How to wire a closed house!!!

Old August 24th 04, 09:39 PM
Leslie Weinberg

Default How to wire a closed house!!!

Have done loads of dollhouses, wired them myself. Now I am sitting with
a new Lawbre Painted Lady which is a closed house, and don't know where
to start. I'm used to having the connection for the AC at the back of
the house, where it's open, but there is no back in terms of overall
appearance and I don't know if I want to mount the connection along with
part of the tape on the outside of a finished outside wall of the house.
Can anyone tell me how to do this without it looking "tacky"??? Leslie
Old August 24th 04, 10:15 PM
Herb

Leslie Weinberg wrote:

Have done loads of dollhouses, wired them myself. Now I am sitting with
a new Lawbre Painted Lady which is a closed house, and don't know where
to start. I'm used to having the connection for the AC at the back of
the house, where it's open, but there is no back in terms of overall
appearance and I don't know if I want to mount the connection along with
part of the tape on the outside of a finished outside wall of the house.
Can anyone tell me how to do this without it looking "tacky"??? Leslie

Some thoughts:

Make a base and put all the connections underneath. (Most of the
Lawbre's seem to have an adequate base already.) If you don't want ANY
connection apparant on the outside, including its brick or lattice base,
make a hole in the table it's going to be on.

Put up some exterior telephone poles and string wire realistically.

If rain gutters and downspouts are appropriate for the house, add them
and run wiring inside them.

Don't use AC power at all; run it on batteries; the house can be
completely self-contained with no external connections at all.

Enjoy the house - they're all beautiful!

- Herb
Old August 25th 04, 01:12 AM
Gerald Miller

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:39:44 GMT, Leslie Weinberg
wrote:

Have done loads of dollhouses, wired them myself. Now I am sitting with
a new Lawbre Painted Lady which is a closed house, and don't know where
to start. I'm used to having the connection for the AC at the back of
the house, where it's open, but there is no back in terms of overall
appearance and I don't know if I want to mount the connection along with
part of the tape on the outside of a finished outside wall of the house.
Can anyone tell me how to do this without it looking "tacky"??? Leslie

I like to use a plug on the wire from the transformer to mate with a
socket concealed somewhere in the base of the house. The small
co-axial plugs provide good contact with little chance of short
circuits.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Wire Density Questions Karen Chan Beads 2 August 29th 04 06:24 PM
AD: Wire Sculpture Jewelry videos on eBay & Accounting Magik Beads 2 June 21st 04 10:31 PM
Wire question Regina Beads 2 November 23rd 03 09:53 PM
Good vibes needed S. Burwash Beads 24 September 2nd 03 09:34 PM
I need beads! Rant and ? about wire mkahogan Beads 6 July 23rd 03 02:06 AM