Sore face! (OT)

Old August 7th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Default Sore face! (OT)

Sandy Foster wrote:

In article ,
Kate Dicey wrote:

AKK! MOGS!

Sugar Puff has been in a scrap. She has acquired a nasty little
puncture wound above her right eye, and a nasty swelling below it.
Bathing the area yesterday got the scab off and released a lot of nasty
mess, so we did it again yesterday evening and will have another go
today. Warm salt water is the key here.

We took her to the vet this morning and got her examined and pumped full
of antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs, and she has a course of
pills to start tomorrow morning. I am *not* looking forward to THAT!

Meanwhile, she is a little grumpy but not off her food, and she made
stink in the cat box on the way home (cat box bedding currently in
washer!) just to make her displeasure really obvious! A few good wishes
wafted her way would be welcome. She would do this while we were away,
naturally! Still, we seem to have caught it in time to fix without too
much bother.

Yikes! That's every QI's person's biggest worry, isn't it? That the QI
will be hurt while the person is away and can't do anything to help. I
hope Sugar Puff is feeling better very soon and that there are no
long-lasting effects.

Well, she's snuggled up on James's lap now (having abandoned our bed for
the sewing room, and been evicted!) 'watching' Fifth Element with him,
so I guess she's feeling a little better than she was this morning after
being stabbed with a needle twice and having a thermometer shoved up her
bum! She's uncomfortable in her face, but otherwise fine for now.

As for being away... Well, Auntie Mo Next door comes in to feed and
cuddle them, and had there been a problem she'd gave got it sorted and
told us about it, but I think this happened the night we got back,
blowing up yesterday.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old August 7th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Awwwwwwwww poor baby. Give her some big sloppy kisses from Frazier and
little kitty purrs from Abby.

--
Cindy from MO

Old August 7th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

SOunds like Sugar Puff is on the mend. Glad you got her meds and
hope she is better soon.
Taria

Old August 7th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Cindy Schmidt wrote:

Awwwwwwwww poor baby. Give her some big sloppy kisses from Frazier and
little kitty purrs from Abby.

Thanks! She's getting spoled - but still wants OUT!

Old August 8th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA

OH, goodness!! Dratted cats, they always get into a mess when you're gone,
eh? Glad to hear that Sugar Puff is getting better. Purrs from the
4-footed critters at my house, too.
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

Old August 8th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Glad Sugar Puff (aka Ghengis Kitten) is feeling better.

BTW - given her personality, where did she get a name like
SP? LOL

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

"Kate Dicey" wrote in
message
: Cats wrote:
:
: Poddy, Boof and Donut all send rather vague greetings
and
: good wishes. It was sunny today and they have been
asleep
: in front of the glass door in the warm afternoon sun.
: They're still a bit dozey.
:
: I am sure when they all actually wake up they will waft
: healing thoughts to Sugar Puff.
:
: Mean time - please administer a gentle ear rub from me,
: along with a gentle admonishment not to get into fights.
:
: Gentle! That would mean nothing to her! Ghengis Kitten,
that one...
:
:
: Thank you!
: --
: Kate XXXXXX R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
: Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons

Old August 8th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Cats wrote:

Glad Sugar Puff (aka Ghengis Kitten) is feeling better.

BTW - given her personality, where did she get a name like
SP? LOL

99.9% of the time she is small and very sweet - just like a Sugar Puff!
Look at the cat page on my web site! The other little bit she's a
monster - but still adorable... She's VERY territorial, which is where
she exercises the Ghengis Kitten bit! And she's not a kitten, for all
her small size: she's eight and a half years old!

She's very affectionate and loving, except when crossed. Her bro is too
stooopid to remember NOT to cross her! He usually has a scratched nose
from poking it at her when she didn't want him to. Half the time they
are nested up together, and at least once a day they fight like cats!
She starts it as often as he does.
Old August 8th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

TerriLee in WA wrote:

OH, goodness!! Dratted cats, they always get into a mess when you're gone,
eh? Glad to hear that Sugar Puff is getting better. Purrs from the
4-footed critters at my house, too.

dratted indeed! but this evening, after a day of enforced rest, she is
MUCH better! I'm dreading pilling her tomorrow!

Old August 8th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Oh, I just loved the matched pair of cats!!!

--

Cheryl & the Cats

:

Old August 8th 06, 08:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Cats wrote:
Oh, I just loved the matched pair of cats!!!

They often snuggle up like that, or as a one cat heap: 2 heads, 8 legs,
2 tails, and you can hardly tell which is who's!