?

Old May 23rd 07, 11:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default ?

What is you preference for yarn winders. I am thing about purchasing one.

Please give me some ideas.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old May 23rd 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On Wed, 23 May 2007 05:24:59 -0500, Spike Driver
wrote:

What is you preference for yarn winders. I am thing about purchasing one.

Please give me some ideas.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Strauch/Fricke is fab. I have an original Fricke, it makes big balls
with no problem.

KnitKing and/or Royal offers a monster ballwinder as well, but the new
models are cheaply made. If you can find a "vintage" one used snatch
it up, otherwise get a Fricke.
Old May 24th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aaron Lewis

Dennis,
Are you going to wind up skeins or wind off cones?

Or, did I miss that you have taken up spinning?

Aaron

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Spike Driver spun a FINE 'yarn':

What is you preference for yarn winders. I am thing about purchasing
one.

Please give me some ideas.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Spike Driver/Dennis. . .
I have one, am considering getting another that will make bigger
'balls'....
JM2C,
Hugs,
Noreen
waving to Gail, and Don says Hi!

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com

Old May 25th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

YarnWright wrote:
Spike Driver spun a FINE 'yarn':

What is you preference for yarn winders. I am thing about purchasing one.

Please give me some ideas.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Spike Driver/Dennis. . .
I have one, am considering getting another that will make bigger 'balls'....
JM2C,
Hugs,
Noreen
waving to Gail, and Don says Hi!

What kind are you going to purchase Noreen?
Dennis
Old May 25th 07, 04:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Aaron Lewis wrote:
[...]

Just skeins Aaron. We have many used sweaters in the shops here, very
cold winters. Would like to invest in one.

Still working on the sheaths but going slow. I need to set a fixed
amount of time to work on the and stick to it. I have to many things in
the fire with Gail's health declining so fast.

Thanks Aaron,
Dennis
Old May 25th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

wrote:

What is you preference for yarn winders. I am thing about purchasing one.

Please give me some ideas.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Strauch/Fricke is fab. I have an original Fricke, it makes big balls
with no problem.

KnitKing and/or Royal offers a monster ballwinder as well, but the new
models are cheaply made. If you can find a "vintage" one used snatch
it up, otherwise get a Fricke.

Thanks, Wooly!!!

I looked up the Fricke and really like it.

Many HUGS,
Dennis