Latest quilt completed - pix

Old September 2nd 10, 01:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

Default Latest quilt completed - pix

I have just finished a Japanese fabric quilt which I have titled
"Kirichigae". Kirichigae means 'changed cut' and is the name of the
block (#39) from the quilt book " Japanese Quilt Blocks, to mix &
match" by Susan Briscoe. There are some lovely block designs in this
book. The block comprises a set of four of the mirrored blocks. A
good stripe fabric is integral to the design.
It was a fun project to sew the 6in sashiko stitched blocks with
designs from above book. Not too daunting for me!
In Japan in May I purchased a stack of 100 4" blocks, so this design
was what I was looking for to incorporate some of them. I also sewed
some onto the back of the quilt. Two squares of fabric in the top
left of the design, were little antique pieces I purchased (quite
expensive at $10 each but worth it). The little mouse printed on the
indigo fabric is darling.
DH said it is instead of an 'elephant stamp' for good work g. The
other one is Row 6, #2.
The quit measures 130 x 160 cm and will be used as a throw on our red
TV lounge setting.

OT: DH and I are off on another travel adventure next week, to the
Arctic - a Hurtigruten expedition cruise from Iceland to Greenland,
Newfoundland, Labrador and finishing in Nova Scotia. Wonder where the
quilt shops areg?
Hugs
Bronnie