Really square cutters?

Old October 17th 03, 07:27 PM
Irwin

Default Really square cutters?

Does anyone know where to get a set of truly square cutters for large
squares? Especailly without seams.

I have a set of Kemper cutters for small squares. I am happy with
those and want somethinhg similar for larger squares.

The canape cutters I have for larger squares don't cut the mustard for
two reasons -
1. They are not truly square, most are trapezoidal to some degree or
other - some egregiously so.
2. The seam makes an unseemly "burr" on the perimeter which takes
extra time to smooth out.

I don't need pointy corners, just equal smooth sides. A variety of
sizes 1" and over is sought.

(A set with really square corners would be welcome too, but I'm not
holding my breath on that one.)

Thanks for any pointers.

--- Irwin

Take a look at some of my work at -
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=3008938
Old October 17th 03, 08:16 PM
Sjpolyclay

Irwin, if you find 'em, I want a set too. The ones in the set I have are not
true as you have noted--they got soldered shut by someone who put the last side
IN instead of OUT at the seam and so all of them are short on one side.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old October 18th 03, 12:59 AM
Peggy McCall

Sjpolyclay wrote:
Irwin, if you find 'em, I want a set too. The ones in the set I have
are not true as you have noted--they got soldered shut by someone who
put the last side IN instead of OUT at the seam and so all of them
are short on one side. Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

This may be an "overkill" solution, but it's worth considering -

I make my own cookie cutters for clay work from instructions in the cookbook
"Sugarbakers' Cookie Cutter Cookbook" by Diana Collingwood Butts and Carol
V. Wright. It's really not very difficult to do if you just care about the
function and don't mind how they look! (their instructions have handles and
such, and make very "decorative" cutters)

I also tucked away this discussion thread about where to get cutters made,
but I never checked out any of the references because I started doing it
myself - http://www.potters.org/subject29262.htm

Peggy

Old October 18th 03, 04:59 PM
Kathi Gose

seems to me you should be able to make them....with the excess on the
outside. I made a star of david cutter that way. Let me see what I can come
up with (I love making stuff like this) and I will let y'all know if it
works. And yes...the sides will be square

Kathi

--
www.dragonsglass.com
stained glass for the soul
"Sjpolyclay" wrote in message
Irwin, if you find 'em, I want a set too. The ones in the set I have are

not
true as you have noted--they got soldered shut by someone who put the last

side
IN instead of OUT at the seam and so all of them are short on one side.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Square rhinestone settings? [email protected] Beads 3 January 10th 05 05:43 AM
Embellished square stitch bracelet from hell Dr. Sooz Beads 16 November 3rd 04 11:38 PM
square wire items4sale Jewelry 11 May 7th 04 03:22 PM
Advice on Strip/Circle Cutters Matthew Lybanon Glass 4 May 2nd 04 03:23 AM
Need source for large Strawberry or Cherry Quartz flat square beads Angel Beads 2 July 26th 03 06:23 PM