Very Dufficult New Year Resolution

Old January 7th 09, 08:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default OT Very Dufficult New Year Resolution: Marmalade recipes

Taria wrote:
Heck, my marmalade was always oranges and lemons. (2 to 1) Plain old
good California (neighborhood) variety fruit made into the Sure-Jel
insert recipe. We are pretty no none sense here. We do 'grow our
own' though. LOL Sugar just good old C&H granulated.

Nothing wrong with that. The one we ate every day at home was the All
In Family one as you get a lot of toast under that many oranges! Makes
good steamed pudding, too...

Kate gets into some fancy marmalades it seems. Would like to taste
test some of it!

Not sure how glass jars would fare in the post, but you can always pop
in for breakfast one day...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old January 7th 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Found it here (thought treacle might have another name too!!).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscovado

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
amy in CNY wrote:
ok, i'm lost...what is Muscavado sugar??? is that a British thing? or
a Gourmet thing?

amy in CNY

It's a soft, unrefined sugar, very dark brown. Tastes like treacle.

Old January 7th 09, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default Very Dufficult New Year Resolution

Have to step in he naked home-made bread warm out of the oven
doesn't need anything to make it delicious! Especially the crusty end.
Roberta in D

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 07:50:57 -0800 (PST), Sherry
wrote:

On Jan 6, 8:13*am, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
Polly Esther wrote:
Kate, I think of you as trustworthy but I am not truly certain that this is
a fact. *I'll just have to go test some to be sure. *Frankly, I sincerely
doubt it. *Polly

Kate X wrote in part - Home made bread does not need butter on it, and
'marmalade is tasty when
very thickly spread'. *

You will, of course, have to try the home made bread with:
a) just butter
b) just marmalade - thickly spread
c) butter and marmalade
d) neither butter nor marmalade

This will ensure you have covered all the possibilities.
If you have more than one type of butter and/or marmalade you will have
to extend your tests accordingly.

:-)

Lizzy

Or there's another alternative -- homemade butter with "Promise"
fatfree spread. It looks like
butter, spreads like butter, but tastes like butter that's been run
through a de-flavorizing machine.
Better than naked homemade bread though.

Sherry

Old January 7th 09, 11:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Jan 7, 2:12*pm, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
Have to step in he naked home-made bread warm out of the oven
doesn't need anything to make it delicious! Especially the crusty end.
Roberta in D

Okay, okay, I concede. Naked bread it is.
BTW, as long as we've gone this far OT: Does anyone have a recipe
for Beer Bread? I received a "Mix'' thing as a gift; all you had to
add
was 12 oz. of beer; so I had no idea what's in it. But it was really
good.
A very dense, heavy bread.

Sherry
Old January 8th 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sherry wrote:
On Jan 7, 2:12 pm, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
Have to step in he naked home-made bread warm out of the oven
doesn't need anything to make it delicious! Especially the crusty end.
Roberta in D

Okay, okay, I concede. Naked bread it is.
BTW, as long as we've gone this far OT: Does anyone have a recipe
for Beer Bread? I received a "Mix'' thing as a gift; all you had to
add
was 12 oz. of beer; so I had no idea what's in it. But it was really
good.
A very dense, heavy bread.

Sherry

Scroll down to my Ploughman's Lunch Bread:
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co....20Recipies.htm

Old January 8th 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Sherry wrote:
On Jan 7, 2:12 pm, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
Have to step in he naked home-made bread warm out of the oven
doesn't need anything to make it delicious! Especially the crusty end.
Roberta in D

Okay, okay, I concede. Naked bread it is.
BTW, as long as we've gone this far OT: Does anyone have a recipe
for Beer Bread? I received a "Mix'' thing as a gift; all you had to
add
was 12 oz. of beer; so I had no idea what's in it. But it was really
good.
A very dense, heavy bread.

Sherry

This is from last night's local paper
http://www.postbulletin.com/newsmanager/templates/localnews_story.asp?z=36&a=378607.
It's a quick bread -- no yeast or rising time.

Julia in MN

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/