OT- Gas Prices

Old September 7th 05, 08:59 AM
Kate Dicey

Diana Curtis wrote:

If only that was how it went. My mom would try to force us to eat
brussel sprout and they would end up on a ledge under the table.
Diana

EEEW! Luckily, James likes sprouts, and always have. We have a rule
he try it 3 times before you can say you REALLY don't like it! Kids
will grow into most flavours eventually, if you keep offering them and
you also keep eating them.

Rice pudding is on our NO! YEK list. Sprouts and most veggies are on
the YUMMY - MORE PLEASE list! I think we may count as odd...
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 7th 05, 09:37 AM
Sally Swindells

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 08:59:01 +0100, Kate Dicey
wrote:

Diana Curtis wrote:

If only that was how it went. My mom would try to force us to eat
brussel sprout and they would end up on a ledge under the table.
Diana

EEEW! Luckily, James likes sprouts, and always have. We have a rule
he try it 3 times before you can say you REALLY don't like it! Kids
will grow into most flavours eventually, if you keep offering them and
you also keep eating them.

Rice pudding is on our NO! YEK list. Sprouts and most veggies are on
the YUMMY - MORE PLEASE list! I think we may count as odd...

My last rice pud was at school 50 years ago - sit there all afternoon
till the plate is empty! I will never, ever, eat rice pudding again.

However it is one of DS's favourites (with a jammy face). I used to
open a tin and heat it with my face averted. Have never made one from
scratch - I would have had to be in contact with it too long!
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~
Old September 7th 05, 01:26 PM
Diana Curtis

Thats my philosophy, if you try a food and dont like it then it you've
given it a fair shot and neednt eat it again. My dad insisted we eat
things he knew we didnt like. What a waste of good food.
DS was asked to try a new food once. If he didnt care for it he was
free to substitute a healthful alternative, which he had to prepare
himself. He is now the best cook in the family!
I would eat brussel sprouts now, if I were in the hurricane area and
thats what was being served, you betcha and I would be grateful. Up here
I'm still going to give them a pass.
Diana

Old September 7th 05, 02:03 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

How wonderful. I remember my friend was so upset and self-conscious until
her surgery was reversed also. Has he had his gall bladder removed?? One
of the side effects that some folks get after that surgery is a "dumping
syndrome" anytime they eat anything with a high fat content. Sure hope he
comes and visits with you soon. Those grandkids of his need to have a face
to put to his name and memories to be made.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
The bag is gone. The operation was reversed and he now has what everyone
else does. He was never embarassed about the bag - heck I changed it for
him once or twice. He lives about 9 hours drive away with mum. They are
retired, no pets, no young kids no nothing. Apart from the p**py problem
he
is in remarkable health.

quicker)

"SNIGDIBBLY" wrote in message
If he has the colostomy bag maybe he is embarrassed about being around
others. There is no control on the when and where a BM occurs and there

is
an odor that can be embarrassing for the person. If that is the case
diarrehea is pretty usual due to the shortened intestine. Everyone I've
known that has had this procedure have "loose bowels" and that makes the
doctor very happy because they don't have to worry so much about

blockages.
Maybe you could talk frankly with him and tell him you love him and it

will
be okay with you and your family. Also there is quite a procedure every
morning when he has to flush out his bowel and change bags. He may be
concerned/embarrassed about the logistics of traveling and carrying all

the
supplies necessary to take care of this. Just let him know that you love
him and you are okay with all that. It only takes one visit to see that

he
can do it and no one will disown him during the smelly times and then he
will be fine.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Phyllis Nilsson" wrote in message
If they can't seem to change his diet, could someone suggest something

them like the use of Imodium or another drug that would curtail the
diarrhea? Would it be possible to talk to or write his doctor, tell
him
(or her) that your dad has chronic diarrhea and ask him to suggest
medication to stop it since you suspect it has become a dangerous
situation? I know here in the States we can't get information about
our
parents' from the doctors, but I'm sure he would at least listen to
what
you have to say even if he can't give out information. I'm sorry he
has
this problem because I know it causes you worry. I hope things get

better
soon.

Sharon Harper wrote:
Alas Phyllis, if only it were that easy. We've even had the girls
talking
to them on the phone asking when they will come visit and all they get

is
"soon". We figured the last time they'd visited us was over 18 months
ago -
we've been there 4 times in that time. I worry more for dad's health
than
anything.

Old September 7th 05, 02:08 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

The Quick EZ Rice Pudding: Just cook plain white rice until done. Make
your favorite vanilla custard pudding - while still warm combine with the
rice - add cinnamon and raisins and chill. Yummy!! Great for breakfast and
because it has eggs and milk (I use Soy) in the custard it is very healthy.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old September 8th 05, 06:14 AM
melinda

Kate Dicey wrote:
Diana Curtis wrote:

If only that was how it went. My mom would try to force us to eat
brussel sprout and they would end up on a ledge under the table.
Diana

EEEW! Luckily, James likes sprouts, and always have. We have a rule
he try it 3 times before you can say you REALLY don't like it! Kids
will grow into most flavours eventually, if you keep offering them and
you also keep eating them.

Rice pudding is on our NO! YEK list. Sprouts and most veggies are on
the YUMMY - MORE PLEASE list! I think we may count as odd...

Count Joshua on that odd list as well, he LOVES his fruit & vegies but isn't
to keen on ice cream.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old September 8th 05, 12:20 PM
Sharon Harper

Their rare visits are what led to my mother getting named "lady" instead of
granny or nanna. DD1 asked (at about 1) "who's that lady?" (she hadn't seen
her since she was born) and when told it was grandma, she went and asked
"Lady, are you my grandma?". Then it was "Where do you live lady?" andit
studk.stuck. I can't type!

SM prices online? muse9 Quilting 37 January 1st 05 06:32 PM
New Sewing Machines Forsale ! Huge Selection ! Low Prices ! Walmart Marketplace 0 December 29th 04 09:19 PM
[ADVERT] Online guide to gemstone prices Tana Jewelry 0 May 17th 04 01:42 AM
Have diamond prices dropped over the past 2 years? P.Nichols Jewelry 9 October 15th 03 05:45 AM
OT OT People fed up with gas prices being jerked around in Canada Suzanne N. Fernandes Needlework 12 September 1st 03 02:25 PM