This and that

Old December 29th 08, 01:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Default This and that

says...

If you have a Kinko's near you I believe they can make it into a spiral
bound book for you. I don't know how much it costs.

There's one not far from me. I'll check it out.

p.s. Thanks all for the suggestions

--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old December 29th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 12/28/08 9:34 PM, "Olwyn Mary" wrote:

anne wrote:

Pages in my paperback copy of Erica Wilson's Embroidery Book which I go to
for
advice and inspiration are falling out sigh I'm sure that even if I could
find a professional a binder, the cost would be astronomical. Do you know of
any procedures that'll save the book so I don't have to get another copy at
the
used book store?

I have been intending for some time now to buy a (used) hardback copy.
There are more and better illustrations in the hardcover, but by the
time I found out about this book it was OOP, so I had to make do with
the paperback. The only thing stopping me is that I am also seeking a
copy of Barbara Kafka's Healthy Microwave Cooking, which, in a fit of
misplaced economy, I failed to buy when it was new, thinking that I
could simply adapt from her Microwave Gourmet. I am trying to find a
source which has both, so I can get them with one order.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Have you looked at Ruth Kerns' Bookshop? She is the one who doest the shops
at the national seminars for ANG & EGA, and has a website. Anyhow - my
eventual point is - Ruth carries used copies of OOP books, as well as
whatever she may have found. Tons and tons of needlework books. Might be
worth looking.

http://www.ruthkernbooks.com/

Ellice

Old December 29th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Trish Brown wrote:
anne wrote:
Has anyone heard from Lula Chang? Her website hasn't been updated in
awhile and I miss her thought provoking posts.

They, the borrowers and blackholes, are back!!! This time, they have
absconded with or swallowed a little bag of beads.

Pages in my paperback copy of Erica Wilson's Embroidery Book which I
go to for advice and inspiration are falling out sigh I'm sure that
even if I could find a professional a binder, the cost would be
astronomical. Do you know of any procedures that'll save the book so I
don't have to get another copy at the used book store?

It's not at all hard to bind a book, especially if you're one of those
measure-twice-cut-once sorts of people. I wouldn't try to type out the
instructions here, as they're pretty detailed and need illustrations,
but I learned how from the Reader's Digest Repair Manual. If you can get
hold of an old copy of that, you won't be sorry! There's buckets of good
advice in there!

This seems a not-too-inappropriate place to insert a neat craft I saw at
a recent craft fair: purses made from hardcover books. Talk about recycling!

These were beautifully wrought, with great care in matching fabrics and
themes.

http://www.rebound-designs.com/catalog/

enjoy!

sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
Old December 29th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Dec 28, 9:57*am, anne wrote:

Pages in my paperback copy of Erica Wilson's Embroidery Book which I go to for
advice and inspiration are falling out sigh I'm sure that even if I could
find a professional a binder, the cost would be astronomical. Do you know of
any procedures that'll save the book so I don't have to get another copy at the
used book store?

I don't remember where you are, Anne, but you could maybe check either
the public library or the local university library. Our library does
do book repair, although I'm not sure if they do it for the public.
It would be worth asking, though.

Joan
Old December 30th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

says...
http://www.rebound-designs.com/catalog/

oooooooooooohhhhhhh .... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh.

--
another anne, add ingers to reply