Pix: New Geometrical Quilt from Pat's book

Old June 15th 08, 07:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Pix: New Geometrical Quilt from Pat's book

I've been busy this week making a cushion cover using another of Pat's
(on her hill) wonderful patterns from her book, Geometrical Quilts.
This one is the Von Koch Snowflake. It was a challenge and fun to
make. Decided to use colours from orange to rust to red from my
stash.
See pix at: http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...55460043bJgPfg

Also, three of my quilting buddies are making the Logarithmic Spiral
and I have seen them still being completed. They are all so different
and stunning. Can't wait for them to be finished and post pix for you
to see.

Thank you Pat!

Hugs
Bronnie
Old June 15th 08, 09:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
melinda[_2_]

wrote:
I've been busy this week making a cushion cover using another of Pat's
(on her hill) wonderful patterns from her book, Geometrical Quilts.
This one is the Von Koch Snowflake. It was a challenge and fun to
make. Decided to use colours from orange to rust to red from my
stash.
See pix at:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...55460043bJgPfg

Also, three of my quilting buddies are making the Logarithmic Spiral
and I have seen them still being completed. They are all so different
and stunning. Can't wait for them to be finished and post pix for you
to see.

Thank you Pat!

Hugs
Bronnie

WOW that is stunning!

I wish I had the time and energy to do some quilting, DS has
recovered fine I'm currently battling throat infection, possible
sinus infection- or at least a bad head cold, and the last two
days I've been doing eye drops for conguctivitus.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old June 15th 08, 11:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oh Bronnie, that's beautiful - stunning colours! Thank you so much.
And fancy your friends doing one, too. How exciting. I'll look forward
to seeing them. This all means so much to me - to see the different
ways they look with other colour schemes; and to think that people like
the designs enough to go to the trouble of making them.

I know how tricky those curved pieces are, so I must congratulate you on
their flatness! (Not that I'm looking in a judging sort of way, at all
- it just jumps out!)

Thanks again Bronnie.
..
In message
,
writes
I've been busy this week making a cushion cover using another of Pat's
(on her hill) wonderful patterns from her book, Geometrical Quilts.
This one is the Von Koch Snowflake. It was a challenge and fun to
make. Decided to use colours from orange to rust to red from my
stash.
See pix at:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...55460043bJgPfg

Also, three of my quilting buddies are making the Logarithmic Spiral
and I have seen them still being completed. They are all so different
and stunning. Can't wait for them to be finished and post pix for you
to see.

Thank you Pat!

Hugs
Bronnie

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 15th 08, 12:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Patti, our Bronnie is really something; she does you proud. That just takes
my breath away. You used the right word, the colors are stunning. Awed.
Polly

"Patti" wrote Oh Bronnie, that's beautiful - stunning colours! Thank you
so much.
And fancy your friends doing one, too. How exciting. I'll look forward
to seeing them. This all means so much to me - to see the different ways
they look with other colour schemes; and to think that people like the
designs enough to go to the trouble of making them.

I know how tricky those curved pieces are, so I must congratulate you on
their flatness! (Not that I'm looking in a judging sort of way, at all -
it just jumps out!)

Thanks again Bronnie.
.
In message
,
writes

Old June 15th 08, 01:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

[snip]
WOW that is stunning!

I wish I had the time and energy to do some quilting, DS has
recovered fine I'm currently battling throat infection, possible
sinus infection- or at least a bad head cold, and the last two
days I've been doing eye drops for conguctivitus.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

So sorry to hear you are poorly -- I've just got over a throat
infection myself which turned into laryngitus, but no head cold. Hope
you feel better quickly, nothing worse.
Thanks for your comment on the snowflake too.
Bron
Old June 15th 08, 01:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On 15 Jun, 20:57, Patti wrote:
Oh Bronnie, that's beautiful - stunning colours! Thank you so much.
And fancy your friends doing one, too. How exciting. I'll look forward
to seeing them. This all means so much to me - to see the different
ways they look with other colour schemes; and to think that people like
the designs enough to go to the trouble of making them.

I know how tricky those curved pieces are, so I must congratulate you on
their flatness! (Not that I'm looking in a judging sort of way, at all
- it just jumps out!)

Thanks again Bronnie.
.

Glad you like it too Pat!
I actually hand pieced the curved sections as I figured that would be
best for the size; and machined the remainder. It all went together
quite easily in the end.
Bronnie
Old June 15th 08, 01:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On 15 Jun, 21:19, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Patti, our Bronnie is really something; she does you proud. That just takes
my breath away. You used the right word, the colors are stunning. Awed.
Polly

[snip]
Thanks Polly for those kind words! You're a sweetie.
Bronnie
Old June 15th 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Default New Geometrical Quilt from Pat's book

Wow, that's pretty, and I don't even like orange! Looks great in that chair
as a cushion.
Roberta in D

Old June 15th 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Jun 15, 2:35*am, wrote:
I've been busy this week making a cushion cover using another of Pat's
(on her hill) wonderful patterns from her book, Geometrical Quilts.
This one is the Von Koch Snowflake. *It was a challenge and fun to
make. *Decided to use colours from orange to rust to red from my
stash.
See pix at: *http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...55460043bJgPfg

Also, three of my quilting buddies are making the Logarithmic Spiral
and I have seen them still being completed. They are all so different
and stunning. Can't wait for them to be finished and post pix for you
to see.

Thank you Pat!

Hugs
Bronnie

That is a real eye catcher. Stunning color choices. Very good job of
quilting also.

John
Old June 15th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Wow Bronnie! That is great. You and Pat make a great team.
I enjoyed peaking around you Spain trip. I love that you post
food pictures ; ) More than a couple of the photos of Spain
remind me of areas here in So. Cal.
Taria

wrote:
I've been busy this week making a cushion cover using another of Pat's
(on her hill) wonderful patterns from her book, Geometrical Quilts.
This one is the Von Koch Snowflake. It was a challenge and fun to
make. Decided to use colours from orange to rust to red from my
stash.
See pix at:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...55460043bJgPfg

Also, three of my quilting buddies are making the Logarithmic Spiral
and I have seen them still being completed. They are all so different
and stunning. Can't wait for them to be finished and post pix for you
to see.

Thank you Pat!

Hugs
Bronnie

Finished Pat's Geometric Pattern - pix Bronnie Quilting 12 March 20th 08 08:24 AM
Logarithmic Spiral Quilt finished from Pat's book - pix Bronnie Quilting 3 March 19th 08 08:13 PM
a geometrical quilt done Roberta Zollner Quilting 43 January 22nd 08 03:04 PM
Pat's Stitch and Turn KittyG Quilting 4 July 12th 04 03:37 PM
Pat's Pup... was Banned from the Garden!--very long Pat Porter Needlework 1 July 25th 03 10:00 PM