OT - group trip

Old January 14th 09, 01:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia Beaulieu

Default OT - group trip

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 02:14:39 GMT, Gillian Murray
opined:

Depends what screech you have, some of it is pretty rough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland_Screech

Well, it raises the eyebrows, but it was just sipped! I don't think I
would chug-a-lug it! LOl

They don't import the rum in barrels anymore but back when they did,
at the time my eldest was early 20s, she and my SIL frequently
invested in used barrels along with friends and made screech. It
involved everyone giving a barrel house room because it had to be
turned frequently and then they would party on the results!

Nowadays, well they are older and they buy from the liquor commission
anyway.

The process you described Sheena is called 'swishing a barrel' and the
results was called 'swish'. The first 'swish' had a very high alcohol
content and it fueled many parties! Subsequent swishes could be done but
each was less potent.

These barrels eventually become hard to get. I'm not sure if it was due to
pressure from the Liquor Commission or the Board of Health!

Mavia

Old January 14th 09, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/14/09 12:29 AM, "Dawne Peterson" wrote:

Dr. Brat wrote
Lots of tea.

Cheryl

I hate tea, I can throw up if I smell it.

Another place we agree. I don't drink tea, ever.

Lucille

I need two mugs of tea every morning...one to open each eye! Without it
I don't function well!

Come sit by me, Gill. I'm drinking a big pot of Ceylon Koslanda as I
type.

I got a bag of Tarry Lapsang Souchong for Christmas from DS and DDinlaw. I
think I'll bring that. It is lovely on a miserable cold night like tonight.

Dawne

Ah, the drink of Sherlock Holmes. I've been drinking Stash Chai, or some
lovely Assam that I have. But, I have been craving some Lapsong Souchong.
There's a tea store in the large mall at Tyson's called "Teavana" - and I
get some fabulous stuff there. They have a great Matevana which they blend
with some others. Also, our Wegman's has a tea bar - lots of loose tea sold
by weight (you fill), and they carry many brands of packaged, bags and
loose. So, I must admit to having a lot of tea on hand. The cannisters on
the counter - 3 of them - tea assortment fill.

Ellice

Old January 14th 09, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/14/09 10:32 AM, "lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:59:56 GMT, ellice opined:
Ah, now this is a topic - all the different local equivalents of moonshine -
and how painful are they? Where I lived in France, it was a nut liquar -
drunk post dinner - and I tell you, that would burn you up all ways - and
knock you out. Yum. Don't want to talk about Ricard....

Have amy of you noticed that Absynthe is now making a comeback? Evidently
without the poison problem.

Ellice

Yes I did because if I am going to eat strawberries (not that keen on
them) I like some Pernod sprinkled over them.

Interesting. I only have a limited threshold for strawberries (mild
allergy) so rarely eat them. But, that's an idea.

Ellice

Old January 14th 09, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ericka

ellice wrote:

Ah, the drink of Sherlock Holmes. I've been drinking Stash Chai,

I like their Holiday Chai (especially for long meetings)
and their White Christmas (especially when feeling under the weather).

or some
lovely Assam that I have. But, I have been craving some Lapsong Souchong.
There's a tea store in the large mall at Tyson's called "Teavana" - and I
get some fabulous stuff there.

I love, love, love their Earl Grey Creme for dessert.
If you haven't tried it, let me know and I'll bring you a sample.

They have a great Matevana which they blend
with some others. Also, our Wegman's has a tea bar - lots of loose tea sold
by weight (you fill), and they carry many brands of packaged, bags and
loose. So, I must admit to having a lot of tea on hand. The cannisters on
the counter - 3 of them - tea assortment fill.

I confess to having waaaaay too much tea. Sadly, that
doesn't seem to stop me from buying more.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old January 14th 09, 05:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/14/09 10:17 AM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

[...]

Well, I guess I should send you some Lapsong! actually sounds like a good
choice for coming weather.

Old January 14th 09, 05:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/14/09 11:42 AM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 1/14/09 10:32 AM, "lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:59:56 GMT, ellice opined:
Ah, now this is a topic - all the different local equivalents of moonshine -
and how painful are they? Where I lived in France, it was a nut liquar -
drunk post dinner - and I tell you, that would burn you up all ways - and
knock you out. Yum. Don't want to talk about Ricard....

Have amy of you noticed that Absynthe is now making a comeback? Evidently
without the poison problem.

Ellice

Yes I did because if I am going to eat strawberries (not that keen on
them) I like some Pernod sprinkled over them.

Interesting. I only have a limited threshold for strawberries (mild
allergy) so rarely eat them. But, that's an idea.

Ellice

A place that DH and I used to go, served them with Sambucca and flamed them
at the table. Very nice...

Cheryl

Old January 14th 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/14/09 11:59 AM, "Ericka" wrote:

ellice wrote:

Ah, the drink of Sherlock Holmes. I've been drinking Stash Chai,

I like their Holiday Chai (especially for long meetings)
and their White Christmas (especially when feeling under the weather).

or some
lovely Assam that I have. But, I have been craving some Lapsong Souchong.
There's a tea store in the large mall at Tyson's called "Teavana" - and I
get some fabulous stuff there.

I love, love, love their Earl Grey Creme for dessert.
If you haven't tried it, let me know and I'll bring you a sample.

You're on - besides - we're due for a get together.

They have a great Matevana which they blend
with some others. Also, our Wegman's has a tea bar - lots of loose tea sold
by weight (you fill), and they carry many brands of packaged, bags and
loose. So, I must admit to having a lot of tea on hand. The cannisters on
the counter - 3 of them - tea assortment fill.

I confess to having waaaaay too much tea. Sadly, that
doesn't seem to stop me from buying more.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Of course - but this is not a terrible addiction.

Ellice - who is tired of sending out resumes