skinner sisters site forbidden?

Old November 2nd 04, 04:38 PM
Jeanine3

Default skinner sisters site forbidden?

Has anyone tried to get onto www.skinnersisters.com lately? I keep
getting the message: "Forbidden. You don't have permission to access /
on this server."
They must be back from England by now - no?
TIA for any info.
Jeanine in Canada
Old November 2nd 04, 05:51 PM
Shel

"Jeanine3" wrote in message
Has anyone tried to get onto www.skinnersisters.com lately? I keep getting
the message: "Forbidden. You don't have permission to access / on this
server."
They must be back from England by now - no?
TIA for any info.
Jeanine in Canada

I just tried their site out and had the same problem...I put the url in
google and came up with a cached version of it and here is their email
address (don't know if it is valid ) if you would like to try writing them

Shel

Old November 2nd 04, 06:54 PM
Seaspray

I know that recently they said they were closing their online catalog
because they were going to London for a few weeks.
Diane
********************

Old November 2nd 04, 09:45 PM
Poetta

Guess I'm lucky, cuz I didn't have a problem at all. Are you guys
using Netscape or Internet Explorer? IE seems to work better on most
things these days, especially since Netscape was taken over by AOL.

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 16:38:47 GMT, Jeanine3
wrote:

Has anyone tried to get onto www.skinnersisters.com lately? I keep
getting the message: "Forbidden. You don't have permission to access /
on this server."
They must be back from England by now - no?
TIA for any info.
Jeanine in Canada

Jennifer / Poetta

www.LadybugLane.com

Old November 2nd 04, 10:30 PM
Mary Fitzpatrick

wrote:

Has anyone tried to get onto www.skinnersisters.com lately? I keep
getting the message: "Forbidden. You don't have permission to access /
on this server."
They must be back from England by now - no?
TIA for any info.
Jeanine in Canada

Jennifer / Poetta

www.LadybugLane.com

I just clicked on the url and got to the site with no problem. I only
use Netscape v7.2.

Old November 2nd 04, 10:43 PM
Gillian Murray

I tried around noon today, and got the forbidden message. I have just tried
again (5.30), and it is working fine..

Gillian

Florida

Old November 2nd 04, 10:48 PM
Jeanine3

Thanks Shel, I just tried it again (hours after my post this morning)
and it's working fine - leftover Halloween ghosties? Thanks for the
email info though!
:-)
Jeanine in canada

Old November 2nd 04, 10:49 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

I believe this isn't an issue of what browser you are using, but a
temporary set-back (burp) on the server itself. The Skinner sisters'
webmaster may have been fooling around with files, etc. etc.

It's now working just fine. It is unusual, however, to get a message
such as the one displayed earlier today. That could have been a problem
with the host service.

Dianne

Old November 3rd 04, 10:12 AM
Poetta

You're right -- it probably just sneezed!