Baltimore shops

Old August 31st 05, 05:15 PM
JennyWren

Default Baltimore shops

Hello, Everyone. It has been CENTURIES since I last visited RCTN.
Nice to see so manny familiar names.

I will be going to Baltimore next week for a conference and was
wondering about needlework shops in the area. I will be staying at the
Marriott Waterfront and will not have wheels of my own. Any
recommendations of great shops there?

Thanks,
JennyWren

Old August 31st 05, 05:47 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

JennyWren wrote:
I will be going to Baltimore next week for a conference and was
wondering about needlework shops in the area. I will be staying at the
Marriott Waterfront and will not have wheels of my own. Any
recommendations of great shops there?

Hello, Jenny Wren! Nice to see you back!

There are no needlework shops convenient to the downtown area...the two
bigger shops are in the 'burbs. The Stitching Post in Catonsville is a
huge, wonderful shop, but it's about 20 minutes (a guesstimate) from
downtown via car. (Directly out Route 40 to the west). The other one,
Count Your Blessings, is on Philadelphia Road in Rosedale (suburb on
east side), also not easy to reach from downtown without wheels.

If, however, you're a knitter, I've heard of a really good knit shop in
Fell's Point called A Good Yarn (1738 Aliceanna St., 410-327-3884).
Fell's Point is accessible via water taxi (you have to experience the
water taxi! Buy a ticket and you can ride around the harbor all day) and
there are lots of interesting shops there, including Mystery Loves
Company (mystery book store, http://www.mysterylovescompany.com), a tea
room (Petticoat Tea Room, 814 S Broadway,(410)342-7884), and a Ten
Thousand Villages store
(ttp://www.tenthousandvillages.com/home.php)...not to mention about
10,000 bars and pubs, many with live music. [http://www.fellspoint.us/]

Food-wise - you'll probably discover the usual chain places around the
harbor - Hard Rock Cafe, Cheesecake Factory, etc. etc., but wander a few
more blocks over to Little Italy for good food in family-run
restaurants. Sabatino's is a local favorite. This is walkable from the
harbor.

Feel free to drop me an email for more info.

Sue