Great Service and REALLY Bad Service

Old December 4th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default Great Service and REALLY Bad Service

Just ordered from Webfabrics and got an email about a
shortfall on the qty I wanted. Replied with instructions of
what I wanted done and got a shipping confirmation within 30
minutes!!

Now that's service! Well done Carly. Happy to recommend,
NAYY

- and in stark contrast with another business who recently
abused me by email and finished up cancelling my order
without telling me! I got a refund but by the time two lots
of currency conversions/bank fees were deducted on the
pay/refund transactions it worked out to be a very expensive
way to find out NOT to do business with them again!!
--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

Old December 4th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

The only really bad one I've encountered has been What on Earth. They
really shouldn't have annoyed me by adding 1/2 pound of junk mail to my
package and then charging major costly shipping charges. Subsequent
catalogs have gone straight to the trash can. @#! Polly

"CATS" wrote Just ordered from Webfabrics and got an email about a

Old December 4th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Hancocks did the same to me when I used to order from them.
A BIG catalogue with every order at overseas shipping
rates - even when I said "Please don't send any more".
After the first 10 or 12 catalogues (all the same edition!)
the novelty wears off.

--

:
[...]
: --
:
: Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
: o o o o o o
: ( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
: Enness Boofhead Donut
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest

Old December 5th 06, 06:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Edward W. Thompson

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 08:11:08 +1100, "CATS" wrote:

Just ordered from Webfabrics and got an email about a
shortfall on the qty I wanted. Replied with instructions of
what I wanted done and got a shipping confirmation within 30
minutes!!

Now that's service! Well done Carly. Happy to recommend,
NAYY

snip

I fully agree with you, Webfabric courtesy, service and prices are
difficult to equal. I order from the UK and can get delivery within 5
or 6 days.
Old December 5th 06, 11:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
recarlos

Maybe we should know about the bad ones too, so we don't get caught.
Ruth Sydney
"

Old December 5th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ceridwen

Don't know the shop. Is this an internet store?

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
http://360.yahoo.com/profile-Pp9n.fI...NCfp9E0UU6hGPI

My father always told me I wouldn't amount to much cuz I procrastinate. I
told him, "Just wait"

"CATS" wrote in message
It was Erica's.

Old December 5th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

http://www.ericas.com/

I ordered some books and patterns and got a receipt for the
order.

6 days later I got an email about some items out of stock,
asking what to do. I responded within a few hours to send
what was available ONLY and cancel the other items. My
instructions were very clear.

As one of the items that was advised as OOS was intended as
a Christmas gift I immediately hunted down another supplier
and ordered there.

7 days after the above I got another email that the order
had shipped complete. I replied immediately (just barely
over an hour later) that I had asked that items advised as
out of stock be cancelled, that I had sourced two of them
elsewhere in the following week, and that I did not want to
now receive duplicates. My email was polite, but I did say
I found the whole chain of events "disappointing" (the word
I used). I did not go into all the details but I was
disappointed because the delay in getting back to me and
filling my order (now two weeks) meant that I was unlikely
to get their goods in time for Christmas gift giving, and I
was now going to get two copies of some items and pay two
shipping charges - expensive to say the least and not my
fault.

There followed an exchange of a couple of emails between me
and the lady processing the order in which she apologised
rather sarcastically for taking her first holiday in two
years, about how she was very busy (implied on more
important things than my order) and claiming my order had
shipped BEFORE they got my instructions (that I had sent
immediately after both the earlier emails to me). "As angry
as you sounded, it would appear you would rather we not ship
at all. Please let me know how you wish to proceed. At
this point your parcel has been retrieved (not at the top of
my list of things to do) and a refund has been made."
(quote including bracketed text is from her email)

Now I figure anyone can have a "bad hair day". But even
ignoring the tone of the emails it was unclear to ma at the
time whether she was refunding the cost of the items I
cancelled or the cancelling the order in total, because at
this stage I had already been billed for the full original
order. So I wrote another email emphasising that I had not
responded to her in anger, and that I hoped she had enjoyed
her holiday. I even stated outright that this should not be
interpreted as either anger or sarcasm, and as she was
clearly snowed under on her return to work it might be
better to put my order aside and deal with it after the
holiday weekend, and that I would not seek any more of the
items I wanted until I heard back from her. I even wished
her a happy holiday weekend in closing.

No response or acknowledgement, just a refund for the total
order on my bank statement a few days later (less two lots
of bank/currency conversion fees of course).

I am still not angry about the chain of events - just a
bit bemused and disappointed. I am sure others here could
report good experiences with this store, and they do have
some very nice stock that I would like to be able to access
(I love Makower fabrics). But there are too many other
online stores that will gladly take my business without the
hassles and delays for me to persevere with this one.

All this was immediately followed by excellent service from
Carly at Webfabrics, who has followed up with a similar fast
and courteous response to another order I placed a few days
later.

With my teaching I order at least once a week, usually more.
Just not from Erica's any more. YMMV
--

"Ceridwen" wrote in message
: Don't know the shop. Is this an internet store?
:
: --
: Carole
: Champlain, NY
:
: http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
: http://360.yahoo.com/profile-Pp9n.fI...NCfp9E0UU6hGPI
:
: My father always told me I wouldn't amount to much cuz I
procrastinate. I
: told him, "Just wait"
:
:
: "CATS" wrote in message
: ...
: It was Erica's.
:
: --
:
: Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
: o o o o o o
: ( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
: Enness Boofhead Donut
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
: catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau
:
:
: "recarlos" wrote in message
: ...
: : Maybe we should know about the bad ones too, so we
don't
: get caught.
: : Ruth Sydney
: : "
: :
: :
:
:
:
:

Old December 6th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

One thing my employer stresses about Customer Service is that there are no
excuses. Either we have fulfilled our end of a transaction or we have not.
It is unacceptable and extremely unprofessional to whine about your need for
time off, how busy the staff is with other problems, the sad fact that folks
are out sick and CS is understaffed at the moment............you get the
picture. Granted, as a medical services provider we will always have some
dissatisfied customers; dissatisfaction stems primarily from ignorance of
insurance contracts and/or modern methods of medical billing (which drive
folks like me nuts--used to be that I got *one* bill, from the hospital,
which included everything from ambulance and doctor to radiology and surgery
charges) and our CS people are very good at explaining all these matters.
My favorite is a gal I will call Kitty. Folks come in raving mad over what
they see as an exorbitant bill, swearing that they will never have another
procedure done at our hospital/urgent care/outpatient surgery center. By
the time they leave, they are exchanging hugs with Kitty; they are now
empowered with a knowledge of their rights as patients, customers and
policyholders, and she has given them constructive suggestions for dealing
with the insurance company.

I said all that to say this: Erica's needs to be aware that the CS person
you dealt with is not doing her job properly or professionally, and that
your timely instructions were completely ignored. No reputable business
wants people on staff who antagonize customers. If the CS person is also
the owner/operator, you would absolutely be justified in never doing
business there again.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo, getting off her soap-box and going to bed

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"Ceridwen" wrote in message
: Don't know the shop. Is this an internet store?
:
: --
: Carole
: Champlain, NY
:
: http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
: http://360.yahoo.com/profile-Pp9n.fI...NCfp9E0UU6hGPI
:
: My father always told me I wouldn't amount to much cuz I
procrastinate. I
: told him, "Just wait"
:
:
: "CATS" wrote in message
: ...
: It was Erica's.
:
: --
:
: Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
: o o o o o o
: ( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
: Enness Boofhead Donut
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
: catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau
:
:
: ...

Old December 6th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ceridwen

Couldn't agree with you more Carolyn. The problems a business has is non of
my business. I ordered and paid for a produce and services, you deal with
it and if you can't provide me with good service because you're too busy,
maybe it's time to do your part in the unemployment rate and hire more
people.

--

http://360.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

"Ceridwen" wrote in message
: Don't know the shop. Is this an internet store?
:
: --
: Carole
: Champlain, NY
:
: http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
: http://360.yahoo.com/profile-Pp9n.fI...NCfp9E0UU6hGPI
:
: My father always told me I wouldn't amount to much cuz I
procrastinate. I
: told him, "Just wait"
:
: