bummer

Old August 10th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default Tri-County Q.G. bummer

Howdy!

You're right, that is Tuesday. g
Some of their locals hang out he

One of them just posted about this quilt shop:
http://www.timetreasuredquilts.com/index.php

Good luck!

Ragmop/Sandy

On 8/10/06 11:44 AM, in article ,
"Kellie J. Berger" wrote:

thanks! it says 1st Tuesday on the meetings page. The newspaper
definitely said 2nd Tuesday. 1st will work better for me anyway...
might try to visit one of their Bees in the meantime.

Kellie

"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!

Here's the guild web page:

http://www.tricountyquiltguild.org/

Looks like they meet the first (not Monday) *TUESday!! ; maybe the paper got

the wrong info.

I listen & talk to some of the members on a Tx. Yahoo group. Nice folks.

Ragmop/Sandy

On 8/9/06 9:15 AM, in article ,
"Kellie J. Berger" wrote:

there was an email but i emailed them 2 weeks ago and got no reply.
sent
another last night. no name just tricountyquiltguild at yadayadayada

still bummed

Kellie
"Taria" wrote in message
No contact phone number in the listing? That is a bummer.
How is the group going to grow if you can't find them?
That is weird.
Taria

Kellie J. Berger wrote:
Newspaper said there was a quilt guild that was meeting at a church
near
me on the 2nd Tues of each month 7pm...Come visit! Show and Tell, BOM,
Bees and much much more....come be part of the growing quilting
community
in this area.
so i went.
Didn't find a soul there. and nothing in the church bulletin saying
where/when they would meet, or even mentioning them at all.
Jazzercise
was there and a bible study group.

sigh. was so looking forward to a group nearer to me.

Old August 10th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Default bummer

In the newsletter it says the 1st Tuesday (this months was on the 1st
August). I looked further back in the year, and they changed from
being on the 2nd Tuesday in February. Perhaps no one told the paper.
We have things in our local paper years out of date - we have had two
vicars since the one listed!
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:44:26 GMT, "Kellie J. Berger"
wrote:

thanks! it says 1st Tuesday on the meetings page. The newspaper
definitely said 2nd Tuesday. 1st will work better for me anyway...
might try to visit one of their Bees in the meantime.

Kellie

"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!

Here's the guild web page:

http://www.tricountyquiltguild.org/

Looks like they meet the first Monday; maybe the paper got the wrong info.

Old August 10th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kellie J. Berger

that would make sense. No one has responded to my email yet. gonna
search the website for other emails that might be more active so i can let
them know.

Kellie

,

Old August 10th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Better watch our Kellie. You may end up president if they have one
and you can find them ; )
TAria

Old August 10th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

My thought exactly. Our guild meets informally in the summer. Since
the number of attendees is down but the rent at our usual location
remains the same we meet in the classroom of a local store during the
summer. As about guilds at quilt shops in the area. They should have
information or at least know someone who is a member. Being part of a
larger group is great. You make new friends and stretch yourself
trying different techniques.

Susan

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 10:17:49 -0400, "Sharon Gates"
wrote:

maybe it only meets Sept - June???
Sharon
"Kellie J. Berger" wrote in message
.. .
Newspaper said there was a quilt guild that was meeting at a church near
me on the 2nd Tues of each month 7pm...Come visit! Show and Tell, BOM,
Bees and much much more....come be part of the growing quilting community
in this area.
so i went.
Didn't find a soul there. and nothing in the church bulletin saying
where/when they would meet, or even mentioning them at all. Jazzercise
was there and a bible study group.

sigh. was so looking forward to a group nearer to me.

--
Kellie J. Berger
www.kjbeanne.com
www.kjbeanne.com/kellie.htm
Marketing Co-ordinator Illuminations Arts
www.illuminationsarts.org

A Bummer Holiday Weekend (Not OT) Debbi Quilting 5 September 5th 05 06:48 PM
Holiday bummer :( NoraBalcer Yarn 0 December 9th 04 04:13 PM
No more Wire Artist Jeweller (bummer) Beadbimbo Beads 1 October 29th 04 03:09 PM
What a bummer (highly depressing) Kandice Seeber Beads 12 October 4th 04 07:06 PM