test

Old December 21st 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default test

lucretia borgia wrote:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 22:40:40 -0500, anne opined:

says...
Frankly, I put the address labels in the drawer (I always seem short on
those), the cards in the drawer with the rest of them (I like using note
cards for certain correspondence).

Anything that comes without being ordered can be kept, at least that's what I
heard and it's definitely what I do.

I am always hoping returning them will make them take my name off
whichever list they have it on !

I have been known to return them with DECEASED in big letters. That has
helped!

Gillian
Old December 21st 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Default OT gripes and grinches test

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 22:12:32 -0600, Olwyn Mary
wrote:

Here it's against the law, but you can get a permit. We don't live in
a gated community, but sometimes I'm tempted. A little at a time I'm
trying to get my house all staged and maybe when the market looks
better list it. Move closer to Mark's new job in a gated community. I
can't get the NY out of me. Sometimes the bell rings and Mark just
opens the door! I come from a place where home invasions are not out
of the question. Down here in TX it is not that bad and actually we
live in a part of town where we have one of the lowest crime rates in
the nation. Still, I freak out when he just opens the door.
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

It takes all kinds!!!
I would HATE to live in a gated community. DH and I are very happy here
in a very old neighborhood just outside downtown, with sidewalks all
over, a corner grocery two blocks in one direction (and yes, Karen, it
has tiny sizes of everything, and is willing to order anything I ask
for), a Walgreens two blocks in another, the street car just over a
block up the street and the bus line two blocks down. Also lots of
restaurants in strolling distance, the LNS/LYS five blocks away
(walkable except in high summer). We really don't get bothered much by
the various Holy Rollers etc., but it is not difficult to say "No thank
you, we go to our own church". Or to simply not answer the door if we
don't feel like it. I do always look out of the window in the front
door before I open it, but we haven't really had any problems. We LOVE
the neighborhood children coming around at Hallowe'en, we know most of
them, and they all call me "Grandma Olwyn". Also, we seem to be the
block parents. A number of the old houses around here have been
converted into apartments, so there are a lot of young singles. Several
of them have asked me to keep keys to their place in case of emergency,
and if the UPS man comes and no-one is home, he comes straight here and
says "Can you take a package for (John, Mary, Paul, Jane, whoever). If
we know the person, we are happy to help out. On the other side of the
coin, if we need to lift something heavy out of the car there are
several young men around who are happy to assist, so it works well.

I am delighted that so many of my friends prefer to live in the suburbs
- it leaves room around here for me. If everyone wanted to live here it
would be like Manhattan - not affordable for ordinary folk.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.
(1.5 miles from Bourbon Stret, 1.5 miles from the Convention Center,
three blocks from Magazine Street, one block off the Parade route on St.
Charles Avenue.)

New Orleans also has a very high murder/crime rate. We considered
moving there and looked in the Garden District from St. Charles to
Magazine. Everything was damp, moldy and we went looking in the
summer because I wanted to see their harshest weather and it was wet
and HOT. We then crossed the bridge to Metarie and Slidell and
Covington. Not one house didn't have mold and watermarks on the outer
walls.

That was that. The one house we did look at in Slidell which had a
beautiful lay out and bulkhead for our boat is not in existence any
more, so I am very happy we didn't move there.

If you've ever been to Manhattan you would clearly see why it is so
expensive. It's beautiful and magnificent. The only reason I don't
want to live in the city is because I don't want to live in the city.
I inherited an apartment on the very posh West End Avenue at the
corner of 72nd street, two blocks in from Central Park where The
Dakota is. Neither my mom or I was interested in living in that
apartment, so there she sits with someone else in it.

I will most likely never go back to New Orleans. We went every year,
but no more.
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

Sigh--If I was only Lable to live on 72nd and West End. Possibly my very
favorite place on earth.

Old December 21st 08, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Default Not OT gripes

Needlework books and magazines that

- don't give both english and metric units

- assume all readers are based in the author's/publisher's country and don't
list readily available alternative products in readers' area of the globe.

next!!!!

--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old December 21st 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 09:09:49 -0600, Jangchub
opined:

I will spray it after she goes in her cage for the night in her own
room! with her cage covered. It's the only time she's in a cage. In
the morning I wipe it out. I do it so lightly it's hardly enough to
work. I ran the oven autoclean one time and I almost died choking on
the smoke.

OK you are leaving it too long. If I turn my oven on to cook
something and I can smell 'oven' - then when I have finished cooking I
run the auto clean. Mine automatically sets to four hours, but I do
it about three times a year, so I reset it at the time to two hours.

I always do it on Boxing Day lol

I can't burn candles or incense either when she is in the room.
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

I hate those myself, and those blasted pot pourris - they give me a
migraine in top speed. I wonder sometimes if people understand that
when you can smell a perfume, you are actually inhaling chemicals ?
You wouldn't normally set out to do that, so why do it when the
chemicals are disguised as perfumes ?? That Febreeze stuff - all it
does is make two smells, one trying to cover the other. Double ration
of chemicals.

Pot pourri and heavy aroma candles are one of my major gripes. There are
several very nice shops I won't go into because of the overwhelmingly
irritating smell.

Then of course there are the men and women who think that if a little
perfume is nice, a lot is wonderful! I generally think to myself "I wonder
what they're trying to cover up."

Old December 21st 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Dec 21, 9:04*am, "lucille" wrote:
"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message

Jangchub wrote:
Thank Heaven we don't have that. We are in a gated community, privately
owned by the residents. We generally close the gates between 6 and 9
pm..depending on which gate and the time of year.

We are so private I have to eat my own Halloween candy!!!!

Gillian

I live in a gated community too and we have guard at the gate 24/7 who
are instructed not to allow any solicitors in. *When my neighbor's
grandkids rang my bell at Halloween I nearly jumped out of my skin, but
she sent them to me deliberately because she knew I would have chocolate
for them.

Old December 21st 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Dec 21, 10:02*am, lucretia borgia
wrote:
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 09:04:15 -0500, "lucille"
opined:

When you say you would HATE living in a gated community, do you have any
idea what a gated community is? * It's not Alcatraz. *It's simply a place
where there are lots of house, not so much traffic and a gate at the front.

Old December 21st 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message

Jangchub wrote:
[...]

We too have lots of stores within walking distance, or a short drive and
you
may be surprised to know that we have neighbors too.

I know what a gated community is and I know the area that Olwyn Mary
describes. Not the same at all and I'm with Olwyn - I'd rather live
where she does. No criticism of where you live implied, just
different strokes.

Elizabeth

Guess what! I know the area she's in and I agree, I would prefer to live
there. It's charming and certainly more fun then where I now live. Or even
better would be Vic's place on 72nd and West End Ave. in Manhattan.

It was the capitalizing of the word HATE that made me feel as though I was
living in a ghetto.

Old December 21st 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Dec 21, 1:29*pm, Jangchub wrote:

Indeed it is beautiful, but not enough to tear my mother off the
ocean. *Brat she is. *I'm trying to get her down here to care for her
when she gets too old, but that ocean damn it! *Poor us. * *Really,
I am so grateful for every moment on earth. *Don't mean to sound
snooty, anything but.

Brat indeed. You wouldn't be able to tear me off my ocean either. No
way, no how. I'm only leaving this house for one with a better view
and a bigger yard. Otherwise, I die here.

Elizabeth
Old December 21st 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 16:05:26 GMT, lucretia borgia
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 10:54:31 -0500, anne opined:

Needlework books and magazines that

- don't give both english and metric units

- assume all readers are based in the author's/publisher's country and
don't
list readily available alternative products in readers' area of the
globe.

next!!!!

Well lump shoe sizes in that, every country seems to have it's own
size.

Hey, try every shoe manufacturer has a different size. Why some sizes
fit, while the same size of another shoe does not even in the same
size. Add to that I have two different sized feet and we're all
covered.

I don't have many gripes today. It's cold outside, cloudy (yay cus
it's never cloudy in TX and I miss my gloomy days) and it's my
birthday AND a holy day for Tibetan Buddhists in the Gelug tradition.

Nothing better.
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR VICTORIA,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

And many mmooorrrrreeeeee.

Lucille

Old December 21st 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

lucille wrote:

When you say you would HATE living in a gated community, do you have any
idea what a gated community is? It's not Alcatraz. It's simply a
place where there are lots of house, not so much traffic and a gate at
the front. We too have lots of stores within walking distance, or a
short drive and you may be surprised to know that we have neighbors too.

Yes, indeed, I have several friends who live in gated communities, and
it simply is not my choice. I happen to like it that, sitting right on
my own front porch, I can see all sorts and conditions of men and women
walking or driving by. I like it when the doorbell rings and it turns
out to be either a former neighbor who is on tnis side of town and
decided to drop by, or a former colleague who had to move away but is
back in town for a visit. I like it that there are a number of Tulane
or Loyola grad students living in (cramped) apartments on the block, and
they wave at me when they go by. I also like it that there is a so far
ungentrified apartment block nearby, where there are a number of SRO
types, so that if I need casual labor for (for instance) some heavy yard
work there is someone nearby who is happy to do it. I didn't say other
people shouldn't live there, I just said it would not suit me. I will
add that I will not willingly move into a "senior complex" until total
feebleness overtakes me. I like having children and dogs nearby,
paticularly the 12yo next door who is happy to take in our paper and
mail, and water the plants when we are away and his 2yo brother who
gives hugs when he sees us. All I'm saying is that I like it where I am.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

test msg? Patti Beads 3 August 13th 06 11:19 PM
Test frood Quilting 37 August 7th 06 09:21 PM
test! Aud Yarn 4 January 23rd 04 04:11 PM
Test Katherine Yarn 4 December 30th 03 06:22 PM
TEST Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 0 October 6th 03 04:41 PM