Question about "thread"

Old October 11th 07, 07:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Bacchae

Default Question about "thread"

My favourite local bead store closed down. : (

I used to get this stretchy stuff that looked like dental floss from them
that is great for making stretchy bracelets with. Can anyone tell me the
name of it so I can call and ask the other LBSs if they have it or look for
an on-line source?

Thanks!

- Sandy
www.preciouslittlethings.ca

Old October 11th 07, 11:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Stretch Magic?

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old October 11th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

On Oct 11, 3:57 am, "Beadbimbo" wrote:
Stretch Magic?

--
Jerriwww.beadbimbo.com"Bacchae" wrote in message

My favourite local bead store closed down. : (

I used to get this stretchy stuff that looked like dental floss from them
that is great for making stretchy bracelets with. Can anyone tell me the
name of it so I can call and ask the other LBSs if they have it or look
for an on-line source?

Thanks!

- Sandy
www.preciouslittlethings.ca

Hi Sandy - Hi, it's Kim at Rubber Nation Stamps Beads Crafts - Yes,
it's stretch magic, or elasticity, or other super strength stretchy
cord - we stock 3 sizes: .5mm, .75mm and 1mm thicknesses - they can be
found here on our website

http://www.rubbernation.com/servlet/...ord/Categories

or simply by typing the word stretchy in the search box at the top
left of our site.

Hope this is helpful - yes, we ship to Canada if that's where your
shipping address is.

Take care and happy creating to you!
Sincerely
Kim N at http://www.RubberNation.com
Rubber Nation Stamps Beads Crafts
1600 crafty items online, all the time!

Old October 12th 07, 09:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Bacchae

"Beadbimbo" wrote in message ...

Stretch Magic?

Thanks! I'll go take a look at it on-line.

Old October 12th 07, 09:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Bacchae

"Beadbimbo" wrote in message...

Stretch Magic?

Upon looking at this on-line, I don't think it is Stretch Magic. Stretch
Magic is monofilament, from what I can tell. I have some of this and it
does make fine bracelets but it isn't what I was thinking of. The stuff I
used to get is multi-filament and is a lot like stretchy dental floss. It
is flat and more pliable.

Thanks, though. I appreciate it.

- Sandy

Old October 12th 07, 10:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Bacchae

"Bacchae" wrote in message ...

I used to get this stretchy stuff that looked like dental floss from them
that is great for making stretchy bracelets with. Can anyone tell me the
name of it so I can call and ask the other LBSs if they have it or look
for an on-line source?

I found it!

It is called Gossamer Floss. If you haven't used this stuff before you
should try it, it is awesome!

I'm going to try other LBSs first and then look for on-line sources.

Thanks for your help!

Old October 15th 07, 08:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

On Oct 10, 10:00 pm, "Bacchae" wrote:
My favourite local bead store closed down. : (

I used to get this stretchy stuff that looked like dental floss from them
that is great for making stretchy bracelets with. Can anyone tell me the
name of it so I can call and ask the other LBSs if they have it or look for
an on-line source?

Thanks!

- Sandywww.preciouslittlethings.ca

From your description, it sounds like Opelon. Check out the threads

section of my stores website http://www.pristinesbeads.com on
page 2. I have a picture of it. While I am not specifically targeting
you guys for sales, I will answer if I think I can help.

Yes Christina, I do more than just own a bead store, I also bead,
which I consider to be a substantial detail in my life.

Through my Doctoral personal I write and research on Suicide
(primarily Adolescent Suicide) and Other Social Rebalancers. My
current manuscript is at Corwin Press Sage, and is in the Peer review
stage. Its working title is Adolescent Transitional Suicide:
Strategies for Coping, Surviving and Thriving Over Time, and hopefully
it should be on the market in fairly early 2008.

I have taught for the University system since 1976, and for the first
time this July, I managed to be without a UAF affiliated assignment!
I am strongly toying with not going back, although my work on
Adolescent Suicide should be a course, and I may end up teaching it.
But for now, I am enjoying the potentially brief retirement.

I am currently doing my traditional talk to myself, walk in circles
and stare at the ceiling over the beginning of my next academic
effort. It is on Change, (Which may change -- slightly *grin*) Social
reform, balance, logic and other nearly-related topics. -- Yes, I have
worked for the university for years, but I prefer to write privately.

With all due respect, my spouse use to think I was strange for
beading, now he encourages it as beading keeps me substantially less-
strange, which I refer to as balance.

As landlords we have been especially busy for the last 45 days
cleaning, repairing, and re-renting 5 of our rentals, ranging from
2bedroom apartments, full houses, and warehouse units. Currently I am
tired of scrubbing, carpet laying, shampooing, painting, wiring,
sheetrocking, taping, and mudding. "I want to bead!"

But, I have recently moved my personal office from the house area to
the "old beadstore" area of the building, and my world is never in
balance when my desk is not-in-proper-operational-order, so finishing
up my new office setup is an absolute priority. Then I will be able to
bead in comfort.

Well, this is a little bit more about me, if it was more than you
wanted to know, sorry for the ear-bending.

Joan