cordless irons

Old August 21st 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judy[_2_]

Default cordless irons

Do any of you have a cordless iron and like them? I've been thinking of
getting one but not sure about how well they work. would love any comments
about them.

Thanks so much,

Old August 22nd 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Teacherlady

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 18:15:38 -0400, "Judy"
wrote:

Do any of you have a cordless iron and like them? I've been thinking of
getting one but not sure about how well they work. would love any comments
about them.

Thanks so much,

I have one and I hate it, I have to keep putting it on the cradle to
keep it warm, and the cradle shakes... I am always afraid it will tip
over. I don't know the brand name. I bought it from Hancock Fabrisk
2 years ago.
Old August 22nd 08, 09:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Had one for a while, and it didn't stay hot with any reliability. The
one advantage was being able to take it over to the work table for a
quick press, instead of taking a layout to the ironing board. But this
is not really a good thing, because it encourages carelessness with
cutting mats! OTOH, if you really really love fusible batting, you'd
be all set!
Roberta in D

Old August 22nd 08, 11:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I love fusible batting - and you can always use an extension lead!
..
In message , Roberta
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 22nd 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

I've had one, DH uses it for the times he needs to heat transfer a
design to wood. G
One of the places I taught had one in the classroom. Hated it. People
would forget to put it securely back into the base unit to heat up, and
if you were doing a lot of pressing at a time you had/have to stop every
few minutes to reheat the iron.
Several things to think about, and consider how you tend to use the
iron. G

Pati, in Phx

Old August 22nd 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

I do not have one, and the reason for that is my friends who have them
and really hate them!
Old August 22nd 08, 08:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I have the Maytag cordless iron. I won it in a raffle/drawing. I use it
constantly in my sewing room and I like it a lot. It has a nice pointy
"nose" that gets into little places, is hot enough to do what I need it to
do and I can use it without getting tangled in a cord. It took a bit of
training to remember to put it back into the cradle to keep it heated and
since it is an auto shut off, I have to wait a bit for it to reheat on
occasion, but all in all, I like it. Just thought I'd thrown in some
comments from a satisfied customer. Since I didn't have to pay full price,
I probably wouldn't have one if I hadn't won it. But if (well, when) this
one dies....I think I'd probably get another one.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old August 27th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Teacherlady wrote:

I have one and I hate it, I have to keep putting it on the cradle to
keep it warm, and the cradle shakes... I am always afraid it will tip
over. I don't know the brand name. I bought it from Hancock Fabrisk
2 years ago.

DH says that you shouldn't put irons in cradles - you might burn the baby !

Lizzy
Old August 27th 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

LOL!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Lizzy Taylor" wrote in message
Teacherlady wrote:

I have one and I hate it, I have to keep putting it on the cradle to
keep it warm, and the cradle shakes... I am always afraid it will tip
over. I don't know the brand name. I bought it from Hancock Fabrisk
2 years ago.

DH says that you shouldn't put irons in cradles - you might burn the baby
!

Lizzy

Cordless Irons grammykathy Quilting 7 April 20th 07 06:08 AM
Cordless Irons Betty in Wi Quilting 11 September 2nd 06 03:19 PM
COrdless Iron? Melissa in NJ Quilting 9 November 30th 05 05:42 PM
High end cordless drill Walter Botte General Crafting 7 November 4th 04 05:21 PM
Cordless Iron Joan8904 Quilting 1 February 16th 04 10:44 PM