Introduction

Old July 30th 08, 08:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Robert Seitz

Default Introduction

Howdy,

I've just completed my first series of designs. I'm self-taught,
started
with a pocketknife and carving wax, and have piece by piece built my
workshop in my off-hours.

I think my designs are pretty special (who doesn't), and thus far most
boutiques have said my work is 'too different' which I take as a
compliment. I don't have any capital which would give me
stock or fees for shows. How to begin? How do I get my foot in the
door?

Any feedback on my designs, or this request would be much appreciated.

Also, I am looking for:

+Anyone in the Los Angeles area that needs a part-time apprentice.
+Any guilds or associations in the are where I can interact with other
jewelers.

Regards, Robert

Whsl.: http://www.robertseitz.info
Retail: http://www.rdotell.etsy.com
Old August 1st 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
helen

On Jul 30, 8:17*am, Robert Seitz wrote:
[...]

Hi Robert,

I'm also a fellow self taught beginner (been making for 12 months) who
is new on Etsy. You have a good range of things for sale, whereas I
don't have enough. Don't take this the wrong way, but some of your
designs are a bit strange and "out there" - but that's not necessarily
a bad thing. Looking at your store, you've got people who have marked
you as a favourite so there's obviously a market for your designs.
One observation that may help is that some of your designs could be
cleaned up better than they are. Your anchor charm is really neat and
the others (in my opinion) would look better if they were as neatly
finished. This comes from someone who is constantly trying to improve
my own finishing and sometimes failing miserably. ;-)

I too am always open to criticism - it helps us to improve.

Helen
http://www.hillsgems.co.uk
http://www.helensgems.etsy.com

Introduction [email protected] Quilting 11 October 13th 06 03:00 AM
Introduction GrammyKathy Quilting 16 September 10th 06 04:32 PM
Introduction MoM Sewing 4 July 22nd 06 01:43 PM
Introduction Lori Yarn 29 April 24th 06 09:05 AM
Introduction Christine in Kent, Garden of England Yarn 5 June 10th 04 08:57 PM