Waaay OT but fun news!

Old May 26th 10, 08:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Default Waaay OT but fun news!

I'm a Grandma!

Addison Carlee Erickson was born yesterday, May 25, at 8:55 am. DIL
had quite a bit of trouble during her pregnancy, so they had decided
to induce her a bit early. Good thing....her due date was June 8 but
Addison, two weeks early, weighed in at a hefty 9 lbs, 2 oz. and was
22" long!!! She has lots of dark hair about 1 1/2" long, which she'll
probably lose to become blonde like her mommy & daddy (DD did the same
thing). And chipmunk cheeks...can't forget those chipmunk cheeks!

DIL ended up having a C-section after 12 hrs of unproductive labor and
then, somewhere along the line, they realized the baby was face up, so
they decided on the C-section. They're both fine.

Addison had quite the little conehead when she first came out. lol! I
was amazed at how rapidly it went back to normal, though.

Pictures are in my webshots album if you're interested....
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

This next part will get a bit long so you might want to stop reading
now if you don't want to be bored!

The other part of the story is that my dad (88) is also in the
hospital. He had his knee replaced 2 weeks ago, got sent home a week
later before he was really ready (Mom couldn't help him up when he
fell), went downhill and ended up back in the hospital last Thurs. He
has pneumonia, (which is getting better) and now they discovered a
problem with his epiglottis (the valve that covers the trachea when
swallowing). The upside is that he's walking much better now and
they'll put him in the rehab hospital or elder care until he builds up
his upper body strength and he's *really* ready to go home, which
should have happened the first time around.

So, I've been getting lots of exercise because he is at the far west
end of the hospital and Dani & Addison are at the far east end!

It's always something......

Joan
Old May 27th 10, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On May 26, 3:35�pm, "Joan E." wrote:
[...]

Congrats Grandma!!! Enjoy her. She weights less than
I did by 4 oz. But I was late!!!!

Glad your dad is on the mend.

Nancy
Old May 27th 10, 01:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Joan E." wrote in message
[...]

So Joan, are you Grandma or Nana, or what? I know this spoiled beauty is
going to adore you and she needs to call you something.

I hope your dad's recovery is swift and uneventful.

Lucille

Old May 27th 10, 02:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Trish Brown

Joan E. wrote:
I'm a Grandma!

Addison Carlee Erickson was born yesterday, May 25, at 8:55 am.

snip

Woooohoooo!!! What a gorgeous little girl, Joan! Hasn't she got the
sweetest little baby mouth? Please give Addison a big kiss from Auntie
Trisha and tell her 'Welcome!' from me. ;-D
Old May 27th 10, 11:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bobbieviorritto

Congrats. Grandma!

DDil Irene will have a c-section July 9th due to severe Rheumatoid
Arthritis. She can not bend her knees and so giving birth "au natural"
is impossible for her. She and DSon Erick have a couple of names,but
they aren't telling. They want to see which one "fits" Bug when she
arrives.

So far I am enjoying the two boys during their visit.

Give Addison a Nonnie hug from me.

Bobbie V.
Old May 27th 10, 12:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 5/26/10 3:35 PM, in article
, "Joan E."
wrote:

I'm a Grandma!

Addison Carlee Erickson was born yesterday, May 25, at 8:55 am. DIL

*snip*
Pictures are in my webshots album if you're interested....
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Happy, happy new Grandma day! Congrats, Joan, and glad that all is fine
with your DIL and new little darling. Great name!

This next part will get a bit long so you might want to stop reading
now if you don't want to be bored!

The other part of the story is that my dad (88) is also in the
hospital. He had his knee replaced 2 weeks ago, got sent home a week
later before he was really ready (Mom couldn't help him up when he
fell), went downhill and ended up back in the hospital last Thurs. He
has pneumonia, (which is getting better) and now they discovered a
problem with his epiglottis (the valve that covers the trachea when
swallowing). The upside is that he's walking much better now and
they'll put him in the rehab hospital or elder care until he builds up
his upper body strength and he's *really* ready to go home, which
should have happened the first time around.

Ouch - but glad to hear that your dad is healing now, and will have the time
and place for a good recuperation.

So, I've been getting lots of exercise because he is at the far west
end of the hospital and Dani & Addison are at the far east end!

It's always something......

Joan

So, what a bonus, lots of exercise for Joan, a gorgeous new grandbaby to
visit, and improved, albeit kind of fixing a problem, recuperationi for your
dad. Hope the staff at the hospital is friendly and now used to seeing you,
they should be really, really nice on your Dad's wing! Lots of family time
for you.

Again, congrats!

Ellice

Old May 27th 10, 01:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Hurrah hurrah hurrah!

Give her some love for me.

Cheryl

Old May 27th 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 5/26/2010 3:35 PM, Joan E. wrote:
I'm a Grandma!

Congratulations to all of you! What a wonderful event. You've been
"promoted" from DM to DGM! And I can imagine your mom is overjoyed to be
promoted to DGGM. (I know I hear frequently from my mother that she
wants this promotion. I tell her I have no say in when/whether it happens.)

Hugs for baby Addison and your DF.

As for size, it must be those hearty Scandinavian genes. Mine were all
along similar lines. Uff da!

Sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old June 1st 10, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On May 26, 3:09*pm, wrote:

Go on ! * You're enjoying it all Grandmama !

You bet I am!

Joan