different cultures Was Mirjam

Old January 14th 09, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default different cultures Was Mirjam

On 1/13/09 5:58 PM, "Pat P" wrote:

"Joan E." wrote in message
On Jan 13, 8:44 am, "lucille" wrote:

If you add a little malted milk powder as a thickener, it becomes a
malted.
At least that's true in New York.

A shake is ice cream, a little milk and flavor of choice. A malt is
the aforementioned with the addition of malt powder. In the Central
US, anyway.

Joan

Another reason to be glad I`m here - a malt is a very fine whisky! You can
keep your milk version!!! ;-)

Pat

Ah, as in single or double malt. Whiskey here referred to as "single malt"
etc, not just "a malt" or "a malted" - being the milk, ice cream and malt
powder - more delicious, different effect!

Ellice (who actually does savour both malts)

Old January 14th 09, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/13/09 10:29 PM, "Sharon" wrote:

On Jan 13, 6:58*pm, "Pat P" wrote:
"Joan E." wrote in message

On Jan 13, 8:44 am, "lucille" wrote:

If you add a little malted milk powder as a thickener, it becomes a
malted.
At least that's true in New York.

A shake is ice cream, a little milk and flavor of choice. *A malt is
the aforementioned with the addition of malt powder. *In the Central
US, anyway.

Joan

Another reason to be glad I`m here - a malt is a very fine whisky! *You can
keep your milk version!!! ;-)

Pat

Oh, ya imbibing old Brit you - now the truth is coming out. :-))
Altho' here in a bar/restaurant I might ask for a rye and ginger never
a malt and ginger. Also in the U.S. do you make Bloody Caesars? We
were in N.Y. a few years back, had to wait for a connection and
ordered such - they looked at us like we were from Mars. (don't you
think we should take Mirjam's name off this very enchanting
conversation by now?

Sharon (N.B.)

My grandmother on DFs side would drink rye and ginger. What's a Bloody
Caesar? Then there is a Godfather - Amaretto & Whisky (preferably scotch) -
very drinkable.

Ellice

Old January 14th 09, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 1/14/09 8:30 AM, in article ,
"Jangchub" wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:17:24 GMT, lucretia borgia
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 06:13:22 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

What the heck is a Bloody Caesar?

Vodka and tomato juice, sometimes very nice with Clamato juice
instead. I would have thought it a pretty international drink.

American's call that a Bloody Mary.
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

Nope - a clam digger - Bloody Mary's don't have the clam juice but
horseradish

Or a squirt of Tabasco. I've also had it with V-8.

Old January 14th 09, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 06:13:22 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

What the heck is a Bloody Caesar?

Vodka and tomato juice, sometimes very nice with Clamato juice
instead. I would have thought it a pretty international drink.

American's call that a Bloody Mary.
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

Bloody Mary doesn't have clam juice - it's tomato juice with tabasco,
worcestershire, vodka, lemon (or lime) - and a celery swizzle stick. Some
folks make Bloody Mary's with spicy V-8. You can buy spicy tomato juice or
Bloody Mary mix, as well. Virgin Mary - without the vodka.

Ellice

Old January 14th 09, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_2_]

wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 06:13:22 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

What the heck is a Bloody Caesar?

Vodka and tomato juice, sometimes very nice with Clamato juice
instead. I would have thought it a pretty international drink.

American's call that a Bloody Mary.
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

So do we. Maybe a bloody caesar has a dash of testosterone added!

Pat

Old January 14th 09, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_2_]

wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 06:13:22 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

What the heck is a Bloody Caesar?

Vodka and tomato juice, sometimes very nice with Clamato juice
instead. I would have thought it a pretty international drink.

American's call that a Bloody Mary.
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

Nope - a clam digger - Bloody Mary's don't have the clam juice but
horseradish

Sounds revolting. The only mix I`ll accept (or used to) is a Rusty Nail.
(One third drambuie, two thirds whisky.) You don`t need many to speak about
your rich relations!

Pat

Old January 14th 09, 09:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

Pat P wrote:
Sounds revolting. The only mix I`ll accept (or used to) is a Rusty Nail.
(One third drambuie, two thirds whisky.) You don`t need many to speak about
your rich relations!

Pat

They used to serve that when we lived in Brora (Sutherland) but the
locals called it "A Tilt of the Kilt"
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old January 15th 09, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_2_]

wrote in message news
Pat P wrote:
Sounds revolting. The only mix I`ll accept (or used to) is a Rusty Nail.
(One third drambuie, two thirds whisky.) You don`t need many to speak
about your rich relations!

Pat

They used to serve that when we lived in Brora (Sutherland) but the locals
called it "A Tilt of the Kilt"
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
http://claremont.island-blogging.co.uk
"Never ask a man if he is from Yorkshire. If he is he will surely tell
you. If he's not, why embarrass him?"

LOLOL! Drinking that, it might be safer to forego the kilt for trews! It`s
VERY nice though!

Pat

different cultures Was Mirjam [email protected] Needlework 18 January 12th 09 01:37 AM
Mirjam Ophelia Yarn 1 March 28th 07 06:41 AM
Mirjam shan Needlework 108 July 27th 06 04:53 AM
Mirjam Cher Yarn 7 October 21st 03 07:11 PM
To: Mirjam NoraBalcer Yarn 5 September 9th 03 07:50 PM