looking for kiln

Old April 14th 05, 08:53 PM
annemarie

"Lee In Mashiko, Japan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Get a grip Russell!

Sonya said nothing insulting or disrespectful.

Nah Russel had it right. I DO feel insulted when Americans assume that they
are the only country in the world. I mean it really irritates the hell out
of me. Usually I ignore it, or I am more polite, but sorry Sonya you copped
it for quite a few people, and yeah I knew you would read it.

OK we are all citizens of the World and we should remember that and we
should stay polite, so sorry Sonya, go Russell )

Annemarie in New Zealand

Old April 15th 05, 08:21 AM
Lee In Mashiko, Japan

Get a grip Annmarie. Don't let your prejudices
against Americans control you.
Your criticism has no validity related to Sonya's request.
She didn't ask anyone to send her a kiln, she only asked for
advice on where to look. Even my daughter in Onga Onga could help
here out with this. ;^)

Read again:

Sonya Ledet Apr 13, 4:31 am wrote:

I am looking for a used kiln. I have tried News Ads and here. Any

Ideas on
where to look?

Sonya,
The best places I have had luck in finding used equipment
is at bulletin boards at ceramic supply shops and clay centers or
cooperatives.

Good luck!

--
Lee in Mashiko, Japan http://mashiko.org
http://hankos.blogspot.com/ Visual Bookmarks

"We can make our minds
so like still water
that beings gather about us
that they may see,...
....their own images, and so live for a moment with a clearer,
perhaps even with a fiercer life
because of our quiet." -- W. B. Yeats

Old April 15th 05, 12:06 PM
griz

"Lee In Mashiko, Japan" wrote:

Get a grip Annmarie. Don't let your prejudices
against Americans control you.
Your criticism has no validity related to Sonya's request.
She didn't ask anyone to send her a kiln, she only asked for
advice on where to look. Even my daughter in Onga Onga could help
here out with this. ;^)

Yes, I'm with you on this, chill everybody.

I'm not american, when I first posted on a newsgroup I did exactly the
same, asked a question and forgot to say where I lived, nobody felt
offended, just very helpful.
I was the one feeling stupid for not having mentioned it in the original
post.

Old April 15th 05, 09:25 PM
annemarie

"Lee In Mashiko, Japan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Get a grip Annmarie. Don't let your prejudices
against Americans control you.
Your criticism has no validity related to Sonya's request.
She didn't ask anyone to send her a kiln, she only asked for
advice on where to look. Even my daughter in Onga Onga could help
here out with this. ;^)

Read again:

Sonya Ledet Apr 13, 4:31 am wrote:

I am looking for a used kiln. I have tried News Ads and here. Any

Ideas on
where to look?

Sonya,

I did apologise to Sonya, unfortunately she copped it for all the people who
had done it before. It does still irritate a bit and yes I have to admit I
am a bit prejudice against American (we are the only people) attitude and
American politics, but not individuals and it was unfair being mean to
Sonya, though I would ask that people remember that this group is world
wide. I think my record on this ng for being usually helpful and tolerant
should forgive my few sins. )
Talking about international ) Lee are you really in Japan and your
daughter in Onga Onga. I know Onga well. I grew up in Central Hawkes Bay
in Omakere and we had more land at Wakarara, mean anything to you? My
brother is still in Omakere and my mother now lives in Waipawa.
It truely is a small world.

Old April 16th 05, 02:03 AM
Lee In Mashiko, Japan

Thanks for the apology to Sonya! I know Kiwis to be very loveable
people. :^)

Most of the world has problems with the current political
situation in America, including myself. We need to encourage our
American friends to change things. Lotsa people there want change
too. Of the eligible voters last election, only 26.5% voted for Bush.
That means 73.5% did not vote for him!

I am reading a great book about how the world got into the
situation it is now. It is by Jared Diamond and is titled "Guns,
Germs and Steel." You can read more about it he
http://www.wwnorton.com/catalog/spring99/gunsgerms.htm

Yes, I am in Japan. Go look at some photos:
http://potters.blogspot.com/

Actually, my daughter and grand daughter are in a Auckland now, but
we send packages to them at the Onga Onga general store, where their
New Zealand Grandmother gets their mail. After studying art in
college, my New Zealand daughter and grand daughter have been changing
addresses more frequently than I can keep up with. :^)

Old April 16th 05, 03:32 AM
annemarie

Love the quote )

The book looks interesting, I will look out for it. My husband would be
interested too. Loved the site I have saved it to look at when I have time
to spare. Beautiful pottery. My IT son is meant to be making a website of
my work, one day. Its like the plumber with the dripping tap.

Old April 16th 05, 05:53 AM

most of us in USA hate the BushWackerCrap going on. i'm not sorry to
post that anywhere, even on a pottery site.

truly alot of people voted for him that are really wondering why they
followed their "religious leaders" (?) and also why we're still in
Iraq. stunningly a lot of people somehow thought we'd be *done* in
iraq by now. how? non-thinking people are still allowed to vote...

so how frequently does anyone invade & take over & leave? i'm not
strong on a lot of world history but 2 years would be pretty short a
time to invade, wait, and leave.

by the way - i stand for annemarie's comments even though i'm one of
those USA people who frequently think we're the only ones in the world
with internet access...

see ya

steve

Old April 17th 05, 01:42 AM
annemarie

wrote in message
oups.com...
most of us in USA hate the BushWackerCrap going on. i'm not sorry to
post that anywhere, even on a pottery site.

truly alot of people voted for him that are really wondering why they
followed their "religious leaders" (?) and also why we're still in
Iraq. stunningly a lot of people somehow thought we'd be *done* in
iraq by now. how? non-thinking people are still allowed to vote...

so how frequently does anyone invade & take over & leave? i'm not
strong on a lot of world history but 2 years would be pretty short a
time to invade, wait, and leave.

by the way - i stand for annemarie's comments even though i'm one of
those USA people who frequently think we're the only ones in the world
with internet access...

see ya

steve

Oh I do get irritated, but it was not nice taking it out on Sonya.
Talking to Chris this morning, she is so looking forward to her trip and
meeting you. )
Cheers
Annemarie

Old April 17th 05, 05:36 PM

chris will be my 1st visit with new zealander! it'll be fun to meet
her after talking pottery all these years. we'll certainly get into
the mud.

i have about 40 days of stuff to show her of the area in only 4 days...
she'll be jet lagged when she leaves here...

she'll pick up a few local slang terms, "fur sur".

~ too bad steve mills didn't announce HIS visit! he slept about 2
miles aways from several potters!

see ya

steve

Old April 17th 05, 10:14 PM
annemarie

wrote in message
oups.com...
chris will be my 1st visit with new zealander! it'll be fun to meet
her after talking pottery all these years. we'll certainly get into
the mud.

i have about 40 days of stuff to show her of the area in only 4 days...
she'll be jet lagged when she leaves here...

she'll pick up a few local slang terms, "fur sur".

~ too bad steve mills didn't announce HIS visit! he slept about 2
miles aways from several potters!

see ya

steve

Chris and I a definately waiting for the day that you and your wife visit
NZ. I think here in NZ we hear and see a lot of US culture and accent
because of so much US TV. Its interesting there was a local programme on
last night and it had clips from back in the 70's interviewing people. The
hair and clothes are a scream, but the voices were much more englishy.
NZ'ers accents are getting more american these days.