Recent FOs

Old December 4th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

Default Recent FOs

14 chemo caps divided between two friends of friends who both started
chemo last week. One gal shaved her head yesterday because she'd
rather just be bald and be done with it instead of looking ratty for
weeks or months.

One sweater, viewable here (~1mb file)

http://www.fysh.org/~slinky/pix/kureyon_art_sweater.jpg

I used a bit less than 8 hanks of Noro Kureyon and spent perhaps 15
hours on the knitting - 3.5 stitches to the inch works up fast,
donchano. I finished the sweater Saturday and got it blocked, shopped
for some new tshirts today to wear under the thing, as "just plain
white" and "just plain black" really don't do it justice!

I do have a generic pattern for this sweater, if you're interested in
having it let me know and I'll upload the PDF file.

DH got me an early Christmas gift of a new camera (cheaper and takes
better pix than the one that croaked which was at the time of purchase
a pretty damned good camera!) so I'll be playing catch-up WRT pix of
recent FOs.
Old December 4th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"WoolyGooly" wrote in message

One sweater, viewable here (~1mb file)

http://www.fysh.org/~slinky/pix/kureyon_art_sweater.jpg

Love the sweater! I guess I'm going to have to break down and try some
Noro one of these days. I actually have 2 skeins of Iro in my stash that
were sent to me on an exchange. I guess about the only things I could make
with 2 skeins are hat/scarf/mitts......

Congrats on the camera..... what kind is it? I'm thinking of getting a new
one too, but will wait for the January sales. I'm looking at a Sony - 7.1
mp, 10x optical zoom. It has Carl Zeiss lens.

Shelagh

Old December 4th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

The sweater is just beautiful! Great job.

I'm hoping my DH will get the hint this year and buy me a camera for
Xmas!

Hesira

Old December 4th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 15:13:23 -0600, "Shillelagh" wrote:

Love the sweater!

Thanks
I guess I'm going to have to break down and try some
Noro one of these days. I actually have 2 skeins of Iro in my stash that
were sent to me on an exchange. I guess about the only things I could make
with 2 skeins are hat/scarf/mitts......

You could make yourself some socks. Knit it pretty tightly and plan
to wear them as slippers with some soft leather shoes. I have several
pairs that I put through the washer and dryer (cold, delicate) and
they're great.

Congrats on the camera..... what kind is it?

It's actually pretty cheap as such things go. It's a Panasonic Lumix
(?), 6x zoom, 5.whatever MP. Uses SD chips, so I can schlep photos
out of the camera directly to my handheld or to the 'puter using the
cardreader. I'm not supposed to know what he paid, but since I open
the credit card statements and write the checks I can tell you it goes
for about $180, less when it's on sale. It has a macro function,
decent optical zoom, decent digital zoom, and a "viewfinder" LCD large
enough that I can actually see what I'm trying to photograph instead
of hoping I don't cut off my thumb or something hehehe

Old December 4th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On 4 Dec 2006 14:13:58 -0800, "hesira" wrote:

The sweater is just beautiful! Great job.

Thanks

I'm hoping my DH will get the hint this year and buy me a camera for
Xmas!

Be sure to drop hints about the VERY EXACT camera you want. A friend
of mine left her DH a hint about a laptop - by circling hte
cheapest/lowest-end one in a Dell ad and leaving it on the throne one
morning. And that's the laptop she got *g*

Old December 4th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"WoolyGooly" wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 15:13:23 -0600, "Shillelagh" wrote:

You could make yourself some socks. Knit it pretty tightly and plan
to wear them as slippers with some soft leather shoes. I have several
pairs that I put through the washer and dryer (cold, delicate) and
they're great.

That's a great idea. We have a woodstove here, and sometimes the floors get
cold.... so a pair of big thick sox might be a good thing. ;D

It has a macro function,
decent optical zoom, decent digital zoom, and a "viewfinder" LCD large
enough that I can actually see what I'm trying to photograph instead
of hoping I don't cut off my thumb or something hehehe

Do you actually use the digi zoom? I find all it does is make the picture
blurry - that's why I want a bigger optical zoom. And I'm with you on the
bigger LCD screen. The Sony has a 3" screen (yeah!!). Also, keep your eye
out for the image stabilizer - you want it to be optical, not digital. I
enjoy the little movie clips you can make too. I took some last year when I
was in Atlantic City for Skate America. It brings back some fun memories.

Shelagh

Old December 5th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Beautiful sweater Wooly! Sure, I would be interested in the
pattern. I treated myself to some Teseo wool on an excursion
downtown, it's in shades of blues: perfect for wearing with jeans.
That sweater pattern would work well. What yardage did it take?
Marie and the cats