Las Vegas LQS

Old October 6th 04, 05:12 AM
Mika

Default Las Vegas LQS

Hi all you wonderful people. You all have sure been busy in here lately. I
popped in for a few minutes to catch up and wow. No catching up at this
point. I am finally slowing down a bit with all my doctor appointments and
medical tests. Just have physical therapy 3 times a week now. So now maybe I
can get back in here more often.

I did finally get my quilt top finished that I'm donating to the church for
the auction. It hasn't been quilted yet though. I also made a Friendship
Star Baby quilt to donate. One of these days I'm going to get me a new
digital camera so I can post pics of all my quilts. My NASCAR quilt turned
out just wonderful.

I wanted to ask though, if there are any LQS's in Las Vegas that are an
absolute must to visit. DH and I are going to this huge aviation conference
there next week. Hopefully, between picking up his business partner from the
airport and registering for the conference, I will have a few hours Monday
to shop a bit. Sandy I know you are near Vegas, any suggestions? Is there
anyone else in here who lives in the Vegas area? I found a couple of quilt
shops on the internet and got their address. One is Nancy's Quilt Shop and
there was a 20% coupon on the website so I printed it. Then there is The
Christmas Goose and there was a 30% coupon on that website which I printed.
Has anyone been to these two shops? I am really excited as this is my first
trip to Vegas.

Mika

Old October 6th 04, 06:29 AM
Teresa in Colorado

There's a new quilt shop - just opened - called Centennial Quilts - 7950 W.
Tropical Pkwy #130. Their phone # is 658-9728. My friend says to "from
95N, exit Ann; cross over to northwest frontage and go north to Wal-Mart
area."

My friend says it's still new - still waiting for more fabric - a bit on the
country side. She likes it, however - friendly. She likes all the shops.

Have fun!
--
Teresa in Colorado

http://home.comcast.net/~treesaquilts
The Presser Foot
www.thepresserfoot.com
-

news

Old October 6th 04, 01:46 PM
Mika

Thanks Teresa. I have added it to my list. I am looking forward to the trip
and the more quilt shops I get on my list the more excited I get. The only
problem will be convincing hubby that I just really have to visit these
shops when time is so tight. But we'll see how it goes.

Mika

"Teresa in Colorado" wrote in message
There's a new quilt shop - just opened - called Centennial Quilts - 7950

W.
Tropical Pkwy #130. Their phone # is 658-9728. My friend says to "from
95N, exit Ann; cross over to northwest frontage and go north to Wal-Mart
area."

My friend says it's still new - still waiting for more fabric - a bit on

the
country side. She likes it, however - friendly. She likes all the

shops.

Have fun!
--
Teresa in Colorado

http://home.comcast.net/~treesaquilts
The Presser Foot
www.thepresserfoot.com
-

news

Old October 6th 04, 01:56 PM
Mika

What part of the conference will you be there for? Will you have a booth set
up? We should try to meet up sometime. We'll be there for the entire thing.
I have a growing list of shops I can email to you if you want. Just let me
know.

Mika

"Judy" wrote in message
I can't help you with the best LQS's in Las Vegas, but I am interested in
the answers you get as we will be in Las Vegas for part of the aviation
convention too.

I know how excited you must be for your first trip to Las Vegas. I am

sure
you will enjoy your visit there.

Judy in AZ

news

Old October 6th 04, 03:05 PM
Julia in MN

Fabric Boutique is nice. I've been there a couple of times when I was in
Las Vegas.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old October 6th 04, 06:00 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Mika" wrote:

Hi all you wonderful people. You all have sure been busy in here lately. I
popped in for a few minutes to catch up and wow. No catching up at this
point. I am finally slowing down a bit with all my doctor appointments and
medical tests. Just have physical therapy 3 times a week now. So now maybe I
can get back in here more often.

Terrific news, Mika!

[...]

Mika, I have a list I keep, though Centennial Quilts isn't yet on it,
since I hadn't heard of it yet. Here you go:

Fabric Boutique -- rather nice, located at the corner of Charleston and
Decatur. Phone is (702) 878-0068. http://www.fabricboutique.com
Christmas Goose -- one of my favorites, though small. At the corner
of Sahara and Decatur. Phone is (702) 877-1158. These first two are
closest to the Strip. http://www.christmasgoose.com
Fiddlesticks -- another favorite, though further away in Boulder
City. Convenient if you're going to see the Dam. Address: 1229 Arizona
St., Boulder City; phone: (702) 293-2979.
http://www.bouldercitychamber.com/fiddlesticksquilts/
Nancy's Quilt Shop -- one of the nicest LQS, though not very L for
me. Address: 3290 N. Buffalo Dr., Suite 120; phone: (702) 839-2779.
http://www.nancysquiltshop.com
Quiltique -- the newest and closest to my home. *Very* nice! Address:
213 N. Stephanie St., Suite E, Henderson; phone: (702) 563-8600.
http://www.quiltique.com

I wish it weren't going to be Monday that you'll be available for the
shops, since I'll be babysitting my infant DGS that day. :S This
grandmother isn't wild about hauling around all of the paraphernalia a
baby needs!

Since you'll probably be on the Strip, I'd recommend Fabric Boutique and
Christmas Goose; they're the closest. However, if you have extra time,
all of the others are nice, too -- though you might want to call before
going to Fiddlesticks; I think they may be closed on Mondays. And, if
you'd like to come to my house to visit, I'd be delighted to see you!
We're only about 15 minutes from the Strip, here in Henderson. I could
even be persuaded to rustle up some tea and snacks.... If you can do
that, just give me a call, and I'll give you instructions on how to get
here. My phone number is 702 and then 837 and then 4366. (I'm trying to
keep that number from being picked up by bots! g)

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old October 6th 04, 07:55 PM
ally

In article ,
Sandy Foster writes

[...]

And having taken Sandy's personal quilting tour several times I can
confirm they are terrific stores, and she is just lovely too. Hope you
have a great time in LV - wish I was going too (hmm aviation convention
wonder if I can con work into sending me hmmm.......).
:-)
--
ally
website: www.alcom.demon.co.uk
Old October 7th 04, 02:39 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
ally wrote:

In article ,
Sandy Foster writes

[...]

Oh, pshaw, Ally! blushing Thanks! You're lovely, too -- I've
enjoyed seeing you and will really miss you this year in Houston.
Old October 7th 04, 11:29 AM
Judy

We will be attendees not vendors. It will depend on dh's schedule next week
as when we will be there. What booth will you be at? Maybe I can find you
there.

Judy in AZ

"Mika" wrote in message
t...
What part of the conference will you be there for? Will you have a booth

set
up? We should try to meet up sometime. We'll be there for the entire

thing.
I have a growing list of shops I can email to you if you want. Just let me
know.

AD (sort of) - Bead Rennaissance in Las Vegas VManes Beads 0 May 31st 04 09:49 PM
Las Vegas cross stitch stores Lynn K. Fleischbein Needlework 1 March 25th 04 09:52 PM
Las Vegas Stamp store Connie Kendall Rubberstamps 6 February 11th 04 07:36 PM
Beady Las Vegas Deirdre S. Beads 15 September 25th 03 07:23 PM
Las Vegas Area Quilt Shops Teresa in Colorado Quilting 2 August 14th 03 09:38 PM