a peek at new polyclay canes

Old December 10th 04, 03:54 PM
Sjpolyclay

Default a peek at new polyclay canes

Want to see some of the canes I'm doing this week? These are all in a set of
quilt block-ish canes made with pearlized Premo colors, all mixes with either
gold or pearl white to lighten the gradations. These are not yet fully reduced,
I just placed the four blocks and got a pic. This same style is shown on the
barrettes and needlecase sets on my index page, but in the matte premo colors.

http://www.polyclay.com/mpicks.JPG
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old December 10th 04, 04:33 PM
Diana Curtis

Egods and goddesses SJ, those are beautiful. They glow.... like stained
glass... but more etherial. Wow. :-) The one on the lower right is my fave
colorway of the four but they are all scrummy.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old December 10th 04, 04:49 PM
Sjpolyclay

They glow.... like stained
glass... but more etherial.

funny you should say that, Diana--I was lying in bed waiting for sleep last
night, thinking next time I'll put some black sheets between the wedges to make
it more stained-glass-y. The thing I am seeing with this batch is that the
pearlized clays make for a range of medium and dark tones, without the lighter
ones so much; the pearls darken on baking too. So this makes them more subdued
than the matte colors. That, and I need to buy more pearl white, and maybe mix
it half and half with white for some lighter colorways.

Old December 10th 04, 05:53 PM
Sjpolyclay

Oooohh....purty! :-)

thanks Barbara! I've got about 25 canes still to do---I cut all the wedges at
once, then combined, now I'm re-combining and reducing.

Old December 10th 04, 08:09 PM
Beadbimbo

Wow! Pretty!! Yummy colors!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old December 10th 04, 09:46 PM
Kandice Seeber

Oooooooohhhhhh!!!!!!!!! YUUUUUM!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old December 10th 04, 11:04 PM
Marisa Cappetta

Oh, those are beautiful, Sarajane.
--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
www.galleryvittoria.com

Old December 10th 04, 11:05 PM
Marisa Cappetta

funny you should say that, Diana--I was lying in bed waiting for sleep last
night, thinking next time I'll put some black sheets between the wedges to
make
it more stained-glass-y.

I was thinking the same thing.