Ojos de Dios book

Old May 26th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Stella Fenley

Default Ojos de Dios book

http://www.buttonspecialties.com/pdf...rket%20Bag.pdf
"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote
in message ...
willi wrote:

I hadn't even heard of the craft that you brought up initially...so
I've learned something. If I had such a book I would gladly lend it
to you. If you could find out the name of a book you are interested
in, perhaps that would help.

And you're going to send it to Malaysia?

I don't know if willi would, but if I had some extra money to buy the book
(if I knew which book), I would send it as a gift to Timothy. It doesn't
hurt to help our fellow beings when we can, and it makes me feel good
inside when I can manage to help someone else. I do understand how some
people took his request as asking for a handout, but it is possible that
he genuinely meant to *borrow* the book and would return it when he has
learned his craft well enough to do it without the book in front of him.
I have met other people online who seem like they are asking, or even
sometimes come across like they are demanding something.. when in fact it
comes across that way simply because Englsih is their second language and
it is difficult for them to get their point across in a way that we who
speak English fluently would understand.

Yes, it is true that there are patterns for these Ojos de Dios (I wasn't
sure what that was until I went searching and discovered that it is also
known as Eye of God, which I had heard of before but never tried. I may
decide to make one of the simpler ones sometime this summer now that I
have the pattern in front of me.), but when I went searching there are
more pictures than actual patterns for anything different from the
diamond-shaped ones that he already knows how to do. I did see the
pattern for an eight-sided (?) one that someone else posted the url for,
but that's it... so more searching on the internet isn't going to find any
more patterns on larger scales, unfortunately.

I have also seen requests for knitting/crocheting patterns here on rcty,
that when I have gone searching google I have come up with a *lot* of
patterns for. Sometimes it isn't because the person requesting is too
lazy to search... sometimes they just feel lost on search engines... it is
a rather big place and can become a bit overwhelming sometimes.

I just finished searching for a free pattern for a knitted/crocheted
(preferrably crocheted) Stow-Away Shopping Bag, but to no avail... and I
thought that would be a really easy pattern to find online. I am
(modestly) pretty good at finding things on search engines, but that one
has me stumped... so I understand how trying to find something that is
well hidden from the public is frustrating.

In any case, I do hope Timothy finds what he is looking for.

*hugs*
Gemini

Old May 26th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shirley Shone

In message , Not Likely
writes
willi wrote:

[...]

Is this bag any good.

http://www.crochetme.com/reduction-tote-bag

Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old May 27th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On May 26, 12:55 pm, "Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking
wrote:
"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
et...

willi wrote:

[...]

Gem, I know that I have seen patterns for that on-line -
both knit and crochet. If I find one, I'll post the link here.

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 27th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Here's the pattern for the 12 sided ojo from the same site VP
suggested. I found it by clicking his links:

http://ojos-de-dios.com/ojodirections12sided_b.html

From what I can see on this guy's site, once you go beyond the

traditional 4-sided ojo, you can increase the number of arms as you
see fit, and develop your own patterns. I think his site has a wealth
of information just from the illustrations.

Hesira

Old May 27th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Not Likely wrote:

I don't know if willi would, but if I had some extra money to buy the
book (if I knew which book), I would send it as a gift to Timothy. It
doesn't hurt to help our fellow beings when we can, and it makes me feel
good inside when I can manage to help someone else.

I take it you have never been burned doing so? I have, and therefore I am
more cautious about total strangers who ask for handouts (especially when
they do it more than once) and tend to take my previously-stated, "teach
them to fish, maybe give them a little bit of bait to get them off to a
good start so they know what they need, but don't give them any fish"
approach to people who ask for help.

I was burned once... and that was by someone who I had thought of as a
friend. She *claimed* to have been abused by her husband, and that he had
taken her children away from her to give to a foster family... and that she
didn't even have any pictures of her baby. I felt really sorry for her and
convinced my parents into allowing her to stay with us so she would be safe.
A few days into it though she was out messing around with *five* guys all at
the same time... if she *had* been abused by her husband, I wonder why.
Her own mother told me that everything she had told me was a bold-faced lie,
and that she was only using me and my parents. That took the straw and *I*
kicked her out, not my parents. I have never spoken to her again.

*hugs*
Gemini

Old May 27th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Hi Stella,

Thank you for posting this url. This looks very much like the bag my Mom
had when it was opened up. I don't see the pocket to tuck it inside itself,
but I guess I can figure out some way of doing it. Thanks again! )

*hugs*
Gemini

http://www.canadianliving.com/Canadi...37375&idSM=307

Old May 27th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Oooh, pretty! I like this one. Thank you for sharing! )

*hugs*
Gemini

"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
In message , Not Likely
writes

Old May 27th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Thank you Katherine, I look forward to it. )

*hugs*
Gemini

ps.com...

Old May 27th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Neat! Thank you for posting this! )

*hugs*
Gemini

"hesira" wrote in message
oups.com...
Here's the pattern for the 12 sided ojo from the same site VP
suggested. I found it by clicking his links:

http://ojos-de-dios.com/ojodirections12sided_b.html

From what I can see on this guy's site, once you go beyond the