Virginia Tech blocks ?

Old August 28th 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Default Virginia Tech blocks ?

How do I get myself into these things. Made a few blocks for comfort quilts
being made for Virginia Tech shooting victims. Now I don't seem to have an
address to send them to and the coordinator must be on vacation or
something -- she's not responding to emails.

Anybody have the address? Or anybody here doing the blocks?

I'm sure going to be careful from now on. I spent time and money making
these along with QOV blocks, then the coordinators get burned out.

Thank you Pat in VA for taking my QOV blocks! I'll continue making those.
And maybe find a way to start a small local QOV group.

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

Old August 28th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Kay,

My quilt guild just finished our Virginia Tech project.
I'll call it a Hug Quilt project, as we made 32, on for
each family of a murdered Hokie. I made one quilt.
Others were made by individuals or by small teams.

I have heard there are other people (not my guild)
making quilts for some of the shooting victims. I don't
know any more than that. I HAVE read that many items
are being received and catalogued, and respectfully
displayed or stored, including some quilts. So unless
the quilt organizer has a SPECIFIC point of contact to
receive and distribute quilts, there is no guarantee
they will end up with victims.

I WILL ask around about possibility of donating your
blocks to people that I know to be reliable. We can be
in touch via email on this. I am posting here in case
other generous quilters had the same question. You are
so kind hearted!
PAT in VA/USA

Old August 29th 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Default Virginia Tech blocks -- my contact responded

My contact finally responded. She had "advertised" her intentions on the
Ricky Tims - Alex Anderson "The Quilt Show" website, so I figured hers would
be a reliable effort. I "bit" because I lived in the killer's town of
Centreville, VA for 18 years and taught in the school district that he also
attended. And some of my former high school students are Virginia Tech
grads now.

Unfortunately, we've all learned from 9*11 and Katrina that there are
rip-off artists out there. Now I'm beginning to see why the local guilds
here support only local efforts. They can get in their cars and drive the
quilts to the local groups.

I think I'll just stick with my QOV block efforts for a while.

Thanks,