Knitting for Luekemia and Lymphoma society

Old September 1st 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mrs. Tberry

Default Knitting for Luekemia and Lymphoma society

Some of you may notice I posted this in another knitting forum, I know
some of you may belong to both too, please don't take offense to the
double posting.

I'll start off by letting you all know I have done something crazy -
signed up to compete in a Olympic triathlon. I signed up with the
Luekemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training to compete in the
Gulfman in Galveston in April 2007.

Amazingly I'm more worried about the fundraising than the race, crazy I
know. I need to come up with $3,600 in donations to compete in my
event.

I figured I would try to knit beanies, scarfs, arm bands, things like
that and try to get people to buy them, all procedes going to the
society and my donation goal.

Has anyone tried to do something like this? Any suggestions on what
else I could knit? Between my training for the race and working full
time I'm guessing they would have to be pretty quick projects. Any
suggestions on type of yarn? I have tons of acrylic in my stash, lots
of caron simply soft as well as some various red heart? Would it be in
bad taste to knit with my acrylic yarns? I'm thinking as long as I'm
upfront about the yarn quality no one should be too disappointed, right?

Old September 1st 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On 1 Sep 2006 11:54:13 -0700, Mrs. Tberry spun a fine yarn

[...]

---

Bless you!
My DH is battling Lymphoma. . .
Noreen
in middle TN, USA

OH! Gosh yes, DO knit with acrylics- esp. the Simply soft, it's easy
care.

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0635-4, 09/01/2006
Tested: 9/1/2006 2:43:26 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006