Hand-Made Beaded Jewelry For Sale

Old February 16th 04, 01:11 AM
Elaine

I didn't get angry. I'm fine. I was being equally friendly to you.
Kathy's email and post came across very harsh to my bf and I. It was
like she was threatening me with the "terrorism" Shirley described. It
felt like I walked in and disturbed a whole hive of wasps. I'd rather
just step away from such an unstable situation with my whiskers intact
so to speak. I've found other groups to be involved in now. Perhaps
I'll come back, but probably not. The whole situation is water under
the bridge now. Friends?

Ok, back to friendly talk, Alaska has always sounded wonderful to me.
I'm hoping to go on a cruise there for my honeymoon whenever that may be
(my bf has hinted it may be after college *grin*). I took Tai Kwan Do
for about a year when I was in junior high and have my green belt
(though I can win hands down against high rung red belts even today). I
would probably have my black belt if it wasn't for my vertigo and
asthma.

Speaking of math, where were you when I had to do quadratics? Ugh, I
hated those and no matter how hard I tried it never worked. I'm ok with
normal math and such, but ask me to do something harder than simple trig
and I'm lost. Computers are sooo much easier for me, I even did my
whole site in HTML from scratch and help build the computer I'm using.

Astrology is fascinating, I've found that by delving into it I know
myself more fully than I ever imagined. I value self-knowledge so it's
perfect for me. In case you're curious, I'm a Scorpio, hence why I can
be so emotional based. I can go from sad to angry to happy in less than
a minute depending on the situation. My bf is on the Pisces/Aries cusp
and can be very protective of me. One can learn a great deal about
someone just by their sign. If you're familiar with Eastern astrology
I'm a water dog and my bf's a fire snake. What's your sign? I also
read tarot and runes. Another hobby of mine is learning Romanian (which
is very slow going).

Elaine
Old February 16th 04, 11:49 AM
Artemis

No offense guys.... but you are all still cross-posting. (which is far worse
than one mistake of the original cross-post)

I didn't realize I did it (until I did) in my post, so I know how easy it is
to make the mistake. :-/

Can we take the war back to the bead group and out of the marketing group?
She didn't upset anyone here... and the flame war isn't really needed in
both groups.

I hate people arguing (makes me nervous), if it was up to me I would wave a
wand and it would all be over.

Thanks all, hope you understand my post.

lol no flames please! I haven't gotten back my asbestos underwear from the
cleaners!

ARTEMIS
http://stores.ebay.com/id=1689023&ssPageName=L2
AUCTIONS

Old February 16th 04, 01:49 PM
Kandice Seeber

Name one *newsgroup* that accepted her advertisement and welcomed her with
open arms after she spammed them without reading the group long enough to
discover what was appropriate to post. This I would like to see. Yahoo
groups or any other web based groups do not count. Only Usenet newsgroups.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

It's a shame you've driven her off. She would have been a great
contributor. The point of a worldwide community like Usenet is FREEDOM!
We have enough rules and laws in everyday life. There are other Usenet
forums where she was accepted warmly. Keep your elitist beading cult
here to yourselves.

Maelstrom

I have unsubscribed to rec.crafts.beads do to the continual assault

there.
I have been flamed, insulted, and criticized. I didn't see any of the
"Very co-operative, eager to help" you described. I am saddened that
beaders would stoop to such terrorism. I apologized for my blunder and
explained that I was new and yet they call my apology complaining.

I do not take kindly to insults, I'm a very sensitive person, sometimes
I'll admit, too sensitive. I am very emotional and intense so I tend to
take everything personally for that's how I am. I say what I mean and

mean
what I say and do everything whole-heartedly. I'm quite friendly once

you
get to know me, but before then I'm super shy. If I get a bad reaction

something I stop doing it and in the case of groups, if I feel insulted

and
unwanted, I leave. Just today, I got a flame from Kathy N-V that was so
violent and resentful that I was shocked. My boyfriend insists I should
just ignore it, but any emotion directed towards me is taken to heart.
It's my nature. She may not have meant it personally, but even then my
boyfriend agreed it was totally uncalled for. The fact she treated me

like
that after I honestly apologized hurt. I am sad to say I will not be
visiting rec.crafts.beads again. I am evidently unwelcome there.

As for my knowledge of rocks, well, it's just one of the many topics

that I
know lots about - animals, rocks, plants, beads, the weather, ecology,
fossils, art, writing, drawing, mythology, astrology, astronomy,

painting,
computers, and travel. I didn't learn much of anything in school mainly
because the system here in upstate NY is pathetic, but I have always had

fascination with learning. In 4th grade, I was introduced to rocks and
plants by my slightly bizarre teacher, Mrs. Marsh. I have since

researched
all the topics that interest me to the point it drives my boyfriend

nuts.

I have gone all over the northeastern US, Eastern Canada, Ireland,

Wales,
Scotland, and England to find quality stones for beading and my ever-
growing personal collection (as well as satisfying my lust for travel

and
exploring). From jupiter-marked agate to kyanite, to lab-created bismuth
crystal from Germany to mahogany obsidian straight from Mexico, I

collect
everything that fascinates me. Each piece I have is from high quality
dealers or passionate collectors like myself. Most of my collection is

not
for sale, but the stones that are will be lovingly put into hand-made

bead
and wire jewelry.

My knowledge is not absolute though, I have quite a number of stones

that I
do not know the name of. I do my best to research everything about the
stones I have and will never mislabel a stone. If I don't know it, I

don't
guess. The lazurite I have comes from a shop in Montreal, Canada where

the
owner bought it from a dealer in the Middle East. I do not know if it

was
Afganistan or not, but it may have been. I bought numerous stones from

her
(at a lovely discount due to the size of my order, lol).

I've always considered lurking to be bad, but it seems this newsgroup

thing
is warped. I talk about my beaded stuff on a bead group and I'm flamed,

think lurking is bad and you suggest it. It is quite confusing. I will

Old February 16th 04, 01:53 PM
Kandice Seeber

I agree. Flaming is completely different from what has happened here. What
has happened in this case is a slap on the wrist.
You want flames, take your spamming to a really scary group and see what
happens. Let's see......the alt.fashion group would rip you to shreds. And
I love that group - it's three times more popular (in sheer number of posts)
as this one. And one hell of a lot stricter when it comes to posting.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

You don't seem to understand that she spammed a newsgroup...under your
tutelage. If you are so experienced in ng's then you should have educated
her in what is appropriate and what is not.

It is unfortunate to think that she might have been a great contributor,

but
she set off on the wrong foot, and when it was pointed out, the pouting
started.

No one is perfect, but she straight away blamed the lack of a manual for

how
to use newsgroups, rather than admitting that she should have

lurked...even
for one day...to see how newsgroups operate.

Nowhere has she been flamed on the group. I went back and read every
message in the thread. Nope, not even a spark, never mind a flame.

She was educated in what is appropriate ng behavior, and chose to pout

and
blame.

"Maelstrom" wrote in message
It's a shame you've driven her off. She would have been a great
contributor. The point of a worldwide community like Usenet is FREEDOM!
We have enough rules and laws in everyday life. There are other Usenet
forums where she was accepted warmly. Keep your elitist beading cult
here to yourselves.

Maelstrom

In article ,
says...

Old February 16th 04, 02:30 PM
JL Amerson

Artemis -

Umm, dear, you did it again. I've deleted RCB from this tho. Like you said -
it needs to stay where it belongs. (By the way, I used to have a cat named
Artemis. May she chase mousies in peace.)
--

JoAnn

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will **** on
your computer.
--Bruce Graham

Old February 16th 04, 07:43 PM
Artemis

I did it so they would get it. :-) And hopefully they all read it. - I
didn't want to joing their group just to tell them to stop posting in ours -
Purposely done. :-)

Awwww hugs, the rainbow bridge has another mouser!

ARTEMIS
http://www.xenaholic.com
AUCTIONS

"Artemis" wrote in message
[...]

Manufacturer of Beaded Imitation Jewelry, ready to provide products at your home. For SLP Beads 5 November 2nd 04 03:39 PM
AD: Ongoing classes Jewelry and Metalsmithing - Craft Students League NYC Craft Students League Jewelry 0 February 27th 04 04:25 AM
Beaded Jewelry Up On eBay Elaine Marketplace 0 February 10th 04 11:31 PM
Beaded Jewelry Up On eBay Elaine Beads 0 February 10th 04 04:42 AM
Custom Beaded Jewelry at Affordable Prices Melissa Beads 0 January 7th 04 04:53 PM