Hello All..

Old October 22nd 05, 12:11 PM
Kate Dicey

Default Hello All..

Cheryl D wrote:

Hi my name is Cheryl. My MIL posts to this group and said I should join
in. I believe she posts as MaryD, but I'm not sure. Anyways, I am new to
quilting and loving it so far. As for my experience in quilting I don't
have much. So far I have made a few sandwiched blankets, and a few easy
pieced blankets that she was making for the survivors of the hurricane.
I did make some placemats that were a bit more difficult than just a big
block of fabric. I have since made a couple of quilts, mostly just large
blocks pieced together. I just finished a quilt top with the Starflower
pattern. It was fun. I already have a few projects in mind I want to make.

Hello and welcome to oe of the best groups on the net! My very first
quilt was a Friendship stars quilt... I didn't know bias cut bits were
supposed to be difficult! I'm a long-time dress and costume maker and
had just finished a gown with a circular satin skirt, so little bits of
cotton seemed easy! However, there more to matching points that they
tell you in the books!

As for a little about me.... I have been married to my wonderful
husband for just over 5 years now. We have one son, who is 4 and another
one due to be born in just about two weeks. We are hoping Grandma Mary
gets home in time!! I'm also hoping I don't deliver on my birthday
witch is the 31st of this month.

Yay! Baby pix needed when the cherub arrives! I stuck at one -
chickened out on age grounds!

We just moved back to Oregon from Colorado. Lordy do I miss Denver, but
its good to be home too! My family lives here in the Willamette Valley
also. I guess the saying is true... "There's no place like home"

That would be Scotland for me... Right now I'm quite happily perched on
the top of the North Downs in Kent, half way between London and Dover.

Hope to get to know you all very soon.

You will! Now, you DMIL forgot to tell you... We need to know your QI
status (how many furry assistants, and of what varieties), and your
chocolate politics!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 22nd 05, 01:10 PM
Tina

Welcome aboard Cheryl! And yes, MaryD is so wonderful so we are just
sure you will be too! :-)

Hugs and looking forward to getting to know you,
Tina, in Houston

Old October 22nd 05, 01:31 PM
frood

Hi, Cheryl! Welcome to the group!

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

"Cheryl D" me@grammas wrote in message
[...]

Cheryl

Old October 22nd 05, 02:30 PM
Queen of Squishies

Welcome, Cheryl D!! I am a friend of you MIL, and she has been keeping be
up to date about the new baby. Hope she gets back in time for yours too!
: ) Welcome to RCTQ!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 22nd 05, 03:04 PM
Patti S

Hi Cheryl
Welcome! Brace yourself for lots of chat, lots of sharing, and the best
part is the vast amount of knowledge in this group. All are more than
willing to share experience, ideas, opinions and even fabric!
Willamette Valley is a beautiful place. I lived in NE Oregon for a very
little while, and I think the entire state is just amazing. And.....
it's always good to be "home" isn't it??

Patti in Seattle

"forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has
crushed it"
**mark twain**

Old October 22nd 05, 03:57 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Cheryl D" me@grammas wrote:

[...]

Welcome Cheryl! Yes, we know MaryD quite well. G As for your
experience in quilting, we've all been beginners at first, and many of
our quilts are "just large blocks pieced together", so you're in the
right place.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 22nd 05, 04:01 PM
nana2b

Hi Cheryl, Did you use the "witch" on purpose as a pun? If not, I am not picking on your spelling (which). Hugs and a safe delivery and last but not least Welcome!!! Linda in Tx
Old October 22nd 05, 05:57 PM
Cheryl D

Mary is in the process of making one. I have made a couple but not sure if I want to keep them or give them to the next grandbaby due after mine.

Cheryl

"Patti" wrote in message ...
Welcome Cheryl. How lovely to be following in your mother's footsteps,
so to speak.
Hope all goes well with the new baby. Have you made him his own quilt
yet? Or has our Mary done that for you g