, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_6_]

Yikes! I'm afraid that's all I can say, or I'd go off on a rant that
wouldn't stop until Sunday!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old July 30th 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

That brings the shudders as much as when a now-retired Deputy
Executive Officer at my court would send out a court-wide email with
grammar and spelling errors. And the one judge who sent out a court-
wide email this week with terrible spelling.

Ginger in CA

Old July 30th 09, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

Hi Nightmist,

"What KIND of pie?" - Robert Redford, "The Way We Were"

Oh, would I have some fun with that school...

I was going to bust your chops about misspelling "mangling" but upon
covering my behind I find that either is correct. ;-)

Doc

Old July 30th 09, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Most of you know that I am lucky enough to go from SC to FL during the
coldest Winter months.
Our Park manager sends out notices to all the residents about once a month.
Each 1/2 page notice contains a minimum of 10 typos or grammar errors. It
has gotten so we are asking each other "how many errors did you count in
THIS notice?"
Barbara in SC

Old July 30th 09, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

One small town newspaper in one of the 'small towns' we once lived in would
put in errors on purpose. On the last page, bottom right corner, it would
say how many INTENTIONAL errors there were. People would call in every week
with the number they found. Showed people not only read the paper but paid
attention to what they read

Butterfly

Old July 30th 09, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Rather like a Where's Waldo, huh? My spelling and grammar are both pretty
good....my typing is sometimes the issue. I go a bit nuts when I read one
of my own posts that is misspelled.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old July 30th 09, 03:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

My spelling is ok. My grammer stinks. My typing is
marginal. I don't educate children in grammer though.
I don't have a law degree either. I figure for the most
part we are pretty casual around here. The payoff is just
in our sharing and kinship. That is kind of a whole different thing.

I celebrated the day my daughter (the baby) graduated from high
school and I was done dealing with public education. I don't
know how the really good folks there deal with all the bad ones.

I do hope Ash has a great time at the trip to the zoo.
Taria

New approach School yasin Jewelry 0 April 3rd 07 03:42 AM
Demo at school Wooly Yarn 9 May 7th 06 07:38 AM
Knitting at school Aud Yarn 7 February 4th 06 05:39 PM
OT - Sunday School Jalynne Beads 39 August 18th 04 02:56 AM
Jewelers School? J. Alan Jewelry 1 July 22nd 04 04:03 PM