May finished objects

Old June 4th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia

Default May finished objects

Finished two items for Warm Woolies (www.warmwoolies.org ) an infant hat
with vertical striping to prove to myself I could knit one color in each
hand, and a wool vest with alpaca stripe. Also The Most Brightly Colored
Socks I've Ever Knit (at the very bottom of the page with the other
socks...)

Georgia
--
http://georgiamorgan.net/html/knitting.htm
http://georgiamorgan.net

Old June 4th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy[_2_]

On Jun 3, 7:12 pm, "Georgia" wrote:
Finished two items for Warm Woolies (www.warmwoolies.org) an infant hat
with vertical striping to prove to myself I could knit one color in each
hand, and a wool vest with alpaca stripe. Also The Most Brightly Colored
Socks I've Ever Knit (at the very bottom of the page with the other
socks...)

Georgia
--http://georgiamorgan.net/html/knitting.htmhttp://georgiamorgan.net

What a gallery of work! WOW! I'm so impressed! I myself have never
tried knitting with 2 hands like the hat---where did you find that
pattern?

Wonderful stuff!!!!!!!
Wendy

Old June 4th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia

The basic pattern for the hat comes from Warm Woolies--I'm afraid I knitted
that one on smaller-than-regulation needles, so it is definitely an infant
hat. The color pattern I just made up as I went along--a bunch of rows of
the same number of red and blue stitches alternating--I forget what the
numbers were. There are great instructions for two-handed knitting in the
April 27, 2007 entry at http://techknitting.blogspot.com/ -- I really should
read this blog more often--it's great.

Georgia

"myswendy" wrote in message
ps.com...

Old June 4th 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Georgia wrote:
The basic pattern for the hat comes from Warm Woolies--I'm afraid I knitted
that one on smaller-than-regulation needles, so it is definitely an infant
hat. The color pattern I just made up as I went along--a bunch of rows of
the same number of red and blue stitches alternating--I forget what the
numbers were. There are great instructions for two-handed knitting in the
April 27, 2007 entry at http://techknitting.blogspot.com/ -- I really should
read this blog more often--it's great.

Georgia

"myswendy" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Jun 3, 7:12 pm, "Georgia" wrote:
Finished two items for Warm Woolies (www.warmwoolies.org) an infant hat
with vertical striping to prove to myself I could knit one color in each
hand, and a wool vest with alpaca stripe. Also The Most Brightly Colored
Socks I've Ever Knit (at the very bottom of the page with the other
socks...)

Georgia
--http://georgiamorgan.net/html/knitting.htmhttp://georgiamorgan.net

What a gallery of work! WOW! I'm so impressed! I myself have never
tried knitting with 2 hands like the hat---where did you find that
pattern?

Wonderful stuff!!!!!!!
Wendy

Georgia,
What a great sight!!
Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old June 4th 07, 10:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Georgia wrote:
Finished two items for Warm Woolies (www.warmwoolies.org ) an infant hat
with vertical striping to prove to myself I could knit one color in each
hand, and a wool vest with alpaca stripe. Also The Most Brightly Colored
Socks I've Ever Knit (at the very bottom of the page with the other
socks...)

Georgia

Well done - I love those socks! :-)
Old June 4th 07, 01:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia

I'm getting used to them. I expect the next pair will be pretty colorful
too, because there's a lot of leftover yarn that will go into them. Mixing
self striping yars is even more fun than just knitting them.

Georgia

Old June 4th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

I only have one FO for May:

A pair of felted slippers for me done with the Fibertrends clogs pattern.
http://tinyurl.com/yu9gkm

I had tried to make these in the past, but used wool that didn't shrink up
enough. This time I tried 3 ply White Buffalo yarn in a soft steely
blue/grey. Worked like a charm. Since wearing them, they seem to have
stretched or loosened up some, so I think I'll throw them back in the washer
to shrink them a little bit more. ;)

I'm working on a pair of socks from a pattern called Hawaiian Leis, and am
having a terrible time with the pattern. I had to sort it out for the first
sock, and now have forgotten what I did. I should have written it down.
Now I have to figure it out all over again. Bah!

Shelagh

Old June 4th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia

I'm very impressed! I tried felting some mittens once, concluded it took
more experimentation and engineering than I had patience for.

Georgia

Old June 4th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Shillelagh wrote:

I only have one FO for May:

A pair of felted slippers for me done with the Fibertrends clogs
pattern. http://tinyurl.com/yu9gkm

I had tried to make these in the past, but used wool that didn't
shrink up enough. This time I tried 3 ply White Buffalo yarn in a
soft steely blue/grey. Worked like a charm. Since wearing them, they
seem to have stretched or loosened up some, so I think I'll throw
them back in the washer to shrink them a little bit more. ;)

I'm working on a pair of socks from a pattern called Hawaiian Leis,
and am having a terrible time with the pattern. I had to sort it out
for the first sock, and now have forgotten what I did. I should have
written it down. Now I have to figure it out all over again. Bah!

Shelagh

Those look wonderful Shelagh. I'll bet they're comfy and warm.

Old June 5th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Bernadette" wrote in message

Those look wonderful Shelagh. I'll bet they're comfy and warm.

The nicest thing is they're very soft, and yes, nice and warm. ;)

S.

Suspend objects gervay Glass 6 December 31st 06 02:26 AM
Finished Objects Alison Yarn 3 October 16th 06 12:24 PM
Finished objects abutteriss Yarn 17 May 9th 06 04:03 PM
My Finished objects...for Dec and Jan so far. Susan Carey Yarn 9 January 11th 06 11:40 PM
Beautiful Beaded Objects Tink Beads 5 September 19th 03 05:49 AM