Husqvarna Sapphire

Old August 28th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Default Husqvarna Sapphire

I just found out that Husqvarna has released a Sapphire 870 in Europe. I
don't know when it will be released here in the States.

It has what it calls "Selective Thread Cutter". I guess that means it's
automatic.

It has the mirror image mode. That's not something I use, but my friend is
going to be disappointed because she wanted it.

It has more stitches.

Hopefully my friend will be able to trade her 850 in.

Unless they made the new one weigh 5 pounds, I'm still not buying it.

Cindy

Old August 29th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
melinda[_2_]

teleflora wrote:
I just found out that Husqvarna has released a Sapphire 870 in Europe. I
don't know when it will be released here in the States.

It has what it calls "Selective Thread Cutter". I guess that means it's
automatic.

It has the mirror image mode. That's not something I use, but my friend is
going to be disappointed because she wanted it.

It has more stitches.

Hopefully my friend will be able to trade her 850 in.

Unless they made the new one weigh 5 pounds, I'm still not buying it.

Cindy

I just checked the H/V site and the 850 does have the mirror function
even the 830 has the mirror function.

I'm trying to decide between the TOL Platinum or one of the Sapphires.
I've yet to try them out as DH is suggesting I wait till I've got an
actual sewing room (ie. after the extensions are finished) before
getting a new machine, unless the current machine dies before then.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old August 29th 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

"melinda" wrote in message
teleflora wrote:

I just checked the H/V site and the 850 does have the mirror function
even the 830 has the mirror function.

Really? I thought the girl told us that it didn't have mirror mode, but she
was pretty new and my friend hasn't said anything so I just assumed she was
right.

I'm trying to decide between the TOL Platinum or one of the Sapphires.

I don't know anything about the Platinum, but I can tell you the Sapphire I
sewed on was sweet. That would be my sewing machine right now if I didn't
have the SE.

Cindy

Old August 29th 07, 05:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
melinda[_2_]

teleflora wrote:

I'm trying to decide between the TOL Platinum or one of the Sapphires.

I don't know anything about the Platinum, but I can tell you the Sapphire I
sewed on was sweet. That would be my sewing machine right now if I didn't
have the SE.

Cindy

Thanks, I've come across a few favourable reviews of the Sapphires
and the harp space is very tempting. Just depends on what DH is
willing to let me spend...

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old August 29th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Just FWIW and IMHO (of course), the mirror image is a very valuable tool.
Several of the stitches that sling over to one side just don't go the right
way for me. For example, when doing a blanket or appliqué stitch, sometimes
you come to a place where you have to pivot on a layered piece. Often, it
is simply more convenient to work with the stitch mirrored instead of on
default. Clear as mud? Polly

Old August 29th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Clear as clear, Polly. The lightbulb just went off.

I thought embroidery was the only time I would ever use that. Must
investigate.

Cindy

Old August 29th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Well just for example, Cindy - yesterday I was appliquéing a bird on a
Baltimore Album sort of block. I had a stitch set up to make 2 straight
stitches forward and then zig over to take the tiniest bite on the appliqué.
I went around the bird's head, tummy and tail feathers just fine. When I
arrived at the wing (which was a separate piece of a lighter color and both
on/off of the main bird body) I needed the stitch to bite to the right
instead of left. Using the mirror image kept me from having to stop, tie
off, turn the entire block (and sewing room) around or any other major
effort. Yes indeed. That's a cool tool. Polly

Old August 29th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Another good use for mirror image stitching would be
for edge stitching. If you want a certain stitch on the
edge of a quilt, it would be a VERY good thing to be
able to swap the image so you can just guide the narrow
edge f the quilt, rather than the entire bulk of the
quilt through the SM. Clear as snow?
PAT

"teleflora" wrote in message

Clear as clear, Polly. The lightbulb just went off.

I thought embroidery was the only time I would ever use that. Must
investigate.

Cindy

[ADVERT] Sapphire | As Gem of the Sky [email protected] Jewelry 0 August 21st 07 05:41 AM
Sapphire Sewing Machine Nan Quilting 12 August 15th 07 03:13 AM
Sapphire Machine Report teleflora Quilting 8 August 14th 07 11:24 AM
sapphire repair wally Jewelry 2 June 5th 04 07:41 PM
Sapphire Value Jon Kirk Jewelry 1 June 29th 03 06:45 PM