Man, what stash!

Old March 15th 04, 06:24 AM
Rhiannon

Default Man, what stash!

This person found a great sale and *overbought*?!? This isn't
overbuying; this is some kind of compulsive shopping behavior. I think
I've been behind this person in line at the checkout counter at one of
those stores where they ring up each skein individually. The mind boggles.

If the seller is on here, please tell me how much the shopping bags
weighed to haul all this home and how long it took to get through checkout.

--
Brenda
"Sometimes I'd sit and gaze for days through sleepless dreams all alone

Old March 15th 04, 06:36 AM
Roberta

How annoying is it when you're buying for a large project and they insist on
ringing them up individually?! I hate that! I just bought floss for a big
project: 60 skeins...all rung up individually! I felt sorry for the person
in line behind me...I even apologized for taking 15 minutes to check out!

Roberta

Old March 15th 04, 07:51 AM
lula

Seems all the big stores do that for inventory purposes. Drives one
crazy when buying any item in quantity having to have each item rung
separately......so far glad I've never been on line behind anyone buying
a big load of floss or items that need to be rung up individually but
I'm "guilty" of long waits.......
Did this recently when I bought 64 fat quarters at JoAnn's Superstore on
sale at a $1.00 each.
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

Old March 15th 04, 12:41 PM
Little Black Bird

"Rhiannon" wrote in message

This person found a great sale and *overbought*?!? This isn't
overbuying; this is some kind of compulsive shopping behavior. I think
I've been behind this person in line at the checkout counter at one of
those stores where they ring up each skein individually. The mind

boggles.

If the seller is on here, please tell me how much the shopping bags
weighed to haul all this home and how long it took to get through

checkout.

The Michael's near me just had a sale on DMC -- five skeins for a dollar.
Doing the math in my head, I could have bought 2550 skeins for $510 -- so if
you're bidding on this auction, I wouldn't go much over that.

I myself don't use ebay, but that kind of auction really makes me tempted.

Rachel

Old March 15th 04, 02:11 PM
crewelwoman

Rhiannon wrote:

This person found a great sale and *overbought*?!? This isn't
overbuying; this is some kind of compulsive shopping behavior. I think
I've been behind this person in line at the checkout counter at one of
those stores where they ring up each skein individually. The mind boggles.

If the seller is on here, please tell me how much the shopping bags
weighed to haul all this home and how long it took to get through checkout.

--
Brenda
"Sometimes I'd sit and gaze for days through sleepless dreams all alone
and trapped in time." Tommy Shaw

The major thing against bidding on something like this is the thought of
having to sort it all!

cw

Old March 15th 04, 02:54 PM
Julie

Roberta wrote:

How annoying is it when you're buying for a large project and they

insist on
ringing them up individually?! I hate that! I just bought floss for a

big
project: 60 skeins...all rung up individually! I felt sorry for the

person
in line behind me...I even apologized for taking 15 minutes to check

out!

Roberta

Call me stash enabling, but if you had the complete line of floss then you
wouldn't have to stand in line in the store buying so much ;-) .... except
to flesh out the colors you needed for which your inventory was too low and
you needed more ...... You have to stand in line once, in a major way, but
once you do it, then you are set ;-) ........ Julie

Old March 15th 04, 03:53 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Roberta wrote:

How annoying is it when you're buying for a large project and they

insist on
ringing them up individually?! I hate that! I just bought floss for a

big
project: 60 skeins...all rung up individually! I felt sorry for the

person
in line behind me...I even apologized for taking 15 minutes to check

out!

Roberta

Call me stash enabling, but if you had the complete line of floss then you
wouldn't have to stand in line in the store buying so much ;-) .... except
to flesh out the colors you needed for which your inventory was too low and
you needed more ...... You have to stand in line once, in a major way, but
once you do it, then you are set ;-) ........ Julie

But only for so long, depending on how fast you stitch!
Cheryl

Old March 15th 04, 04:04 PM
Rhiannon

That really depends on what projects you do. I have an ancient UFO
which is a Care Bears character afghan stitched with all six strands. I
estimated it would take 20 skeins of some colors just for that project
so having one on hand wouldn't help much. Oddly enough, that is the
only project on which I used loop starts since I figured that would be
more durable and less lumpy.

Old March 15th 04, 04:37 PM
Linda Wright

By the time I checked, they were up to almost 19 cents a skein - with
shipping, this is becoming less of a bargain . . .

Stash for Sale Suzanne Marketplace 0 March 1st 04 05:23 AM
The Stash Can Jacqueline Cahoon Needlework 1 February 16th 04 01:21 AM
Cleaning and organizing the stash closet Bungadora Needlework 10 December 3rd 03 04:42 PM
CA Fires/Love in Stitches Stash Replacement/Grandma-to-Be Coleen Needlework 6 November 3rd 03 04:05 AM
Palm and stash stuff Val Mathison Needlework 4 September 22nd 03 04:32 PM