Post new pics

Old March 22nd 17, 01:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches

Default Post new pics

Old March 22nd 17, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 3/22/2017 7:21 AM, Violet Stitches wrote:

Hi Violet!

Let me be the first to welcome you to RCTNP!!! You have some really
interesting projects you've done and your work looks beautiful!

I really like the bluebird one and commend you on your good work. Crewel
is probably my least favorite form of needlework to do, but I like how
it looks.

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old March 22nd 17, 06:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 10:38:26 -0500, Joan Erickson
wrote:

On 3/22/2017 7:21 AM, Violet Stitches wrote:

Hi Violet!

Let me be the first to welcome you to RCTNP!!! You have some really
interesting projects you've done and your work looks beautiful!

I really like the bluebird one and commend you on your good work. Crewel
is probably my least favorite form of needlework to do, but I like how
it looks.

One woman's meat - another womans - I LOVED THE CREWEL!! I have
more crewel and needlepoint around my place than anything else. Don't
listen to that Joanie!

They are all very nice, second to crewel I love samplers too
Old March 23rd 17, 01:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

On 3/22/2017 11:38 AM, Joan Erickson wrote:
On 3/22/2017 7:21 AM, Violet Stitches wrote:
Hello everyone...I started an album at RCTN under my name, Violet
Stitches. Here's the link in case you've misplaced it (new people have
to join but it's easy):

Hi Violet!

Let me be the first to welcome you to RCTNP!!! You have some really
interesting projects you've done and your work looks beautiful!

I really like the bluebird one and commend you on your good work. Crewel
is probably my least favorite form of needlework to do, but I like how
it looks.

Loved the crewel as well. Did crewel many years ago and still have
some of the pillows stored in a closet somewhere and a picture I did
for my mom with a cardinal on a pine branch still hangs in the hall.
Once I discovered counted cross-stitch I never looked back.

Nancy
Old March 23rd 17, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches

Thanks ladies! I must agree, the crewel "bluebird of happiness" is the most lovely of all my creations...even if it was a bit laborious to stitch.

I'm of the mind that one should always try new forms of stitching, as you never know what might become your next love. For a long time I was totally sick of cross stitch and wouldn't even look at it, and now I love it again because it's simple and stress free. I tried hardanger once before, but due to bad directions I threw that mess of a bookmark out in a frustrated fury....now thanks to Joan (and instructions via flosstube) I'm ready to give it another go. I've considered giving stumpwork a try too, but for some reason I find that one pretty intimidating.
Old March 23rd 17, 08:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 08:38:10 -0700 (PDT), Violet Stitches
wrote:

Thanks ladies! I must agree, the crewel "bluebird of happiness" is the most lovely of all my creations...even if it was a bit laborious to stitch.

I'm of the mind that one should always try new forms of stitching, as you never know what might become your next love. For a long time I was totally sick of cross stitch and wouldn't even look at it, and now I love it again because it's simple and stress free. I tried hardanger once before, but due to bad directions I threw that mess of a bookmark out in a frustrated fury...now thanks to Joan (and instructions via flosstube) I'm ready to give it another go. I've considered giving stumpwork a try too, but for some reason I find that one pretty intimidating.

Another interesting medium is gold work. Comes expensive but is
difficult and challenging. Several of our Guild went to the UK and
took a course at Hampton Court with the Royal School of Needlework.
They are challenged to have enough qualified stitchers at anytime that
they can produce coronation robes for the new monarch within six
months of the death of the last.

It was a fantastic course and we all loved it. There was a nice pub
nearby for rooms to stay.

http://www.royal-needlework.org.uk/
Old March 23rd 17, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches

Another interesting medium is gold work. Comes expensive but is
difficult and challenging. Several of our Guild went to the UK and
took a course at Hampton Court with the Royal School of Needlework.

I read the blog of a lady who took flies to the UK regularly to take classes at the Royal School of Needlework. Here is entry with the goldwork she did:
http://www.theunbrokenthread.com/blo...work/goldwork/

Her stitching is truly gorgeous and I'd say it's a huge notch above your everyday hobby stitcher. She does a variety of stitching techniques in different mediums, and her blog entries make for some fascinating reading (even if you're only a lowly hobby stitcher like I am).
Old March 24th 17, 01:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

On 3/23/2017 6:16 PM, Violet Stitches wrote:

Another interesting medium is gold work. Comes expensive but is
difficult and challenging. Several of our Guild went to the UK and
took a course at Hampton Court with the Royal School of Needlework.

I read the blog of a lady who took flies to the UK regularly to take classes at the Royal School of Needlework. Here is entry with the goldwork she did:
http://www.theunbrokenthread.com/blo...work/goldwork/

Her stitching is truly gorgeous and I'd say it's a huge notch above your everyday hobby stitcher. She does a variety of stitching techniques in different mediums, and her blog entries make for some fascinating reading (even if you're only a lowly hobby stitcher like I am).

Oh so beautiful but I know I definitely don't have the patience.
The "lead" work on "How Great Thou Art" was enough for me.

Nancy
Old March 25th 17, 12:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rich[_3_]

I like the buttefly pillow. Nice work!

And glad I could help get you more stash.

Rich

(I almost didn't get to see the pics because Yahoo asked me to verify
my account and sent me a verification code... I never got it. So I
had to go back and get signed in again.)

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 05:21:29 -0700 (PDT), Violet Stitches

Old March 28th 17, 11:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 3/22/2017 12:32 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 10:38:26 -0500, Joan Erickson

One woman's meat - another womans - I LOVED THE CREWEL!! I have
more crewel and needlepoint around my place than anything else. Don't
listen to that Joanie!

hrmph!

They are all very nice, second to crewel I love samplers too

Another area where we differ...there are very few samplers that I really
like. They just don't do it for me.

--
Joan

See my pictures he
http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown

safe way to post pics. sewamommy Quilting 10 December 11th 06 06:52 PM
can we post pics Crafty Quilting 5 August 7th 06 06:45 AM
OT post for pics? Tom Heller Yarn 3 January 26th 06 04:22 AM
everyone can use this to post pics [email protected] Jewelry 2 October 5th 04 05:28 AM
Where to post pics Spike Driver Yarn 6 October 23rd 03 10:36 PM