Adam and Eve fabric

Old January 26th 08, 01:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly[_2_]

Default Adam and Eve fabric

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if any of you have ever come across a fabric with
pictures of adam and eve on them that could be cut out and perse
embroidered onto fabric. BFG I'm up to mischief...
Yesterday at our little house group meeting of the KKQ's , we started
our new round robin challenge which will be an applique one.
Everyone had to provide the starter of a 30" X 30" approx, background
with a theme set. Then it'll be passed around for the rest to add to
this background. One lady pieced some batik together and started her
theme with some bare tree trunks. She wasn't at the meeting but had
sent her box with her mum. Her note in her box was to 'surprise'
her. Soooo.... our minds started wondering and wandering as to where
on earth we were going to take this one. One thing lead to another.
Anyway there's another two people to get the box before me so I'm just
thinking/preparing ahead....hee hee..
Here's hoping someone will know of somewhere I can get such a fabric
if it exists.
Cheers
Elly
Old January 26th 08, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

If you can't get fabric, Elly, try Google 'Images'. You will get some
usable, traceable pictures I'm sure. I use it for loads of things, when
I need a picture.
..
In message
,
Elly writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 26th 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Just to save you some time- I searched several fabric shops and
quiltshops.com for both "Adam and Eve" and "Garden of Eden" and didn't get
any hits. You might do as Pat on her hill said and try Google images. You
could use it for a tracing for applique or print it out on fabric and cut
out what you wanted to use??? You could also go with a very primitive
figure of each of them. I have a really cool funky primitive candelabra
with Adam and Eve with a serpent twined around their 'privates'. It's
really cool.

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

.

Old January 26th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Leslie, would it be possible to take a picture of A+E, scan it, then print
on fabric. I know this is the long way to get fabric, but a
possibility?????????????
Gen

Old January 26th 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

That's what I suggested to Elly using Google images. If you mean take a pic
of *my* Adam and Eve, I think it's buried some where in our storage locker.
It would take some doing to find it.

Old January 26th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly[_2_]

Thanks Patti, Leslie and Gen, and Polly, this is a great idea, I'll
do that. I tried ages looking for the fabric but with no luck so I
think I will go down this route.

Along the way, of my search, I came across a most fabulously beautiful
quilt that I just had to share with you all, check it out he-
http://www.suzannequilts.com/adam.html

This is very inspirational.
Thanks everyone,
Elly (who'd better get on with the box she has to do instead of
thinking about one 2 ladies off)(But not as interesting..)

Old January 27th 08, 12:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

100% cotton:

http://www.cafepress.com/philosophy_shop.48785671

R/Sandy

On 1/26/08 2:44 PM, in article
, "Elly"

Old January 27th 08, 11:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly[_2_]

Thanks for this one Sandy, it's a very interesting site. :-D
Elly

Old January 27th 08, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly[_2_]

OH MY!!! You should see some of the images that came up for Adam and
Eve,,,,,says she fanning herself

I got some saved for when it gets to my turn. VBG

Elly

Old January 27th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oops!
Sorry, Elly - I should have checked g
Sunday, too! I guess my 'eagle' was less prone to trouble!
..
In message
,
Elly writes