Jewelry Artist Magazine

Old July 9th 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
helen

Default Jewelry Artist Magazine

Hi folks,

I'm not sure how many people subscribe to this news group or if there
are any UK folks in the group, but if there are, does anyone else in
the UK subscribe to Jewelry Artist magazine? If so, do you have
issues constantly going missing in the post or is it just me?

I paid for a two year subscription near the end of 2007 and eventually
I received my first copy of the magazine (January 2008 issue). It
arrived in a brown envelope. I then received my February issue in due
course - this time in a transparent cover, but the piece of paper with
my address on was obscuring the fact that it was a jewellery
magazine. My March issue arrived, also in a transparent cover but
this time the front cover of the magazine, clearly titled "Jewelry
Artist" was in full view. I was surprised it hadn't gone missing.

Nothing arrived in the next couple of months so I contacted the
publishing company. They apologised and sent replacement copies of
April and May - in a brown envelope so the contents were anonymous and
arrived safely. They assured me that I should receive my June issue
in due course. Guess what? It NEVER arrived - nor has the July
issue. I have emailed them about this and am waiting for a reply.
I'm sure they will ensure replacements and my grievance is not with
the folks at Jewelry Artist magazine.

My magazines are clearly being filched by some postal worker somewhere
along the lines, who fancies the look of the attractive jewellery
magazines and it is NOT the fault of the publishing company - I'm not
blaming them at all. My query has to do with me wondering whether the
fact that they are sending them in transparent polythene covers is the
reason for them going missing, because the contents are clearly
visible. Does anyone else in the UK have this same problem? When
they're sent in a brown paper envelope, they arrive without problem.

Any enlightenment on this would be much appreciated. I'm getting
quite frustrated by the whole experience. I look forward to receiving
my magazines each month, reading the articles and generally looking at
the eye candy others have made and then get frankly upset when they
don't appear - especially when the good folks on the Orchid forum
mention such and such in the latest issue, etc, etc, and I'm not in a
position to appreciate it. Sorry, I'm having a rant. Someone shut me
up! ;-)

Helen Hill
UK
http://www.hillsgems.co.uk
http://www.helensgems.etsy.com

Old July 31st 08, 07:39 AM
Lakers Lakers is offline
Member

I have been waiting for about 5 days now but the shipping times are 10-19 days. As soon as I get them I will let you know. I have not seen you on that forum for a long time now and I was wondering where you are? How did it go with the collection that you got? Here is the link to the beads again http://www.liangdianup.com/beadscrafts_1.htm and here is the link to the Swarovski beads http://www.liangdianup.com/inventory/900020.htm if those links don't work then you can goto www.lducompany.com and click on the beads picture, that should take you right there. I hope you see this message and get back to me cause I miss talking to you

AD: $1.25 Gem & Jewelry Magazine Sale! Vibrant Jewels Marketplace 0 November 18th 07 05:21 PM
looking for scans of Wire Artist Jeweller magazine Jessa Beads 1 June 8th 06 09:59 PM
Art Jewelry Magazine starlia Beads 18 September 15th 04 01:12 PM
Jewelry artist needs advice on relocting to USA Jeanne Rhodes Moen Jewelry 0 June 12th 04 05:23 PM
Fab German glass and jewelry artist Marisa Cappetta Beads 4 April 18th 04 08:32 AM