Need presentation advice

Old October 14th 03, 06:34 PM
Georgia

Default Need presentation advice

I have been selling one-of-a-kind jewelry (wholesale and retail) for 5
years, and I've got presentation issues and paraphernalia (cards, tags,
cases, etc.) pretty much figured out. Today I made a (for me) big sale of my
polymer clay beads (73 beads in lots of 5-9) to a new client, and I felt
like a complete novice. (I blush to say that I even forgot my sales book--I
guess I think of it as for jewelry sales!) I had the beads strung in groups
on fishing line, but basically they were just tossed together into a
non-fancy cardboard box.

What do I need to be able to show beads in a more professional way when I go
into a shop?

Georgia

--
Yoga helps us all to relax and draw strength from our inner elephant.
--Laurent de Brunhoff

Old October 14th 03, 08:14 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

You can buy velvet or suede covered presentation trays from many places -
they come in a variety of colors. Rio Grande, Fetpak are a couple names that
come to mind.

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Need web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com

Old October 14th 03, 11:23 PM
csteele

I just read a post on this very topic last night. On the Delphi forum
called "Polymer Clay Jewlery". Under the category "The Business End"
(actually click on that title to see past posts) there is a post called
"approaching shopowners with your work". There is some nice info there.

Catherine

Old October 15th 03, 04:09 PM
Sjpolyclay

What do I need to be able to show beads in a more professional way when I go
into a shop?

ditch the carboard, get the plastic Sterlite or rubbermaid type boxes with lids
from Walmart or someplace like that. They are around $1.00 each. That, and some
white tissue paper for layering, and if you want to put sets together get
little plastic bags. Most hobby places carry them now, or I get mine in bulk
from Bradley's bags in CA, or U-line is another good one.
http://www.bradleybag.com/
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old October 20th 03, 12:47 AM
Shayla Anthony

Maybe instead of stringing your beads on fishing wire.. you can use actual
metal wire .. either polymer coated colored wire, or metal colored wire like
copper or silver plate...

You can take a look at justbeads.com for some ideas under the polymer clay
section. A lot of the sellers string their beads on wire for the photos with
a few matching beads to sell as a set...

Some people string a few beads, and then curl the edges up to make it look
nice ..

Shayla

Need advice on making money [email protected] General Crafting 0 February 2nd 05 01:53 PM
Lampworking - need torch advice. BethF Beads 15 January 23rd 05 07:13 AM
Art Fair Advice Rebecca Thomas Jewelry 4 January 29th 04 03:39 PM
Art Fair Advice Rebecca Thomas Beads 1 January 22nd 04 03:39 PM