First snow, some serious stitching time and

Old November 30th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default First snow, some serious stitching time and

The rest of them are watching football. I've done my trivia and will go back
to my book (Home Ice by Jack Falla, may G*d rest his soul) shortly. I've
made fair progress with a Dimensions kit - Live Simply.

I've had tons of birds at the feeder today as the snow drifts down. Which
makes me think about starting a freebie I just received from Dyan's group of
a chickadee.

Old November 30th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
The rest of them are watching football. I've done my trivia and will go back
to my book (Home Ice by Jack Falla, may G*d rest his soul) shortly. I've
made fair progress with a Dimensions kit - Live Simply.

I've had tons of birds at the feeder today as the snow drifts down. Which
makes me think about starting a freebie I just received from Dyan's group of
a chickadee.

We are getting a mixture of rain and snow coming in from the south
across Lake Ontario. I've got to stop spending so much time on trivia
and get back to stitching, so as soon as I finish this message, I'm
headed downstairs to work on an ornament I have to have finished for
Thursday and our Guild Christmas luncheon.

I did get the tree up and decorated today after church, so at least I
accomplished something today.

Mind you, I also have a nice hot chocolate at hand with just a touch of
Cointreau and dusted with nutmeg.

MargW

Old December 1st 08, 12:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/30/08 4:29 PM, in article , "MargW"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

Marg - but some one needs to catch up with me in Global Challenge. Sadly,
I earned no brains yesterday.

Cheryl

Old December 1st 08, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

Well, I'll definitely try! I only got three brains yesterday. I'll do
my Global Challenge, plus the hourly ones before I got off to work this
morning, and do the second set of GC when I get home. Tomorrow may be a
write-off as I have 20-30 people coming for dinner. (It's a club
meeting, and we always eat first - I'm making it simple - grocery store
lasagna, salad, garlic bread, plus bars and cookies for dessert.)

MargW
Old December 1st 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

MargW- Hide quoted text -

What do you earn a brain for?
Old December 1st 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 12/1/08 9:15 AM, "lewmew" wrote:

wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

For some reason this just struck me funny - as it should go along with "what
do you use a brain for?" While I have no idea - as they don't really seem
to be handed out to those in need - I'm betting it's part of playing Global
Challenge on the web.

But, back to topic - I've decided to take advantage of the job seeking time,
and do some stitching. Yeah. It was miserable cold, icy, rain yesterday -
even the dog didn't want to be out. So I cooked and baked (while DH of
course was at a rink). Today - it's kind of sunny/overcast - and my big
debate is to bring the stitching to the main floor, put it on my floor
stand, and then I only have to go up 1 large flight to do laundry, as
opposed to 2. The other big debate in life - the bread product to bake for
under the Turkey ala King (Donna already said I should do biscuits....as
opposed to a rustic bread.... Or a brioche).

Serious stitching time is needed - as I've finally got the supplies in hand
(much changing involved) to do Baroque (16" square on 18 ct black canvas,
doing in deep amythest/purple, black, and kind of pale amethyst/silver, the
sample I want to have in the framer's in 2-3 weeks or so). Link to see the
original:
http://www.stitches-heart.com/jeanhilton/
All the outer is actually stitched. My black is what is red, the purple
where the teals/green are, and the pale amethyst/silver is in place of the
gold. I'm trying some Ombre in an amaxing graduated color in place of the
Fyrewerks which is the large crescents that kind of form hearts - we'll see.
Teaching this piece in Jan/Feb.

And, I need to finish another quadrant of Twister to teach in 2 weeks.
Don't think a lot of job hunting is happening right now!

Anyhow - seems a good time to enjoy some quiet, and intensively stitch. I
may even actually work on a "fun" piece - maybe finish up one of my Drawn
Thread pieces - which I'd like to finish for Woodlawn this year. Ah, well.

Ellice

Old December 1st 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

lewmew wrote:
wrote:
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

If you are in the top 500 daily scorers in the FunTrivia games we play,
you can earn up to 25 brain (depending on where you are at the end of
the day).

My best has been about 19 brains, but lots of days I don't have enough
points to earn any.

MargW
Old December 2nd 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/1/08 9:15 AM, in article
, "lewmew"
wrote:

wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

Earning lots of points over a day. You earn brains based on how many points
the top scores earn

http://www.funtrivia.com/today.cfm

Old December 2nd 08, 01:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/2/08 7:18 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 12/1/08 9:15 AM, in article
, "lewmew"
wrote:

wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

And I actually earn a whole two yesterday. After the holidays (and work is
over) I might try and earn the endurance badge - most site wide points for
the day.

Cheryl