searching for vera like fabric

Old January 28th 04, 05:36 PM
im sew clever

Default searching for vera like fabric

I'm am on the hunt for prequilted fabric in hip colors. No torrid
paisleys or mauve flowers but hot pinks and lime greens, reversible is
okay but not necessary. My daughter wants a vera duffle and luggage
ensemble and this mom isn't paying that price for such a simple thing
to sew. thanks
Old January 28th 04, 10:22 PM
mamahays

You might try looking at www.equilter.com and searching for prequilted.
They had several different ones last time I looked. Also you might try
www.fabric.com They had a few a while back. And Hancock's had some
prequilted fabrics too.

If all else fails, pick two fabrics she likes and get some of the fusible
craft fleece. I've done that before and made my own quilted fabric. That
way, the sky is the limit.

Sharon

--
---
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of time and just annoys the
om...

Old January 29th 04, 12:36 AM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

I'm am on the hunt for prequilted fabric in hip colors. .......

In addition to Hancock's (who have reversible prequilted fabric), JoAnns
carries some that is just one sided. Also try Hobby Lobby if you have one in
the area. The H.L. near me has a whole bunch of new reversible prequited
fabrics that are similar to the Vera Bradley stuff. Heck, I have even seen a
bit of it at the local Wally World. CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old January 29th 04, 12:59 PM
QuilterD

Can't help you on fabric - other than what the other posts said, but I was
looking at a large Vera duffle last night that someone had and really liked it.
I also thought this would be so easy to sew.

Do you have a pattern already picked out for this? Haven't looked myself yet,
but would be interested in recommendations from other.

Dianne
in cold, cold Pennsylvania
Old January 29th 04, 01:25 PM
mamahays

"QuilterD" wrote in message
Can't help you on fabric - other than what the other posts said, but I was
looking at a large Vera duffle last night that someone had and really

liked it.
I also thought this would be so easy to sew.

Do you have a pattern already picked out for this? Haven't looked myself

yet,
but would be interested in recommendations from other.

Dianne
in cold, cold Pennsylvania

Butting in here. I have done a couple Vera like purses. I used
McCall's 4118 view A. View C is duffle bag like. Also there is another
McCall's pattern (on the website) 4073. That has "closet & travel"
accessories. I am just sure that there were more bags in the McCall's
pattern book that would work. (I don't think they put them all up on the
website.) I liked 4118 because it was very simple to follow, and it has a
"quilting guide" for if you do want to quilt your own fabrics. I've gotten
a lot of compliments on my purse, and have expanded out from there.

Also, Butterick 3934 looks interesting. Garment bag, duffle, etc. And
Butterick 6236 has several sizes of garment bags and other things.

Here's pictures of what I've done:

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=o3492qh...1&x=0&y=16jld9

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=o3492qh...&x=0&y=-lzff5u

Sharon
--
---

Old January 29th 04, 08:08 PM
QuilterD

Sharon,

Love your bags! Great photos - thanks for sharing the link......and glad you
jumped in with the pattern numbers, etc.

Dianne
Hey - we're up to 18 degrees, here!

Old January 30th 04, 02:59 PM
mamahays

"QuilterD" wrote in message
Sharon,

Love your bags! Great photos - thanks for sharing the link......and glad

you
jumped in with the pattern numbers, etc.

Dianne
Hey - we're up to 18 degrees, here!

You're very welcome.

Break out the shorts and tank tops! You've got us beat by 5*F. lol

Sharon
--
---

Old January 30th 04, 11:30 PM
Trishty

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:59:06 GMT, mamahays wrote:

Break out the shorts and tank tops! You've got us beat by 5*F. lol

Not too bad here, about minus 5 centigrade and too cold to snow. Friends
got stuck in our ice-covered gravel driveway today and we had to tow them
out, and later I nearly ended up in a ditch turning a corner as I slid
sideways across what used to be the road. I think we might stay indoors
tomorrow, which gives me a chance to work on my quilt.

Luckily two more chords of wood just arrived, so we are feeling snug as a
bug.

Trish
Old January 31st 04, 05:49 PM
mamahays

"Trishty" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:59:06 GMT, mamahays wrote:

Break out the shorts and tank tops! You've got us beat by 5*F. lol

Not too bad here, about minus 5 centigrade and too cold to snow. Friends
got stuck in our ice-covered gravel driveway today and we had to tow them
out, and later I nearly ended up in a ditch turning a corner as I slid
sideways across what used to be the road. I think we might stay indoors
tomorrow, which gives me a chance to work on my quilt.

Luckily two more chords of wood just arrived, so we are feeling snug as a
bug.

Trish

Ohmygosh!!!! Trish I hope you're all right. I've slid off the road before,
many moons ago, it was so scary!! I was about 17 and driving a sub-compact.
lol The worst was having to walk 1/2 mile to my friend's house. But her
older brother was great. He pulled on his boots, told me to stay in the
house with his sister and get warm while he started his jeep. He towed
me out and all was fine. But I think that's when the gray hairs started....
lol

It was -10*F this morning. That's just far too cold. Snuggled with the
kids while they watched Saturday morning cartoons. lol

The oddest thing I heard on the news. They reported that AAA (American
Automobile Assoc.) had numerous calls from people stuck in their cars. Now,
not folks who slid off the road and were stuck in a snowbank. No, these
folks were ones who took buckets of hot water out and poured them on their
frozen car doors. Then they got in the car and drove to work or whatever.
During the drive, the water froze the doors shut. So they were calling AAA
on cell phones from inside the car for AAA to come and rescue them from the
car. I'm thinking that's the kind of thing you only do ONCE.

Sharon

--
---

Old February 4th 04, 07:33 PM
im sew clever

Trishty wrote in message ...
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:59:06 GMT, mamahays wrote:

Break out the shorts and tank tops! You've got us beat by 5*F. lol

Not too bad here, about minus 5 centigrade and too cold to snow. Friends
got stuck in our ice-covered gravel driveway today and we had to tow them
out, and later I nearly ended up in a ditch turning a corner as I slid
sideways across what used to be the road. I think we might stay indoors
tomorrow, which gives me a chance to work on my quilt.

Luckily two more chords of wood just arrived, so we are feeling snug as a
bug.

Trish

C'est fini, I broke down and bought a blue yellow red 2 sided fabric
and made McCalls 3136 view G of course I cut out the pattern, redid
the straps, they were 40 yards long and then pitched the directions,
who writes those things anyway? It is SOOO cute, pretty proud of
myself, added a monogram and she has sweetly requested another smaller
version, I will happily oblige, but I'd still like some "hipper"
material, and I don't quilt But i might try....

Pirates o' the South Pacific Swap frood Quilting 27 January 25th 04 12:04 AM
elusive fabric! (long) Debbi Quilting 8 December 18th 03 07:54 PM
Fabrics & free shipping on Quanities joan Marketplace 0 December 6th 03 06:12 PM
FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM