Golliwog Pattern

Old December 20th 03, 08:02 AM
Ophelia

"G.Kelly" wrote in message
Kari , I think you are so right - think of the childrens books most of us
grew up on that are critized today - like snow White and the 7 dwarfts -

red
riding hood etc etc - they were all great books children enjoyed and i

am
sure I never thought my grandmother turned into a wolf and I really never
minded Snow White residing with her severn friends !!! god Bless Gwen

Enid Blyton, a prolific childrens' writer has now been dubbed out of favour.
I cut my reading teeth on the wonderful Blyton stories

Ophelia

Old December 20th 03, 02:48 PM
Katherine

That is why I am grey UNDER the red. A winning combination. g
Katherine

"G.Kelly" wrote in message
UMmmmmm ,Katherine , Well Grey heads shoud have more experience God

Bless
Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

"Katherine" wrote in message

"Cher" wrote \
Black White Blonde Brunette Ginger.... so..what
IS the difference????

Well, redheads are more fun. g
Katherine

Old December 21st 03, 02:20 AM
G.Kelly

Ophelia - all I can say is "total stupidity". My girls have about all Enid
Blyton stories and it sure did not do them any harm. God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old December 21st 03, 02:39 AM
JJMolvik

My favorite line when I've done something dumb is, "Well, I WAS blonde as a
child." Now, dark brown going QUICKLY gray!

JJMolvik

Old December 21st 03, 02:43 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 18:39:37 -0800, JJMolvik wrote:

My favorite line when I've done something dumb is, "Well, I WAS blonde as a
child." Now, dark brown going QUICKLY gray!

JJMolvik

LOL! *mine* is I'm half Polish, what's YOUR excuse?
SNORT!!
Noreen
who just took 44D and is trying to get sleepy....

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 21st 03, 02:44 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 18:39:37 -0800, JJMolvik wrote:

My favorite line when I've done something dumb is, "Well, I WAS blonde as a
child." Now, dark brown going QUICKLY gray!

JJMolvik

OR, I used to say I had blonde roots.......
Now I'm getting greyer and greyer.
Noreen
who is a brunette mixed with that grey....
--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 22nd 03, 03:47 AM
G.Kelly

My excuses ,which many, is always " I never went to school". ( actually I
had correspondence school) and it always works too. God bless gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old December 22nd 03, 05:05 AM
Ranee Mueller

In article , Liz
wrote:

Kari, you reminded me of a time when I visited the family of a young
(black) friend of my daughter. All of her dolls were white. I
thought that was so sad! Nobody else seemed to think it mattered, but
you have confirmed that it does. I know that it is possible to find
dark skinned dolls (not "gollywogs", but the usual baby doll pattern).
It just takes a bit of effort. I would prefer to see all children
with a variety of dolls (different racial types, different ages and
sexes).

I know a Middle Eastern company came up with a Leila doll to reflect
the Middle Eastern features and modesty, also to counter Barbie. I am
now desparately looking for a source for one, as we have a little girl
coming and I'd like her to have a doll that looks more like her. I
remember trying to make my skin look like Barbie when I was little, I
thought I could make the same tan lines as she had.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24
Old December 22nd 03, 05:50 AM
H Schinske

Ranee wrote:

I know a Middle Eastern company came up with a Leila doll to reflect
the Middle Eastern features and modesty, also to counter Barbie.

The Laila doll apparently never made it to the shelves, but you could try for a
Razanne doll, which appears to be available in the US. See
http://www.cnn.com/2003/EDUCATION/10...lim.barbie.ap/

"Laila, the Arab League's answer to Barbie, offered girls of the league's
22-member states a culturally acceptable alternative to Barbie's flashy
lifestyle. But she never made it to store shelves. Sara and Dara were launched
a couple of years ago -- Iran's version of Barbie and her beau, Ken. The two
were offshoots of a children's cartoon in Iran.

But Saadeh said those dolls are more "cultural and don't have mass appeal in
the Middle East."

--Helen