GET IT DONE Challenge - latecomers welcome!!

Old March 19th 05, 05:51 AM
Kate G.

Default GET IT DONE Challenge - latecomers welcome!!

I received a few requests from folks who have just joined us in the
newsgroup -- and others who for whatever reason missed the original
posts....

So one more "last call" for folks to join the fun! Challenge yourself to
finish some of those UFO's! Or finally get that one special project out of
your brain and onto your cutting table... and then the sewing machine!

Here are the rules (with a few changes as agreed upon by the group)

The challenge is simple: Identify a project (or projects) that you want to
complete before December 31, 2005. All entered quilts must measure at least
120 inches in perimeter. Done means: pieced, quilted, bound and
LABELED!!! Hopefully -- once completed, you can send me a picture (either
hard copy via snail mail) or a digital image. I have created a Yahoo!
Groups page where we can track each others progress and post pictures of our
finished work!

Here is the deal: Each participant sends me one FQ to start off the pot.
That guarantees us at least 30 FQ's to get us going!

Enter as many projects as you wish BUT... for each one you enter, if you
don't finish, you will owe the "challenge" a FQ. At the end of the year, I
will create a roster of who met the challenge and who fell short. For each
project you entered AND completed, I will enter your name in the FQ POT --
which will be full of the FQ's that those who fail to finish a project and
owe one FQ for each uncompleted project. Then we
will draw a name(or names -- depending on how many we end up with) to
receive the FQ's. A lucky quilter (or 2 or 3) will start receiving
squishies in the mail soon thereafter!!! Projects must be either new or
unfinished -- the one you finished last week does NOT count!

So -- Please send the following information to me via email (grovesfam at
comcast dot net)

1) your complete real name AND your RCTQ nickname
2) your snail mail address

and for each project you wish to enter:

3) Name (just to identify it -- doesn't have to be finished name - Janie's
quilt or Sam's wallhanging)
4) Anticipated Size (lap, twin, king... or 35 x 50 -- just a general idea)
5) Is it a completely new project you've wanted to do but never started...
or a UFO
6) Anything else you wish to share about this project.

I will then add your information to our database. Then as each of you
complete a project and
hopefully either send me a picture or post directly to the Yahoo! Groups
page, I will update the database
so we can motivitate and congratulate each other as the year goes on!

That's it! So send me the details... please ... IN YOUR EMAIL TO ME... put
this in the Subject Line: GET IT DONE IN 2005 -- so I can be sure and not
miss it -- or have it accidentally tossed as spam.

We'll extend the deadline to April 15th -- US Tax Day Deadline!

Thanks... I look forward to seeing what everyone hopes to accomplish this
year! Hopefully we will have LOTS and LOTS of happy dancing! Email me
privately if you have questions!

Kate in Michigan
grovesfam at comcast dot net

Old March 19th 05, 07:12 AM
maryd

I didn't know it was a consensus on the FQ to enter. I don't have an
objection but I think there should be something on the yahoo site and the
members should have been advised before it was posted on RCTQ.

--
Mary aka mardor48 on yahoo
:

Old March 19th 05, 05:38 PM
C & S

"Kate G." wrote in message

Done means: pieced, quilted, bound and LABELED!!!

Labeled!!! Wow you're tough ;)

Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

Old March 19th 05, 10:03 PM
Linda Sweigart

Labeled? Eeeeek! I've never labeled a single quilt I've ever made.

Linda, in Lancaster

"C & S" wrote in message

"Kate G." wrote in message

Done means: pieced, quilted, bound and LABELED!!!

Labeled!!! Wow you're tough ;)

Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

I need a challenge. Lori Greenberg Beads 17 March 26th 05 01:06 AM
UFO Challenge? Karen Johnson Quilting 3 March 10th 05 04:58 AM
Second PCBJ group challenge PoRRo Polymer Clay 0 May 24th 04 01:26 PM
[AD] Too late for the challenge Bacchae Beads 4 April 2nd 04 09:49 PM
Sooz's Challenge idea.... Challenge angela Beads 10 August 17th 03 07:04 AM