Needle stash???

Old February 18th 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia

Default Needle stash???

Today I sprung (sprang?) for a circular needle organizer; I had hinted I'd
like one for Christmas, but as usual, the hintee didn't take me up on it.
Anyway, now my collection is neatly organized and hanging on the studio
door. I have acquired circulars over the years in every size from 1 to 15
(except 5, 7, and 9), in lengths from 11" to 40", and in a wide variety of
materials. (Mostly I like bamboo best now, but I just popped for some Addi
Turbos, hoping that their slickness would mean I wouldn't have to fight the
yarn so hard when knitting with two strands of worsted wool.)

If anyone wants an 11" aluminum #6, let me know, because I know I'd rather
use dpns than use it.

I suppose I will hold on to the 5 nylon needles (#4 and #6) that I haven't
used since the 1980s; maybe I will come into some yarn that is so slippery
that I need sticky needles to work with it

Georgia
http://georgiamorgan.net

Old February 18th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 18:49:22 -0600, "Georgia"
wrote:

I suppose I will hold on to the 5 nylon needles (#4 and #6) that I haven't
used since the 1980s; maybe I will come into some yarn that is so slippery
that I need sticky needles to work with it

I can vouch that nylon needles are the best thing since sliced bread
if you're working with Jaggerspun Zephyr or any other silk-content
yarn. Aaron sent me one (well, he sent me two, the dear) for a shawl
I made last year and I'm a convert now! It's unfortunate no one is
making nylon needles these days...
Old February 18th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

wrote:

I suppose I will hold on to the 5 nylon needles (#4 and #6) that I haven't
used since the 1980s; maybe I will come into some yarn that is so slippery
that I need sticky needles to work with it

I can vouch that nylon needles are the best thing since sliced bread
if you're working with Jaggerspun Zephyr or any other silk-content
yarn. Aaron sent me one (well, he sent me two, the dear) for a shawl
I made last year and I'm a convert now! It's unfortunate no one is
making nylon needles these days...

I have some and they're wonderful. Maybe they'll come back someday...

sue
Old February 18th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BonnieBlue

I still have my nylon circs from the 80's when I first learned to knit. One
thing that has made me keep them is that I don't see them anymore.

BonnieBlue

Old February 18th 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

BonnieBlue spun a FINE 'yarn':

wrote:

I suppose I will hold on to the 5 nylon needles (#4 and #6)
that I haven't used since the 1980s; maybe I will come into
some yarn that is so slippery that I need sticky needles to
work with it

I can vouch that nylon needles are the best thing since sliced
bread if you're working with Jaggerspun Zephyr or any other
silk-content yarn. Aaron sent me one (well, he sent me two, the
dear) for a shawl I made last year and I'm a convert now! It's
unfortunate no one is making nylon needles these days...

I have some and they're wonderful. Maybe they'll come back
someday...

sue

I've some nylon needles, most gotten in the 60's through 80's and I am
POSITIVE I got some online somewhere since the millenium, and they were
brand new.....
Alas, I don't remember WHERE I found them! Possibly the now defunct
JKLNeedles or maybe Webs?????
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com

Old February 18th 07, 08:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Congrats may you use for MANY creative years ,
Ps bamboe , i had a problem last week , one plastic line had a cut or
something , and i couldn`t pull the threads on one of the bamboe parts
, had to change needles and only way to release the stitches was
cutting the one part off the circular ,,,,
mirjam