how many yards?

Old July 15th 03, 02:02 AM
Greg

Default how many yards?

Could anyone guess the range of yards(@60") would be needed for XLG coveralls???

Thanks,

Greg
Old July 15th 03, 02:17 AM

What height is the person and what style of sleeve (set-in, dolman,
raglan) are you using?

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Old July 15th 03, 07:33 AM
Sally Holmes

"Greg" wrote in message
om...
Could anyone guess the range of yards(@60") would be needed for XLG

coveralls?

A maximum of twice the length is my guess. You'll be able to fit the sleeves
and facings in somewhere, probably at the side of the leg.

HTH
--
Sally Holmes
Wakefield, West Yorkshire

Old July 15th 03, 07:43 AM

Sally Holmes wrote:

Could anyone guess the range of yards(@60") would be needed for XLG

coveralls?

A maximum of twice the length is my guess. You'll be able to fit the sleeves
and facings in somewhere, probably at the side of the leg.

My daughter is an XL type size, and I drafted her an coverall pattern in
PMB and then went to the yardage calculator, and the sleeve would not
fit and had to be placed separately. My guess would be 2x the total
shoulder-to-hem-plus-hem-allowance plus length of sleeve, then round up
to the next quarter-yard. But of course, the OP could always take the
patterns pieces to the fabric store and lay them out on the fabric. We
have no idea if the fabric is one-way or what.

Old July 15th 03, 04:14 PM
Greg

Thanks for all your answers.

I am afraid I am very new and could not answer some of yours.

Greg

Old July 15th 03, 04:26 PM

Greg wrote:
Thanks for all your answers.

I am afraid I am very new and could not answer some of yours.

Do you know how tall the person is that the overalls need to be made of
and what the sleeve looks like?